Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2006, 01:55 PM
OsirisRa

Faith.

Even though the world shrieks and hollers at each other over religions, or lack of religion or science, every person shares faith. Regardless of whether or not religion is there or not. Faith in God, faith in themselves, in family, in science, in the hope that things will get better. Every person has experienced that blind leap of faith into the unknown at some point in their lives. For the most part it is a wondrous feeling of freedom because faith is not bound with rules or explanations it is just there. It exists in all facets of life.
Then why with a world full of faith and a world full of this freedom that faith brings is there so much war and tyranny and upset. This I cannot explain as there is much in this orld that I do not yet know. I can offer my opinion and advice. When people have faith or beliefs, even opinions they place them on a pedestal, one that never changes and grows as things should through life. Most people are very comfortable with an unchanging, unwavering faith because it makes life seem easier. The problem with this is with these ideals towering over us on their pedestals, like possesions, we treasure them, horde them, lock them away so no one can defile them. Like all things we deam "ours", we lash out when they are belittled or practiced a new way. "You can't pray like that, you must pray properly or you are disrepecting my God."
Ask yourself this, can someone else's opinion hurt you in any way, can they steal your ideals away, or change your life for the worse. I personally don't think so. If someone insults your God is it your job to punish them. If you truly respect your god then you know of his/her power and omnipetence, the God's can handle their own fights.
Any ideal that you have faith in, share it, don't lock it away. Embrace your faith and allow it to grow with you, to change if needed with any new opinion or criticism. Listen to others because there is no greater spiritual connection then the one you recieve listening to someone speak so passionately about what they love and put faith in. You'd be surprised what you can learn when you do this. I am a better buddhist because of the stories I've heard about Jewdaism, christianity, science, love everything, and for that I am a better person. Do not limit yourself by putting up walls that say, "Christian only", or "scientists only" share your love and faith with the world and you will always be rich in friendship.
Osiris.
Old 17-10-2006, 03:44 PM
cweiters

OsirisRa

Thank you for your spiritual insight, I love it! I embrace the truth of life where ever I am, all I meet along the way, I claim no religion. I live with truth as it has been revealed to my heart, my own personal experience and the teaching of truth which I can easly recognized in all God creations. Even what we conceive as a bad thing. I feel I can see beyond my natural eyes of desires and fears, I enjoy the days of feeling some freedom and peace within.

I have often dreamed of being in a circle of strangers of many different ethnic backgrounds. The circle is comfortable to me and I am in the center most of the time. Regardless of my position in the cirlcle I am always levitating rising from the floor. I have yet to find my circle, I was suprised to hear some of you speak of it. This was a dream not vission, I realize there is a difference. I have vissions when I am asleep and also have them when I am awake. Although I often deny the ones I have when awake. They soon come to pass, I'd like to worship with a group not bound by religion and all the politics that come with it. I'd like to find a group devoted to recognizing, respecting and learning from the presence of spiritual influences that guide us rather than attemping to control something we have very little knowledge of. This life is so wonderful!

cw
Old 17-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Fiona

OsirisRA - I am always so attracted to the idea of 'Faith'. There is something so ancient about it, so instinctual and unwavering. People who have 'faith' gain access to an inner primeval strength which enables them to achieve miraculous things.

Yet there is always a voice somewhere that says, "how stupid will you look if you show blind belief in something that proves not to be true?"

I am always left with more questions than answers...
Closed Thread