Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 15-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Master
is learning reiki through the net

just as effective as learning in person? thanks
Old 15-10-2010, 03:50 AM
iolite

Yes it can be, I guess it depends on the reiki master. I remember reading in Diane Stein's Essential Reiki that when she finally became a master, she offered attunements free at local psychic fares and at that time she really didn't know what she was doing and she wondered if any of the attunments were good. I also remember her saying in her videos that more than once her guides told her not to worry if she was sending the symbols not quite right. "We fix" they said.
Old 15-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Master
You already have the healing power, how you release that power doesn't really matter, it really depends on the individual, some can learn through books some can't, I learnt how to do oil portraits only two years ago just by watching one dvd.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Master
thanks both of you
Old 20-10-2010, 05:12 PM
butterflyluv

Angel1 distant reiki

I was attuned distantly and i can tell you it definetly works!!I think its all about intention and being open and dont doubt what you feel.I took a reiki 1and 2 course distantly and i did the master from a dvd. I give myself reiki all the time and it has changed my life!!
Old 20-10-2010, 05:44 PM
SoaringSpirit

Rosewater are you talking about a distant attunement by an actual reiki master or one of those where you are supposed to focus on the symbol on the computer screen and get attuned like that???
Old 20-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Ascender
Distant attunements for Reiki are possible of course. But i think it is much better and integral to teach on a one to one basis.
I was taught in a group situation and made wonderful bonds with fellow students.

I have attuned Friends distantly if requested, but never for financial gain......Not judging others but i would not do that!

Butterfly i have never heard of anybody being attuned by Dvd.......no way!

Yes there are videos and books to teach the meaning of symbols and basic ethics, but the teacher has to attune, either astrally or in person.

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 23-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Master
soaring distance from actual master.. he never got back to me anyways so guess won't be doing it lol thanks guys
Old 23-10-2010, 06:18 AM
SoaringSpirit

Distant attunements definately work, but those ones where you have to put your hand on the symbol on your computer screen (or something similar) in my opinion do not work.
Old 23-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Master
i see thank you!