Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-04-2017, 04:42 AM
Pathfinder

Experienced some kind of memory from a past life

There's a man in my extended family whom I consider to be a soul mate of mine for several reasons. In fact, he is one of my uncles. Yesterday, I experienced something really weird. I was just looking at one of my photo albums, and I found an old picture of him and I from when I was a kid. At this particular point, I was crying and felt very sad, because that day I was just experiencing a lot of inner pain.

For some reason, I had to stare at the picture, and his face. I couldn't tear my eyes away, and as I looked at him the weirdest feeling overpowered me. It was as if I was almost experiencing some kind of memory... or almost a flashback of us in a past life (but it was blurred and unclear). Yet, it was as if I knew at that moment that the universe was telling me I'd known him before. Looking at his eyes in this picture brought me to a place of calmness and I was able to stop crying. It was overwhelming, a sense of trust and comfort, like he was right there. I've never really felt anything like this before, but I just had the strongest sense, at that moment, that I'd known him before this life.

Can anyone relate? Am I going crazy?
Old 16-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,
Yes I can relate to that really well,the first day I come to this forum and saw the homepage,I got a shock when I saw Matt's photo,I immediately said to myself," I know you "

Just like that,immediately I saw his photo,I didn't know who he was,I hadn't read a word on the page,but,I just said where the hell do I know you from mate,I get it every time I login,every time I login I see Matt's face,and every time I say to myself,I know you,I know you mate,but where from I can't say.
I did mention it to one of the moderators in a PM,asking who he was,but every time I login I say to myself,we have met before,and I have no idea where.

Regards Billy.
Old 16-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphirerose
There's a man in my extended family whom I consider to be a soul mate of mine for several reasons. In fact, he is one of my uncles. Yesterday, I experienced something really weird. I was just looking at one of my photo albums, and I found an old picture of him and I from when I was a kid. At this particular point, I was crying and felt very sad, because that day I was just experiencing a lot of inner pain.

For some reason, I had to stare at the picture, and his face. I couldn't tear my eyes away, and as I looked at him the weirdest feeling overpowered me. It was as if I was almost experiencing some kind of memory... or almost a flashback of us in a past life (but it was blurred and unclear). Yet, it was as if I knew at that moment that the universe was telling me I'd known him before. Looking at his eyes in this picture brought me to a place of calmness and I was able to stop crying. It was overwhelming, a sense of trust and comfort, like he was right there. I've never really felt anything like this before, but I just had the strongest sense, at that moment, that I'd known him before this life.

I definitely can relate, sapphirerose, and no, you're not going crazy. A very similar thing happened to me way back in 1970. I started a new job and on the third or fourth day after our work was done us guys were sitting around talking, waiting to clock out. One guy started talking...out of the blue I heard a voice inside say "well, after all this time, here you are" and with that I knew him inside, I remembered him and was so so glad to see him. It was like he was the most important person to me who'd mysteriously left so long ago I'd forgotten about him...and then here he was. A split second later my "rational, scientific" mind took over and I thought to myself "this is crazy. I don't know this guy from Adam". And then the voice again said "no...look inside...that's you!". At this time I got frightened...I thought I must have some kind mental condition because this just wasn't rational. I seriously thought about seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist. But I rationalized that everything else in my life was the same. I even questioned if spells could be real...and that someone might have cast some kind of nasty spell on me.

I put up with the confusion of it all for 37 years until after I had a NDE. I then learned that he was my twin flame...which I'd never heard of but because of the NDE I began to research many things I'd questioned.

Namaste, sapphirerose
Old 17-04-2017, 12:15 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello,
Yes I can relate to that really well,the first day I come to this forum and saw the homepage,I got a shock when I saw Matt's photo,I immediately said to myself," I know you "

Just like that,immediately I saw his photo,I didn't know who he was,I hadn't read a word on the page,but,I just said where the hell do I know you from mate,I get it every time I login,every time I login I see Matt's face,and every time I say to myself,I know you,I know you mate,but where from I can't say.
I did mention it to one of the moderators in a PM,asking who he was,but every time I login I say to myself,we have met before,and I have no idea where.

Regards Billy.

