Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 08-10-2016, 02:48 AM
Newbie ;)

What am i doing wrong?

Hi!
I have tried to meditate for a few monts now. I close my eyes and focus on my breth. Then i can sometimes feel that I'm getting into a meditate state. The problem is that i do not get into trance or get any visions as i read that people do. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 08-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Deactivated Account
That is not the problem. you don't have the problems and you are not doing anything wrong.

You are doing everything right.

The focusing on breath shall make your thoughts quiet.
If this is not so, then open your eyes, use a ball and try throwing it in the air and catching it again.

If you can quiet your thoughts with one ball, then its all ok. if not, use more balls.

If this is not working, try standing on one leg while throwing the balls in the air, and while holding a burning candle in your mouth try to jump on the remaining leg.

i hope you get the joke and understand that meditating is actually about learning how to quiet the thoughts.It is not the matter of How you do it, but on what works.

What ever makes you stopping the thoughts, even for a second, keep doing it. When somehow it stops working, use an alternative.

If you see busy people, working hard, having 2 or 3 jobs in a day, they are actually trying to do the same thing, just approaching it differently.

Once you can stop your thoughts for 1,2,20 hours, you made it.
but the goal should not be on the length, but on repeating, day after day.

Quote:
that i do not get into trance or get any visions as i read that people do

You are in this trance state, now. You meditate to get out of it.

Have you ever drinked, for example CocaCola each day, for arround 1~2 years. if you do this, you will reach a point, where the taste of this juice will change, and you will not like it anymore (for few years).

That is what is happening now. Your tranced yourself in a life, in which the satisfaction seems to be gone. Now you need to take a timeout of it.

While people can experience trance and visions during meditation, it does not follow, that it must be so.
Trance state and visions you can get at any time after meditation. Then, what matters is the difference if you recognize it or if the Thoughts distracts you so much, that you dont.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitrit
Hi!
I have tried to meditate for a few monts now. I close my eyes and focus on my breth. Then i can sometimes feel that I'm getting into a meditate state. The problem is that i do not get into trance or get any visions as i read that people do. Am I doing something wrong?

I guess it isn't about what does not happen, but it is about what does happen, so I'd say, completely forget about things that other people experience, and be with what you experience yourself. How many minutes do you meditate for?
Old 08-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi!
No, you are not doing anything wrong except you are judging your meditation experience, and in order to judge or assess something you separate your self from it. The thing is to be one with your meditation experience all day long, or at least as long as possible, and don't judge or gauge your experience; just do it!

Heightened experiences come when you are not looking for them, or expecting them, to come. Looking for those type of experiences or expecting those type of experiences, can get in the way of your having those type of experiences. Understand that your are dealing with your own mind; your own consciousness, and what you put in your consciousness has the potential of affecting your meditation experience. Be humble and quiet inside with no expectations or anticipations.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Knower
Quote:
Hi!
You feel that you are getting into a meditate state? Why are you aware of that? Isn't your attention on your breath? Your mind is wandering. :) It's OK. The visions and trances are playthings, you want to have your attention focused on what it set out on focusing on. If your concentration is good it won't even notice the diversities that come.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Seeker

stay perfectly still the whole time and keep your eyes closed
Old 10-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Guide

Quote:
Hi!

I think you should wait a bit as those visions do not come at once!
Old 17-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Pathfinder

It might be easier to have your eyes gently open, this also stabilises the mind. Then you can feel what is inside more easily.
Old 17-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Hi!
I close my eyes and focus on my breath.
The problem is that i do not get into trance or get any visions as i read that people do.
Am I doing something wrong?
This is what I would say...and say often to people, hahaha...
You want visions? Then, forget everything else...focus all you've
got in you on the forehead area...inside a bit in your brain.
Period. And I mean, period.
If that's what you want, that is.

Then, what are you going to do once you do see things...if your eyeballs are
flitting all over, forget about it...
so figure out a way to place your fingers or your palms gently on your eyelids to hold the eyeballs still.
There are techniques online.

Best wishes on this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Ascender
If you want more practical control of generating trance states i found a guided meditation was helpful for getting there. You imagine your floating down on a parachute and you float down through a red cloud then an orange cloud then yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Spend a few minutes in each color or as long as you need to until you feel it's right to progress to the next color. Then you get to a white place where you can choose what you want to focus on. If you open your eyes in that state it might feel like your underwater (that's what it was like for me at least).