Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
When we are conveying our thoughts and feelings as you have just done, what is communicating?
Conveying thoughts and feelings, of course.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Pathfinder

There is a belief among some people that Jesus was someone that had become enlightened in a past life, obviously sometime before the year 1 AD, and came back to share all that he had learned in order for the rest of us to become enlightened too. It's a fun theory to explore, and you can find it by googling.

You'll also find a lot of stuff on how his original teachings were very similar to reincarnation, and not what they teach in modern christian denominations. In fact, some people think that he and buddha shared the same soul, perhaps his time as buddha was when he became enlightened?
Old 06-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Master

There are many theories about this, including the idea that Jesus (the incarnated individual) was an Initiate who was overshadowed by the Christ (the Divine Consciousness). In other words, Jesus was the vehicle for a much higher Being.

And the Buddha came to teach Divine Wisdom while Jesus came to teach Divine Love.

And reincarnation was part of some early Christian teachings until it was declared anathema at some Council in 553. It all comes down to control. If people believe that they face an eternity in heaven or an eternity in hell then they need the church and the priests to improve their chances of getting to heaven. But if souls reincarnate then there is no eternal reward or punishment, and the church becomes a bit irrelevant.

Peace.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Conveying thoughts and feelings, of course.

The questioon was "what is it that communicates?" not what is communicated:)
Old 09-06-2017, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
The questioon was "what is it that communicates?" not what is communicated:)
The manomaya kosha communicates through the intermediary of speech and non-verbal body gestures at the level of this gross, material plane we all exist upon.
https://www.yogapedia.com/definition...manomaya-kosha

You may then say that 'this isn't true communication' - however, the relativistic context in this case, ensures this an accurate transcription.