Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-10-2012, 02:13 PM
MMM

i think toolite shouldn't ask questions she's not prepared to see answers to and respond to them as an engaging adult
in my post, i wrote that I believed the post had racist undertones (intential or not)
---- to offer a statistical fact, 'black' people in america are more likely to be muslim than spiritualist.
Old 29-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
i think toolite shouldn't ask questions she's not prepared to see answers to and respond to them as an engaging adult
in my post, i wrote that I believed the post had racist undertones (intential or not)
---- to offer a statistical fact, 'black' people in america are more likely to be muslim than spiritualist.

MMM--Just to demonstrate that you can find statistics to bolster any idea, here are Pew Poll figures (U.S.) from 2007 which says "Compared with other racial and ethnic groups, African-Americans are among the most likely to report a formal religious affiliation, with fully 87% of African-Americans describing themselves as belonging to one religious group or another,". It does not show Muslim even as a major category of religions of African Americans. Graphs and charts included. The Wiki chart of 2007 shows 0.6% of American population are Muslim: http://www.pewforum.org/A-Religious-Portrait-of-African-Americans.aspx

I did not search for stats in UK or Europe, Africa, Asia--which would vary wildly I would guess.

The more you know....(the more we fight?).

Isle
Old 30-10-2012, 04:48 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Henri--

Give me an example of some "cultural training" that would change a reading.

But to me, if the psychic/medium is good, they will not make assumptions about what they see but merely record what they see and leave the interpretation to the client.

Lora

Just my observation, but I've seen psychics refer to demons, energy, entities or dark forces.... referring to the same phenomena... while obviously describing these things according to their personal belief- interpretation. Some see ET beings, some never do, some see demons, some never do ...
and I'm not even distinguishing those who come from Bible backgrounds and how scriptural concepts influence their interpretation.

My point being, we all color what we see spiritually, in the way we express it.
according to our belief systems...(our mental filters) that was my only point. Based on all the readings I've witnessed.

some will agree some disagree, fine with me.
But it's not news that humans are not totally transparent mediums, unless they trance , and leave their intellect behind.
Old 30-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
But it's not news that humans are not totally transparent mediums, unless they trance , and leave their intellect behind.

Henri--

I've heard you express this before and I'm just not sure where it comes from. "trance mediums" are the most prone to inject themselves (and some argue that they are part of the trance anyway so it doesn't matter). I became very turned off by the readings of Jane Roberts when I heard "Seth" inserting examples from Jane's life. In fact, because she was ill, I felt it was probably impossible for her not to want the answers she needed. But the trance medium will never admit part is from them. Again, just my opinion. You seem to feel they are inviolate in that way somehow. I've just never understood why.

Lora
Old 30-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Toolite

Henri77.. Do you have a name or names of those that have said they seen demons and dimensional beings?

Glory To God
Old 31-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Henri77

Will send a pm
I share info but don't wish to defend-debate what others do as psychics-mediums.
That's not my role.

Despite the heat,your query enabled us to learn a few things.

If one took issue with every behavior that potentially offended them, and asked everyone to change due to that.... life would be infuriating, and likely rather short.

the ignore option is a valuable idea to avoid forum conflict as well