Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Knower
macular degeneration

if there is any practitioner of acupunture on this forum I would be very very grateful if you can give me more insight on the treatment of acupuncture for MACULAR DeGENERATION.
I have basic knowledge of acupuncture and would like to help my mother who as been recently diagnosed of it.
thankful for any bit of information on the treatment.
sups
Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Guide
Have her start taking billberry on top of it all. They used to give WWII pilots billberry to help their nightvision and it helps with macular degeneration as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Knower
thank you so much for your reply.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Guide

I am a student of acupuncture. Although I have not yet specifically studied macular degeneration, I can tell you that the energetic network of the body contains several channels and many collaterals that reach the eyes. Thus, acupuncture, which accesses the points along these meridians, is able to treat disorders of the eyes. While studying in China, I visited an eye hospital where acupuncture was used, and we visited a clinic where several treatments were taking place. The doctors noted dramatic improvements in their patients. A google search for acupuncture and macular degeneration turns up some interesting results. Good luck to you and your mother!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM
overtherainbow

Hope it all goes well for her.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Master

Hi sups

My father had it, it is hereditary so I would urge you to do what you can to prevent it for yourself as well.

I don't think I'm in line to get it - think is the operative word. My father had blue eyes, I don't. People with blue eyes are more prone to get it.

However, I was advised to take care, and eat lots of leafy greens - kale is particularly good. THe other thing was care with the colour of sunglasses. Yellow and brown are good tints for sun-shades, green and blue are less good. But def wear sunshades in the sun.

It's a terrible thing to get I think for the elderly, when they want the comfort of reading when they have little mobility. For dad, he had dementia as well and used to sit there turning pages over even tho he couldn't see. He didn't know he couldn't see and just felt the familiarity of reading.

I would seek an optician who can give good dietary advice to slow the progression of the disease as well as alternatives.