Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 13-12-2011, 08:26 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Holloway-White
Looking at most of your responses on here to people - I wonder why you are on a spiritual forum?

Perhaps you need to give them closer attention to fully understand?
Old 13-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Enya

Hmm - they do say those who challenge us are our greatest teachers...
Old 13-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Hmm - they do say those who challenge us are our greatest teachers...

They can well be, but sometimes the lesson is just to ignore what is said
Old 14-12-2011, 08:05 AM
mac

"..... but sometimes the lesson is just to ignore what is said." None so blind as those who choose not to see...
Rather as with the USA's (and other nations) approach to global climate threat. It's an inconvenient truth so just ignore what is said....
Old 14-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Divine Energy

Quote:
You sound like you're a natural medium and as such we are usually far more advanced and on a much higher level of awareness than man taught mediums which is why you found what you did.
The only real teachers of mediumistic gifts are the spirit world. We as mankind can only help you listen to what your guides are trying to show you and teach you. Sadly, most teachings today are all based on one thing - spiritualism - and that is very wrong for natural mediums as Sensitives are very different in the ways they work and do things than forced mediums.

Trust in your spirit guides to teach you. Your spirit helpers will work with you for readings and giving messages, but your spirit guides are the ones who guide you on your spiritual journey and show you which ways you are to work. It is a myth that all mediums have to do readings and platform work - most don't and work in other ways - myself included.
Good luck with finding your way. Use your instincts - they are your best guide. xx

An interesting concept of 'natural' mediums vs 'forced' mediums. I've never come across anything like it before, but the first thing that sprung to mind was ego, to be honest. And yes, we all have one, including me...

I don't really feel the need to say any more to be honest.

Best wishes,
Danny
Old 14-12-2011, 08:42 AM
deepsea

Must admit some experienced mediums are so full of themselves it hurts.
I've met a few of them.
I prefer a medium who is honest enough to say that they can be incorrect in their readings or messages than one who persists they are right in what they giving.
Old 14-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I've met a few of them.
I prefer a medium who is honest enough to say that they can be incorrect in their readings or messages than one who persists they are right in what they giving.

Oh for goodness sake and THIS is a spiritual forum? So you think everyone is capable of being at the same level of everyone else and we all have exactly the same ability as everyone in the world? So in that case by your reckoning, we are all Pavaroti's, Van Gogh's and the like. The reason we are so much more advanced is because we have had it from birth and have experienced many things through our formative years whereas people without that haven't. I have been to spiritualist churches where people are just starting out and they hadn't a clue about anything, whereas a couple of natural mediums who were there attending because they were confused about all that was happening to them were able to give messages better than the teacher due to the fact they were naturals. If that offends you then you are the one with an ego problem because it's a fact that happens and maybe you are not able to accept you can't do it yourself. If you can't see that as being a fact, then that isn't my problem

There is nothing to do with ego in the fact there is a difference and it is usually the ones with the least ability to understand the differences who are the ones who take umbrage at that being said. Most have the sense to know everyone is different.
Maybe it is this attitude by some that shows why standards have declined so badly, because they'll accept anything. If you read properly, you'll see I say both can be superb and each has it's place, but there IS a huge difference and the ones suffering from ego are usually the ones who have to try to discredit people who have a natural talent - in anything
Old 14-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I've met a few of them.

If a medium works properly - they wouldn't be wrong! Your comment says it all about what people accept these days and why we have seen standards falling across the board. Most people have noticed that too so strange you haven't noticed it's happened

I find it very sad that all the so-called spiritual forums have people who want to argue with others who try to help. It is always the ones with the least ability who seem to do this and it is so sad. I have many years experience and have tons to offer to those who'd like advice or help and always give of it freely. I offer help worldwide to those who rarely find that help anywhere (sensitives) as all teachings seem to be for spiritualists only and sadly, some nasty minded people who want to become what we already are, are eaten up with the fact that some have it happen naturally and so attack us for it.

In all the years, I have to say I have only been called an egotist by 5 people and two are on this forum. Says far more about them I believe.
Old 14-12-2011, 08:56 AM
mac

At this point it would be helpful to define what a 'medium' is expected to be able to do.

Anyone like to start the ball rolling?
Old 14-12-2011, 11:27 AM
deepsea

Quote:
If a medium works properly - they wouldn't be wrong! Your comment says it all about what people accept these days and why we have seen standards falling across the board. Most people have noticed that too so strange you haven't noticed it's happened

I find it very sad that all the so-called spiritual forums have people who want to argue with others who try to help. It is always the ones with the least ability who seem to do this and it is so sad. I have many years experience and have tons to offer to those who'd like advice or help and always give of it freely. I offer help worldwide to those who rarely find that help anywhere (sensitives) as all teachings seem to be for spiritualists only and sadly, some nasty minded people who want to become what we already are, are eaten up with the fact that some have it happen naturally and so attack us for it.

In all the years, I have to say I have only been called an egotist by 5 people and two are on this forum. Says far more about them I believe.

Oh,I have noticed,believe me,I have noticed. I try to stay humble about my 'little ability'.
There is no way in the world,I would attack any experienced medium unless it was proved he/she was a fraud.
My husband was a very experienced medium but never had any training.
The only aid he had was from his mother,who brought him up to believe there was a spirit world and taught him all she knew.
He 'saw and heard spirit' in natural ways.
It was something he had experienced all his life.
I have no quarrel with mediums who have been trained,lots of folks have a natural ability but need help in bringing that out.
I wish you well.