Hi Billy, thanks for your response. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this! It's really interesting how you saw that photo of Matt and felt that sense of familiarity. It's so weird how we can feel like we've known someone before.
Old 17-04-2017, 12:27 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
I definitely can relate, sapphirerose, and no, you're not going crazy. A very similar thing happened to me way back in 1970. I started a new job and on the third or fourth day after our work was done us guys were sitting around talking, waiting to clock out. One guy started talking...out of the blue I heard a voice inside say "well, after all this time, here you are" and with that I knew him inside, I remembered him and was so so glad to see him. It was like he was the most important person to me who'd mysteriously left so long ago I'd forgotten about him...and then here he was. A split second later my "rational, scientific" mind took over and I thought to myself "this is crazy. I don't know this guy from Adam". And then the voice again said "no...look inside...that's you!". At this time I got frightened...I thought I must have some kind mental condition because this just wasn't rational. I seriously thought about seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist. But I rationalized that everything else in my life was the same. I even questioned if spells could be real...and that someone might have cast some kind of nasty spell on me.

I put up with the confusion of it all for 37 years until after I had a NDE. I then learned that he was my twin flame...which I'd never heard of but because of the NDE I began to research many things I'd questioned.

Namaste, sapphirerose

Thank you for your reply! It's good to know I'm not going crazy, because sometimes I seriously think I am. How amazing that you had that same feeling about the guy at your work whom you later realised to be your twin flame. The feeling of familiarity, and knowing them before this life, can come on so strongly and suddenly.

I too have considered talking about spirituality (in general) with my psychologist, but I'm kind of scared to tell her because I don't think she'll understand. Since I first began to feel some kind of emotional connection with my uncle about eight years ago, the spiritual aspect of it has just grown stronger with time. Strange things keep happening that confirm there's a sense of past familiarity or even a soul connection. I keep rationalising and using my "logical" brain to say 'no, this isn't real - you're delusional and it's all in your head'. However, my intuition says otherwise. Sigh. It has been very painful.
Old 17-04-2017, 05:17 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Thank you for your reply! It's good to know I'm not going crazy, because sometimes I seriously think I am. How amazing that you had that same feeling about the guy at your work whom you later realised to be your twin flame. The feeling of familiarity, and knowing them before this life, can come on so strongly and suddenly.

I too have considered talking about spirituality (in general) with my psychologist, but I'm kind of scared to tell her because I don't think she'll understand. Since I first began to feel some kind of emotional connection with my uncle about eight years ago, the spiritual aspect of it has just grown stronger with time. Strange things keep happening that confirm there's a sense of past familiarity or even a soul connection. I keep rationalising and using my "logical" brain to say 'no, this isn't real - you're delusional and it's all in your head'. However, my intuition says otherwise. Sigh. It has been very painful.
The feeling of familiarity, and knowing them before this life, can come on so strongly and suddenly.
Sigh. It has been very painful.[/quote]

.............Exactly...!!!

Many, many people think a TF is a lover. After doing much research, it makes sense to me that a genuine TF can be a sibling, parent (or other family member), friend and that even identical twins are TFs. Yes, TFs can be lovers, too...but I think that's rather rare. When you meet your TF, you'll have absolutely no doubt (that is, if you're familiar with what a TF is). Of course, growing up with someone you won't be able to remember the "first meeting"...but there would be a closeness that far surpasses all others (this is why I've included identical twins). When I learned what a TF was 37 years after the fact...BAM...!!! It all feel into place.

As to talking to your psychologist about spirituality...I never offer advice on any kind of health issues (nor should you take any advice from a non professional...that's my only advice). I'm not qualified and it would be more than presumptuous of me to do so. I will tell you that you have much support here at SF in whatever you'd like to share...!
Old 17-04-2017, 06:56 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70

Many, many people think a TF is a lover. After doing much research, it makes sense to me that a genuine TF can be a sibling, parent (or other family member), friend and that even identical twins are TFs. Yes, TFs can be lovers, too...but I think that's rather rare. When you meet your TF, you'll have absolutely no doubt (that is, if you're familiar with what a TF is). Of course, growing up with someone you won't be able to remember the "first meeting"...but there would be a closeness that far surpasses all others (this is why I've included identical twins). When I learned what a TF was 37 years after the fact...BAM...!!! It all feel into place.

As to talking to your psychologist about spirituality...I never offer advice on any kind of health issues (nor should you take any advice from a non professional...that's my only advice). I'm not qualified and it would be more than presumptuous of me to do so. I will tell you that you have much support here at SF in whatever you'd like to share...!

