Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-12-2011, 06:20 PM
GnR

Can past life issues be related to present life fears? birthmarks?

Hi all -

I'm very curious about this, is it possible that past life deaths (or maybe not even deaths, just instances) are related to present life fears? The reason I ask is because I a fear of flying, and being shot.

Related to this, I have multiple birth marks that look like gun shot wounds. I'm wondering if I was shot in a previous life and my birth marks are proof? Would my birth marks represent injuries from my most recent life or from multiple lives?

I'm not sure how the plane fear fits into it, as I don't really feel like I died in a plane crash in this life and it freaks me out to feel that way. I also feel like I have had many traumatic deaths in the past and that I will live to be old in this one. I wish I could make sense of it. I can't tell if it's rational or irrational :P
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Master
I've read that in all my Brian Weiss books and when I was seeing a therapist a year or so ago regarding past lives, she told me same. I've heard that about birthmarks, same with pain. Once a woman asked me if a friend who has been with me (and I have no doubt about this) in many lives since we keep dealing with same issues it seems...had a pain in a specifc area of his back chronically, as she saw him with a shotgun wound there. He does have bouts of severe pain there at times.

I don't know what to tell you about the planes crashes...you can have fears from past life dealings that affect you now...at least that's what i've been told and read.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Stingray

Fascination for certain era/cultures

Sorry, i managed to post in wrong thread.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:18 AM
MMM

being shot does not AUTOMATICALLY MEAN you'll get a birth mark or you'll be afraid of being shot
and present life fears can have their cause root in this life as well

however, in cases yes fears/marks/health issues can originate in former lives
Old 10-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Master

I know a young man, far away, whose birth marks are a mystery to the doctors. When I was told of him through another, I could at once accurately describe them as looking as whipping marks. I can also remember doing the whipping.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:46 AM
sesheta

I often wonder that, as well. I have always had a fear of water (being immersed in water). I have never, in this life, had any traumatic or fearful experience with water (that I remember, nor that my parents could remember) but yet it has always been part of me.
Old 15-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Knower
I suppose its possible in books I have read about past lives, this has been sometimes the case. Like one man always had chronic headaches from a very young age, apparently in a past life he'd died via a blow to the head. Yes I think its possible but that does not mean that birthmarks/fears are all related to a past life.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:10 AM
MaliMarie

My husband has deep whip-like scars all over his back.. He's afraid to look into his past to see what happened. He calls them stretch marks because he hasn't always had them. But, the first time I touched his back I could almost feel the pain there.. I have a certain gift with the body.. healing anyway, and I could feel the area had once been a wound, if that makes sense. I also have scars and birthmarks that I remember getting in a past life.. I believe it is completely possible for old wounds to manifest into scars and birthmarks.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Bigg Nastee

I wonder this strongly too. I have two bumps(for lack of a better term) about an inch apart of my right elbow. Now there is no reason for this and I can't find anything online about such a birthmark. Any guesses enlightened ones?
Old 13-04-2012, 09:28 PM
dhaga

Bigg -- are they actually little lumps? I had one on my left elbow a few months back and it turned out to be a (harmless) cyst. The doctor said it wouldn't go away...but then it did. :)

As to the topic of this thread: I also believe past life wounds and experiences can and do manifest in our current lives, as psychosis (sp?), birthmarks, and scars. Maybe that's why I have such irrational anxieties sometimes.... It's actually interesting that my worst anxieties manifested when I became more in tune with my "spiritual self"..