Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 PM
EmergingPath

What Is Reiki?

What is Reiki?
The word Reiki means “universal life energy”. It is made up of two Japanese words, rei, which means "universal spirit" and ki, which means "life-force".

Reiki is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing and overall well-being. It is based on the theory that an unseen "life force energy" flows through everything and everyone in the universe. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

A few key points about how this energy works:
The availability of this universal energy is limitless and is energizing for the provider as well as the receiver. Providing Reiki does not draw on the provider’s own energy or life force. It is a process of inviting and allowing the energy to flow through. No forcing or “trying” is required; in fact, it gets in the way of the natural flow.

Anyone can do it. Everyone has the innate ability to channel this energy. With practice, this ability is enhanced.The receiver is responsible for their treatment. The goal of the Reiki provider is to help the receiver to heal him/her self. The receiver will either accept or block the flow of energy. It is also reassuring to know that the energy will go just where it is needed, regardless of where the provider is applying it.

What Reiki Is:
  • Always available.
  • Easy to use.
  • An individual experience.
  • Restorative and balances natural energy.
  • For maintaining positive wellness and helping the healing process.
  • Safe to use anytime, any place, any situation and it cannot be used to manipulate or control. It is gift of increased energy and vitality that can be extended to anyone.
  • For all and it doesn’t matter what a person’s gender, race, intelligence, or financial status is. Reiki is not a healing energy reserved only for the elite, wealthy, educated, or spiritually evolved.
  • “Smart energy” and it knows which areas of the body most need healing with no mental involvement of either the practitioner or the recipient. However, when mental intention is used, a linear pathway is opened and allows Reiki to flow more effectively to that part of the body where attention is most desired.
  • A powerful tool with principles that are spiritual in nature which can encourage personal development and spiritual growth and empowerment.
What Reiki Is Not:
  • A religion or cult.
  • A form of mind control or hypnosis.
  • Difficult to use.
  • A massage technique.
  • Just for when you are ill.
  • Limited to a select few people.

Last edited by EmergingPath : 03-10-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:25 PM
LotusMalas

What a fantastic summary of what Reiki is! Thank you!

I'm often asked about Reiki and this post has some very succinct points about Reiki that I can offer.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Medb

A great summary indeed :)

I also keep something similar on my website for those who are interested in Reiki, but who don't know much about it.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Deactivated Account

so Brother Path, I am wondering, can one energize themself with Reiki or does it have to be sent from another ?

" smart energy ", I could use some of that. Do you practice Reiki ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 06-10-2010, 12:00 AM
EmergingPath

Sista Dream,
Reiki self treatments are absolutly the first thing that is taught in Reiki (well, after the obligatory history and blah blah stuff ).

Yes, I practice Reiki and actually consider it as part of my everyday "lifestyle" which is really based on the concepts of all in life is about intention and focused thought. I teach Reiki as well as Meditation as a "hobby" as well

You should give it a try if you ever get the chance, it changed my life 4 years ago and put me on a path that I will never regret.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
Sista Dream,
Reiki self treatments are absolutly the first thing that is taught in Reiki (well, after the obligatory history and blah blah stuff ).

Yes, I practice Reiki and actually consider it as part of my everyday "lifestyle" which is really based on the concepts of all in life is about intention and focused thought. I teach Reiki as well as Meditation as a "hobby" as well

You should give it a try if you ever get the chance, it changed my life 4 years ago and put me on a path that I will never regret.

Brotha Path,

Wonder if I should say, "Preach it brotha?"

Do you self heal on a daily basis, or from time to time?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Leah85

Applying Reiki / Five Principles

Dream Angel, you can apply the energy on yourself since you are attuned to it (Level I). It shall be done by a Master which is someone that accomplished the Three Reiki Levels.
Everyone who is a Reiki practicioner may send you energy at any distance since the moment they accomplish the Level II. But of course the experience will be more intense when it is made personally.
Reiki can also be sent for past and future events, since everything is happening in the ETERNAL NOW.
Reiki doesn't magically change one's life, and doesn't prevent you from going through the hard times, but it will help you a lot and makes you feel more "connected" to everything that surrounds you and helps you to become a healer of yourself and the others too. It is a way of see and be in life, and it lays on five Principles:

I - Just for today, I will not worry.
II - Just for today, I will not be angry.
III - Just for today, I will be grateful.
IV - Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
V - Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.

So, in order to be balanced, a Reiki practicioner (as everyone else, as a matter a fact) should live having these in mind every single day. Part of the healing resides in these, since it makes you more prone to receive the healing energies.

Namaste!
Leah

Last edited by Leah85 : 06-10-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for your reply Brother Path, makes sense to practice first on ones self. So many areas of interest, things I would like to learn how to do, and never enough time to do it all. How does one choose ?

Expect Miracles !

Last edited by Adrienne : 06-10-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Leah for sharing that information with me !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 06-10-2010, 04:58 AM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Do you self heal on a daily basis, or from time to time?
Yo Brother Inns,
For me Reiki is seriously part of my lifestyle, so to answer your question I practice self Reiki daily, typically after exercise and before meditation.

My HA 15 months ago was a "its time to walk the talk" event for me and my recent 4 month sabatical that I just concluded allowed me to get very clear on my life, what I want it to be and how I choose to live it going forward.

So, yes, self Reiki daily... It's not just for breakfast any more