Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 01-07-2014, 12:49 PM
elisi

i just went back and read all the posts.

i'm sure we all have our own experiences. all i can say is, i've been practicing reiki for 25 years and have never had a negative experience.

there's a possibility that the practitioner may be supplying something to the experience that causes a chaotic event...not sure, just saying.

the only thing i probably do differently is before and after each treatment, i smudge myself and my patient.

another possibility is something else was going on with the girlfriend that just happened during the treatment. reiki will bring things up that are emotional.

anyways, hope all works out.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivine
Reiki is a special energy. It is channelled. It is not simply "universal healing energy". Every human has that energy and you don't need a Reiki attunement to use it. Faith healers the world over do it all the time. Reiki is a different kind of energy.

Thanks for point that out, Ive never thought about it before and you are right, it shouldnt be just easily dismissed as "universal healing energy" when its not something everyone can just use without having to have a special attunment.

I use what is certainly "universal energy" when Im just using simple prana all around us to heal.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:06 PM
elisi

here's how i see it.....reiki is energy that we all are capable of accessing. before i even heard of reiki, i was using my hands on friends and family members.

i think reiki is just a tool to help focus that energy.

energy is energy. i don't believe there are different kinds-just in how they're used.

that's just my opinion.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Master

I personally with the thing at your girlfriends throat fighting you, I think it sounds like an entity. Normally negative energies (obviously this was as it needed clearing and you said there was darkness there) dont actively fight back except if they have their own consciousness which is seeing you as a threat.

I know some say one cant have bad reiki experiences but Ive experienced one and have heard of others happening.

I put someone into hospital due to reiki!! Im properly trained and attuned (I think Im a 6th? generation (my teacher was trained to teach by Beth Grey.. who first took Reiki to the western world) traditional trained usui reiki channel. Anyway, I'd always been taught that reiki can do no harm.

I got into other healing modalities (due to reiki just working too slow for me except in first aid situations in which Ive had it preform miracles).. and after I became experienced with a powerful healing modality, I decided one day to mix it with the reiki. After all I was experienced in both forms of healing and reiki is supposively harmless!! right. No way could I predicted what would happen.

The person I worked on wasnt someone sick but rather someone born disabled.. celebral palsy. So I started doing reiki at the same time as I was channelling in true universal energy.. prana all around us and adding the vibrations to it I usually use. Thinking the person would then get this combo of energies.. reiki doing whatever it wishes while at the same time I directing the other energy. Well my client I was doing this mixed session on suddenly felt sick.. I thought for a bit it was just a reiki crisis going on as after all we are always told to expect those. But then my client was getting very ill and suddenly coughing up blood.

Things got very scary.. someone had to run and get a bucket cause of all the blood.. the guy just kept coughing blood we ended up having to rush him to hospital!! (I was so embarrassed that I didnt tell anyone in my reiki group that I'd mixed the reiki with the other energy I often use (and is completely safe too when used by itself without that reiki).

I will NEVER EVER mix reiki with another healing modality of channelled energies again. This "non harmful "reiki" energy" IS NOT safe to mix with something else.

Second example... this one my teacher on hearing about it blamed that the person (who wasnt one of our traditionally trained usui reiki group) probably wasnt attuned right.. maybe she was right but we will never know. (I have noticed slightly different reiki symbols in some books then the ones I was traditionally trained with).

Anyway..there was someone at our local market.. doing reiki demos. A student ..someone young fit and healthy) at my college had this demo done on her. The reiki suddenly collapsed her onto the ground of the market, knocked her out. The one doing the reiki at this freaked out and actually fled and left this other on the ground, she was abandoned by this other who I think was calling herself a reiki master...when unconscious. Anyway this person was left terrified about reiki and would never allow another to do reiki on her, even with knowing me, she wouldnt allow me to give her any reiki due to her past experience with it.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:17 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
I personally with the thing at your girlfriends throat fighting you, I think it sounds like an entity. Normally negative energies (obviously this was as it needed clearing and you said there was darkness there) dont actively fight back except if they have their own consciousness which is seeing you as a threat.

I know some say one cant have bad reiki experiences but Ive experienced one and have heard of others happening.

I put someone into hospital due to reiki!! Im properly trained and attuned (I think Im a 6th? generation (my teacher was trained to teach by Beth Grey.. who first took Reiki to the western world) traditional trained usui reiki channel. Anyway, I'd always been taught that reiki can do no harm.

