Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 23-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Glad to hear that you've stepped it up! Time, dedication and effort are among the biggest factors towards your fitness goals. Diet is also extremely important, as weight loss can take place simply by lowering your daily calorie intake, and getting toned is more about losing the layer of fat that covers the muscles than it is about actually increasing the size of the muscles. Of course, weight loss is greatly enhanced by adding regular exercise into the mix, although diet is key. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your great advice!! I'm doing my best!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Pathfinder
hey lady im a pt and martial artist and big into nutrition i can say a bit as for the craving for sugar lets just say listen to the body not the fads sugar comes through most foods aye beyond sugarcane fruits are the key here esp. to get that toned bod n the energy to get through the work outs but you really have to eat em like loads as the are mostly water the will pass though you fast so you can eat them all day and cut out the rest lil fat lil protien lots of carbs for the energy that you burn this will tone you along with any workouts long as you are sweating you will burn fat and expose a leaner physique lots of water sleep and sugar and listrn to the body when you dont feel like going dont rest eat up hydrate waoit till you have the peak energy and go hard
Old 04-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-Pax
hey lady im a pt and martial artist and big into nutrition i can say a bit as for the craving for sugar lets just say listen to the body not the fads sugar comes through most foods aye beyond sugarcane fruits are the key here esp. to get that toned bod n the energy to get through the work outs but you really have to eat em like loads as the are mostly water the will pass though you fast so you can eat them all day and cut out the rest lil fat lil protien lots of carbs for the energy that you burn this will tone you along with any workouts long as you are sweating you will burn fat and expose a leaner physique lots of water sleep and sugar and listrn to the body when you dont feel like going dont rest eat up hydrate waoit till you have the peak energy and go hard

I like your comment Jon-Pax!

I usually like to eat bananas before a workout to get energy, some people say bananas are no good cause of the carbs. So your saying not to eat much protein? and eat more carbs? I thought it was the other way.

Now that you mention about sweating I switch my workout and the cardio that I do I sweat a lot and I have seen a big difference in my weight reduction. Not easy but is giving me results.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:36 AM
Pathfinder
excess protein cosumption will be stored as fat so will any excess of consumed foods
high carb eating gets the energy to preform longer and again key for toning high intensity
eg any toned athlete will have a high carb diet as carbs get turned to glucose sugar i recommend fruits as the have little fats an are faster digesting thus are a very viable way to intergrate into ones lifestyle bananas grapes dates pineapple mangoes are very high in carbs
thing with protiens is that its hard to eat without the fats etc
so only thing to be wary of is how much food you eat vs how much energy you comsume big key just listen to your body (it won't go pear shaped over night) aye
day by day feel it out tweak your diet as you feel few tips on maintaining your ideal lvl is get to a point of eating 8 smallish meals a day biggest in morning snack snack smaller lunch snack snack dinner smaller still snack rule of thumb fresh is best never feel hungry or full start an end with water (to clean n rehydrate) no drinking when eating 80 percent raw nuts grains spouts seeds fruit and veg
less time in kitch more time to play
it is possible to get toned by diet alone, almost
all the best and have fun dancing is a great way to burn fat n use those lil my-cells
Old 05-01-2016, 06:56 AM
Pathfinder
i have seen your other post on sugar craving u say you are intolorent to fructose
and also craving sugar and that you love cookies and soda well before you say you cant eat fruit i'll take the initiative and quote

This is because sucrose consists of 50%*fructose*and 50% glucose. Sweet foods such as desserts, cakes, chocolate and other confectionery, and sweetened beverages such as*carbonated soft drinks, sports drinks and so on,*contain*large quantities of added*fructose. Fruit juice is also high in*fructose

so in general you are cane sugar addict takes three days to ween yourself off one of the most addictive substances man consumes and then i am pretty sure that you will be able to absorb more an more natural sources of fructose though start small with fruits lower in it and see what happens
side note when the liver has a n excess of sugar it turns it to an unhealthy type of fat (that is linked to all sorts of problems ibs just one
as they say in chinese medicine when one organ is out of balence it affects the others etc
i am a big naturalist and can totally understand your situation i hope my hunch is on the spot and well received
Old 05-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Master
Thanks for your comment you surely know a lot, great information!

I can only eat fruits little by little, like I just pick one fruit or two a day and I eat them like one in every three hours. Sadly I can not sit down and enjoy a nice delicious fruit salad, last time I did I though I had to go to the hospital, I got really sick. But I do enjoy eating fruits even if is in small amounts.

My main problem is that Yes, I'm addicted to cane sugar (soda) plus I love cookies, the worst ones for me to be addicted to. I will definitely try your advice cause I do want to stop drinking soda I didn't know it only takes 3 days to wean off from it. Worth a try!

In regards protein what you mention is great info cause I actually thought that between the more protein the better. I didn't know that excess protein turns into fat. I drink at least two cups of protein shakes a day plus nuts to get my protein intake, and vegetables plus I try my best not to eat meat, I know some people don't agree with it cause they think is necessary to eat meat to consume protein but I just can't eat meat like I use to. I do drink water as soon as I wake up and when I go to sleep. :) I guess I am doing something right! Plus I was trying my best to stay away from carbs but now that you mention I will try to include it in more in my diet for energy.

I do understand that the intake of food is the key to a healthy and tone body, that's why I try my best with both food intake and working out. Working out relieves a lot of my stress and it keeps me alive.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Master
I just need to add that I don't know what my body type is. lol I checked online on different sites but I'm coming up as hourglass, pear shape and spoon shape and one banana shape, it doesn't even makes sense. I do know for sure, I'm not apple shape, oval shape or rectangle shape or inverted triangle. I like my body, I'm already in good shape I just want to tone up more, that's about it.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Master
Just a warning here becareful not to ever over train ,it can tip the body into Chronic Fatigue and that takes a lot to come back from ..all good but there is data on it.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
I just need to add that I don't know what my body type is. lol I checked online on different sites but I'm coming up as hourglass, pear shape and spoon shape and one banana shape, it doesn't even makes sense. I do know for sure, I'm not apple shape, oval shape or rectangle shape or inverted triangle. I like my body, I'm already in good shape I just want to tone up more, that's about it.

I am a personal trainer, and I always recommend taking yoga classes for toning. Yoga will cause you to activate muscles you are not used to. There is a bunch of other stuff you could do but with yoga, there is the added benefit of flexibility and meditation.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I am a personal trainer, and I always recommend taking yoga classes for toning. Yoga will cause you to activate muscles you are not used to. There is a bunch of other stuff you could do but with yoga, there is the added benefit of flexibility and meditation.

I have never done Yoga, I don't even know if is for me. I'm more into martial arts, but I will keep it in mind and give it a try someday, who knows I might love it.