I completely agree. I also believe a TF doesn't necessarily have to be a lover - I think it could be anyone. I've done quite a lot of reading on the topic, and I think the majority of people seem to believe a TF is always a lover because of that very strong, undeniable sexual attraction. If you don't mind me asking, did you experience a lot of emotional pain/sadness during the lead up to, or after, discovering who your TF was? Thank you so much for the support, by the way! I'd love to keep discussing this.

You see, I'm hesitant to call this uncle of mine a TF, because I've known him all my life and clearly don't remember the first 'meeting' - and they always say that you "meet" your twin flame. Yet, I do know he's a soulmate in some way. I'm in my early twenties now, and for some reason it has only been as I've grown older that I've become extremely aware of strange connection that feels so overwhelming. I never noticed it when I was little.
Old 17-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Experiencer

The only "pain" I had was in trying to figure what the heck was wrong with me...why did I have this feeling of closeness and familiarity that I never, ever had anything near to with any other person. I treated him terribly...things I'd never say or do to another person and hurt him to the point I could see it in his eyes, yet he let those things pass by and for decades tried to connect with me. Strange (?) thing is, we looked amazingly alike...people would tell me all the time (we're both male, BTW)...even his own mother said so and the amazement in her eyes when I first met her was very obvious, and a stranger thought we were twins.
He passed away three years ago. I went to a fund raiser for his family, met (and became friends with) his wife. The first time we had lunch she was looking at me and I heard under her breath say "gosh...you even have his mannerisms!". I found out later from her we shared many idiosyncracies. Strange, but when he was alive I never saw a great resemblance...but after in seeing pictures of him I see the resemblance pouring out of his eyes (the eyes are the windows to the soul)...I see myself.

Since the NDE, I have suffered GREAT pain an anguish. I forgave myself (and others) of every and anything...but for several years I couldn't forgive myself for what I'd done to him. Then a couple years ago I heard inside from him "Please stop torturing yourself...please. I made just as many mistakes as you. We're two sides of one. You'll understand, as I have, when you get here. It will be wonderful". When I heard "two sides of one" I felt an indescribable unity within. I can't wait until my last breath is drawn in this life...I sure hope it's soon (although I'd never do anything drastic to end my life...except maybe stop taking my meds...would that be wrong?).

I wasn't spiritual in my life until after the NDE, even though in retrospect I'd had a couple other very spiritual things happen to me...which I cast aside trying to convince myself I was imagining things. Now I think maybe I'm coming close to understanding my crazy, mixed up life...lol!
Old 17-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
I completely agree. I also believe a TF doesn't necessarily have to be a lover - I think it could be anyone. I've done quite a lot of reading on the topic, and I think the majority of people seem to believe a TF is always a lover because of that very strong, undeniable sexual attraction. If you don't mind me asking, did you experience a lot of emotional pain/sadness during the lead up to, or after, discovering who your TF was? Thank you so much for the support, by the way! I'd love to keep discussing this.

You see, I'm hesitant to call this uncle of mine a TF, because I've known him all my life and clearly don't remember the first 'meeting' - and they always say that you "meet" your twin flame. Yet, I do know he's a soulmate in some way. I'm in my early twenties now, and for some reason it has only been as I've grown older that I've become extremely aware of strange connection that feels so overwhelming. I never noticed it when I was little.
Identical twins don't remember meeting each other, either. But have you heard about some of the amazing things identical twins share? True, your uncle might be "just a soul mate"...but because of the connection you feel don't rule out the possibility that he might be a TF. Try to focus on spiritual energy. That might bring you answers.
As for my TF, I was told by a psychic that we were identical twins in three past lives. I'm not one to seek out psychics but this person was on another forum and was giving free readings. And yep...you can't trust all psychics (there are some charlatans out there)...but it did resonate with me.
Old 17-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

During a self-hypnosis session I learned that my immortal-soul mate is a niece, much younger. She is my soulmate's second incarnation during my current life on Earth; the first one was a co-worker, about my age, that passed on before my niece was born. I haven't felt any specially deeper connection with, or attraction for, any of them, just ordinary friendship. During a past life, over 2,000 years ago in Greece, we were married. That was a happy life, and a successful incarnation.