I got into other healing modalities (due to reiki just working too slow for me except in first aid situations in which Ive had it preform miracles).. and after I became experienced with a powerful healing modality, I decided one day to mix it with the reiki. After all I was experienced in both forms of healing and reiki is supposively harmless!! right. No way could I predicted what would happen.

The person I worked on wasnt someone sick but rather someone born disabled.. celebral palsy. So I started doing reiki at the same time as I was channelling in true universal energy.. prana all around us and adding the vibrations to it I usually use. Thinking the person would then get this combo of energies.. reiki doing whatever it wishes while at the same time I directing the other energy. Well my client I was doing this mixed session on suddenly felt sick.. I thought for a bit it was just a reiki crisis going on as after all we are always told to expect those. But then my client was getting very ill and suddenly coughing up blood.

Things got very scary.. someone had to run and get a bucket cause of all the blood.. the guy just kept coughing blood we ended up having to rush him to hospital!! (I was so embarrassed that I didnt tell anyone in my reiki group that I'd mixed the reiki with the other energy I often use (and is completely safe too when used by itself without that reiki).

I will NEVER EVER mix reiki with another healing modality of channelled energies again. This "non harmful energy" IS NOT safe to mix with something else.

Second example... this one my teacher on hearing about it blamed that the person (who wasnt one of our traditionally trained usui reiki group) probably wasnt attuned right.. maybe she was right but we will never know. (I have noticed slightly different reiki symbols in some books then the ones I was traditionally trained with).

Anyway..there was someone at our local market.. doing reiki demos. A student ..someone young fit and healthy) at my college had this demo done on her. The reiki suddenly collapsed her onto the ground of the market, knocked her out. The one doing the reiki at this freaked out and actually fled and left this other on the ground (I think she was actually was unconscious). Anyway this person was left terrified about reiki and would never allow another to do reiki on her.

ah, i've heard of beth grey. she taught my reiki teacher, amy rowland.

to be clear, i never said there could not be a negative experience, just that i'd never had any nor have heard of any. that's just my experience.

question, did the negative experience come before or after you mixed techniques?

well, the only thing close that has happened is the person wasn't ready for healing-reiki can bring up emotional stuff. one woman jumped off the table and said she wanted to quit. we later talked and she said it brought up her dead son. she was never able to deal with that even though it happened decades ago. so i do tell people it could trigger things you may have been 'stuffing'.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
question, did the negative experience come before or after you mixed techniques?

I'd been doing reiki for 10 years and the other method (but always separately) for maybe 3-5 years (maybe longer) without issue.

It happened the first time (and only time) I used the energies together.

Quote:
one woman jumped off the table and said she wanted to quit.

Yeah I had that happen to me once too. I knew what freaked her thou as I'd felt it too.. my hand like went right inside of her body.. sunk throu her shoulder.. could so clearly feel it then inside her body (it felt sooo weird! as it felt like I had my hand inside her guts or something). My hand astrally (but felt real) was within her body and went to one of her organs. She jumped and freaked out as it did this and asked me to stop and left the sesson. Too weird for her too!

Maybe she needed some wake up call with conciousness or reality?? I wonder why it did that to someone who didnt seem ready for something like that.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Master

Quote:
here's how i see it.....reiki is energy that we all are capable of accessing. before i even heard of reiki, i was using my hands on friends and family members.

i think reiki is just a tool to help focus that energy.

energy is energy. i don't believe there are different kinds-just in how they're used.

that's just my opinion.

Actually, yes energy is energy but they come from different sources. Some people use earth energy or even their own energy. They could even get tired after healing people. Reiki is a divine energy that is channeled. They say an intelligent energy that knows where to go and protects you to a certain extent. Yes, the reiki symbols help you to direct the energy.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:17 PM
elisi

well, i certainly can't prove it, but i think all energy comes from one source-but it is used for different purposes and used in different ways.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:52 AM
Master

Quote:
well, i certainly can't prove it, but i think all energy comes from one source-but it is used for different purposes and used in different ways.

On a spiritual level, I too would say all energy comes from one source .. but the thing is energy is also created by us eg if we get angry.. we created an energy there with that etc. Fear, is itself an energy etc etc.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Master

@sea dove

Just wondering about that girl that became uncoscious after reiki. That is so weird. Perhaps the master was passing something else onto her. Maybe the pure intention to help her was not there and something got in the way. I can't belive that person took off too with complete irresponsiblity. Maye it was karmic between them.