Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 25-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Master

Pets As Healers

I think my cats are healers to me, emotionally, psychologically, and physically. I feel like maybe we have known each other in past lives, but that is just because of strong mental images and feelings I get, they could be my imagination. There are a couple of unusual coincidences too, but not that convincing.
But I definitely believe they heal me. They sense my emotions, they seem to help me work through my problems in strange ways. They sense my physical pain and heal it too. They both lay near my head when I feel bad, or on my chest or torso. I feel almost like there is an energetic healing taking place. I think they sense psychic energies and spirits too and help me in dealing with spirits, and help affirm that what I'm sensing is real. I think that one of my cats is associated somehow with my spirit guide, based on dreams and strange coincidences. Have you ever felt your pets came into your life to be healers or to walk your spiritual path along with you?
Old 25-05-2012, 09:03 PM
glpoisson

I have had 3 go over the Rainbow Bridgein the past 5 or so years. When I have checked on the reasons or what I could have done differently I was given that they had agreed to take on some of my negative energy that I was not processing at the time. Each time I have told the cats remaining, I got four at the same time from the animal shelter, not to take on the energy but to let me work through it. Cancer, Kidney failure and intestinal blockages are indicative of unprocessed energies which have been allowed to fester. They each passed from different physical causes so, hopefully, with their assistance these energies have been passed through and learned from such that the remaining cat can live a happy, long life.

Maybe we had soul level agreements for them to assist me. It does not lessen the pain of loss but some things have to be accepted until they are understood.
Old 26-05-2012, 05:17 AM
sesheta

My cats definitely heal me :) I am a Witch, and one of my cats is my familiar. The two of us have an incredible bond.....But yes, pets are the best healers in the world :)
Old 27-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Master

glpoisson, I am sorry for your loss I have had to lose some of my animal friends in horrible ways, and I think I believe in the rainbow bridge too. Once, I had a lovely cat who was dropped off at a house I was renting, and lived under the foundation of the house. The landlords didn't like the cat, but it came as a kitten and bonded with me, and they tolerated the cat while I lived there. When I moved from the house, I told them I'd come to get the cat the next day after moving my stuff. I was going to take the cat to a no-kill shelter, because I couldn't afford the pet fee at my next apartment. When I got there the next day, the cat was gone and the landlord said it gone on to a better place, but I got the feeling that he'd gotten rid of it, killed it maybe. I was very heartbroken. The night before I'd gone to get the cat, however, I'd dreamed of one of my dogs who'd passed away and he seemed to be comforting me, somehow. He was very happy, running and playing. Only the next day did I see, I think my dog came to me in a dream, to let me know that my cat had passed on and he was happy and okay. It was a very vivid and emotional dream, and the first time I'd dreamt of that dog.
I also feel like one of my cats may have taken on some of my pain and drawn it out of me, in very strange ways. I was upset by this, and a little scared, because I felt as if maybe she took it into herself and I didn't want that. Now, reading what you said I wonder if there is a way I could heal her so that if she took on some of my pain, it can be processed and won't cause her health problems. I've thought of trying Bach flower essences for them, but I don't know how much that would do. Maybe I could try some kind of reiki or energy healing method.
Another of my cats seemed to literally "cry" tears after a certain point in my life when I was going through the most painful and self-destructive phases of my life. Especially when I was extremely upset, he would have tears running from his eyes. This could be some other kind of issue, but the fact that it happened especially when I was upset makes me think that it is an expression of empathy, and sadness for me. This is the cat who seems to be connected with my "spirit guide".
My parents' and grandparents' dogs are also very healing. They are shetland sheepdogs and an american eskimo, and they are so sensitive to emotions and seem to just read my mind and respond in the most wonderful, healing ways.
I love both cats and dogs. I'd like to have a dog, too, but I have two cats and my apartment won't allow more than 2 pets per tenant.
Old 27-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Master

Sesheta, I don't know much about the concept of a witch's familiar, but it sounds very interesting. That is wonderful that you have such a close bond with your cat. I once had a cat who wandered off somewhere, I don't know whether she got lost or found a new home somewhere or died, but unfortunately my parents' new puppy drove her off with continual barking, I think. I think we had an amazing psychic bond. I kept dreaming vivid dreams of her for years afterwards. I felt so close to her when she lived with me, and she seemed to sense my emotions and help me heal them when I had no one else there. She was definitely one of the most healing beings in my life at that time.
Another very interesting thing happened to me with one of the cats who came to me. I dreamed about a kitten crying and whining in my windowsill which was at the head of my bed. I told my mom about about this, and the very next morning when I woke up, there was the kitten from my dream, crying and meowing loudly as in my dream. My mom was suspicious and shocked, and she thought maybe I'd gotten the kitten and up it there myself, since I loved cats and was always wanting more pets. She wouldn't let me keep this cat, and I had to give it away, but that was a very unique experience for me.
Old 27-05-2012, 08:03 PM
sesheta

To Louisa

Here is a bit of info on the concept of a witch's familiar, if you're interested:

Familiars are wonderful companions and partners in crime- I mean magick. Often times familiars and their people can communicate. Sometimes it happens accidentally, other time you have to work at it. Always do this with the permission of your familiar. It varies from each person and familiar. Some people hear the thoughts of their familiar, but it is more common to see images, because that's how animals think. Witches and their familiar share energy, thus a familiar can aid a witch in magickal workings. Many times, if your familiar is not in a cage, when circle is raised, he or she will show up in the circle, because they want to be a part of the magick. They want to help. Familiars remember things that their person may forget, and take care of it on their own terms. Also, familiars can accompany their person on meditations and astral travel. Your familiar makes a wonderful guide or protector when you are doing works of this kind. They can teach you new and exciting things or lead you to new discoveries. They can also alert you if something is not right.

taken from: http://www.sayitaloud.com/index.php/...itchs-familiar
Old 28-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Master

That sounds wonderful, sesheta. If I was a witch, I think one of my cats would be my familiar. In some ways, they already do some of the things in that description (I think they communicate with me sometimes, but I'm not that telepathic. I think they've communicated with me in dreams too). I also think they protect me from negative energy, sometimes. They seem to communicate through body language, a subtle way that is hard to describe. They wake me up from dreams by meowing insistenty, and help me remember important messages from the dreamworld. They cry and carry on to draw me away from things when the time doesn't seem right for doing something, and I learn later that it wasn't what I should be doing. They are wonderful, both my cats do these things for me, but one in particular.
Old 29-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Master

One of the ways my cats heal me most is that they are so goofy and silly! I never laughed ever before so much. True, pure laughter is definitely one of the best medicines.
Old 30-05-2012, 12:14 AM
CatChild

I have a crazy bond with my cats as well.

Each of them a different type of bond; it's as though they both serve a different purpose (not to sound like they are only here to serve me) but in this context I feel it is the case...

The shyer one gets Very excited and demonstrative when I'm in the reiki studio, and the other one is more cuddly and affectionate particularly at night. The shy one prefers to be outside at night as though he's on guard. I am single so I think my little orange men have decided to play a partnership role of sorts with me.
Old 30-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Master

That is so neat, CatChild. It makes me smile. Thank you for sharing.