Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 23-09-2006, 04:29 AM
mikron

A Course in Miracles Introduction!

Greetings All I put this in the general section becuase it its Just an idea the share Light ! It is the introduction from a book called A Course in Miracles
"This is a course in miracles. It is a required course. Only the time you take it is voluntary. Free will does not mean that you can establish the curriculum. It means only that you can elect what you want to take at a given time. The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love's presence, which is your natural inheritance. The opposite of love is fear, but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite.
This course can therefore be summed up very simply in this way:
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.

Herein lies the peace of God."

Old 23-09-2006, 07:03 PM
kundalini

Hi Mikron,

Thanks for posting this. A Course In Miracles is mentioned in the book 'The Lightworker's Way' by Doreen Virtue which I have pretty much read recently. I would like to know more about this curriculum and it's teachings.

By the way mikron and I have said this before, please always be careful when posting words from books. This is due to copyright purposes and I would not want to see anyone troubled by that issue.

Kundalini.
Old 23-09-2006, 11:28 PM
mikron

thanks Kundalini for your insight! and Yes honor is always striving toward the Light ! To Be inspired is a true essance of a human beaming !
Old 24-09-2006, 05:01 AM
forgetful

Hello Mikron,
Thank you for posting an introduction for "A Course in Miracles". Many readers of the course have also felt the basic message is not unlike the speech Nelson Mandela made in his 1994 inaugural address.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own let shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Note: I would think that you also agree, Mikron, that although the form has changed the message in both "A course in Miracles" and the Gospel of Thomas is identical.
Old 24-09-2006, 12:20 PM
mikron

Thank you Forgetful for sharing insight into something so amazing and by doing this sharing we deepend a connection to a higher dimensional reality !

mikron
Old 24-09-2006, 12:59 PM
dreamer

Great quotes Mikron and forgetful and so true. Imagine how the world would be if everyone realised that they could have everything they wanted and that we are all different faces of the one - would that be a miracle or just a waking up to the always so, whichever it will be this simple knowledge that will usher in the new age - here's to 2012 and the miracle of self realisation.
Closed Thread