Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, new here, first official post not in the Welcome area, :)

I'm not used to hearing the term spiriual healing - are you all talking about healing a physical sickness that I might call faith healing or hands on healing?

I was healed July 2009 of a severe hip issue that I had received alot of work on with little improvement for 3 years. I was dragged to a church and went to an "altar call" - had never heard that word before.
I was dragged the next night, too - I remember crossing my legs and telling my friend, " I couldn't do that last night."
On the 4th morning I walked to the bathroom and stopped midway -when I saw I simply walked like a normal person.

I know alot about "physical" healing...but don't want to horn in if that's different.

I'll take awhile to learn all your names! This is a very active forum. :)

Nice thread,
Miss Hepburn

First of all welcome to SF Miss Hepburn :)
I'm sure you will find there are so many different names for healing - My mother has received and given healing. Each time she would stand in front of the person wishing to receive healing, her hands wouldn't touch the person, they would be just a few inches away. She found also that she was drawn to the area where healing was needed.
Faith healing? I have never really thought much about that as it gives the impression that one needs to have faith first. As I am sure you know, animals can also receive healing and its because of this that I feel Faith plays no part.
We had a dog years ago, she received healing over a very short period of time and the tumor she had just vanished, much to our vets surprise :)
Old 29-10-2010, 11:57 PM
mac

Quote:

I'm not used to hearing the term spiriual healing - are you all talking about healing a physical sickness that I might call faith healing or hands on healing?

I was healed July 2009 of a severe hip issue that I had received alot of work on with little improvement for 3 years. I was dragged to a church and went to an "altar call" - had never heard that word before.
I was dragged the next night, too - I remember crossing my legs and telling my friend, " I couldn't do that last night."
On the 4th morning I walked to the bathroom and stopped midway -when I saw I simply walked like a normal person.

I know alot about "physical" healing...but don't want to horn in if that's different.

Nice thread,
Miss Hepburn

Quote:

Nice thread,
Miss Hepburn

Hi Miss H

Yes this could be seen as spiritual healing albeit the aspect of being dragged to an 'altar call', as you describe it, is a ways more dramatic than the regular, gentle spiritual healing experienced by many recipients.

It can be called 'faith healing' but no faith is needed, or 'hands on' healing although in actuality it has nothing to do with the physical laying on of hands.

Experienced, authentic 'healers' (they don't actually do the healing ) are mostly caring, careful, emapthetic people and healing is often subtle and without pain, although minor discomfort and/or warmth (sometimes cold) at some point on one's body point may be felt.

Sometimes such healing is termed a miracle but the reality is that healing energy is no miracle and works within a framework of laws - even though we rarely know that framework.

As mentioned before the healing conduit ('healer') channels healing energy from unseen helpers in spiritual dimensions to the 'patient'. Distant healing - where the healer and patient are not physically close also occurs.

That's just an outline.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Hi Miss H
Yes this could be seen as spiritual healing albeit the aspect of being dragged to an 'altar call', as you describe it, is a ways more dramatic than the regular, gentle spiritual healing experienced by many recipients.

It can be called 'faith healing' but no faith is needed, or 'hands on' healing although in actuality it has nothing to do with the physical laying on of hands.

Sometimes such healing is termed a miracle but the reality is that healing energy is no miracle and works within a framework of laws - even though we rarely know that framework.

As mentioned before the healing conduit ('healer') channels healing energy from unseen helpers in spiritual dimensions to the 'patient'. Distant healing - where the healer and patient are not physically close also occurs.
Thank you, mac ---and I was dragged to a church - but I pretty much jumped up and went to the altar all on my own! Ha!

Yup, miracles aren't really exactly miracles, are they - there are
Spiritual Laws at work!!

Thanks,
:) Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-10-2010, 02:04 AM
mac

my pleasure....
Old 31-10-2010, 04:14 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
My personal thoughts are, spiritual healing does always work. There's not one person who does not benefit from the healing process.

Where I think mis- understandings come from is; when a person has a disease or a sickness that affects there quality of life, the healing they do receive whether it's hands on or through absent healing appears not to show any physical improvement, so people may often say spiritual healing has failed to work.

What they may not realise is the healing has worked, just not in the way they had wanted it to. Spiritual healing has an affect on the whole person not just their physical problems. The healing a person may actually be in need of is to possible help them come to terms in accepting their condition so they won't overly suffer. Our thoughts do have an impact on how we interpret pain so what better place for the healing to begin.

I am grateful to my friend, skye, for opening this up a little.

As so often we find terms or words being used which may be misleading. When we speak of 'healing' in the conventional sense, we mean that a process has taken place with an expected and recognisable end point.

We cut our finger and 'healing' has occurred when it's seen and felt that way. We break a limb and 'healing' is seen and felt to have taken place. We get an infection, it runs its course or we are prescribed treatment etc. and there is an identifiable outcome we see as 'healing'.

But when 'spiritual healing' is requested, or claimed to have happened, we then may be expected to accept that the 'healing' has been in a form we neither recognise nor can identify with as 'healing'.

Now I'm not knocking spiritual healing but the problem lies with the process description.

Is it right that the word 'healing' should still be used when the outcome may be very different from what we recognise as 'healing' in our everyday lives?