Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 03-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Valus

Book1 The Truth About Medicine

A lot of people don't know this...

In the early 1900's,
doctors were divided into two camps:
Allopaths and Homeopaths

These terms don't have the same meanings today, but the former meanings are still useful for understanding the conflict and division that still exists within medicine. Briefly, the homeopathic method is to treat disease naturally in order that the body's immune system may rebuild and defend itself, while the allopathic method is to treat merely the symptoms of disease by using synthetic and abrasive methods.

An example of allopathic medicine that was wildly popular in the Middle Ages was bloodletting. One famous example relates the experience of George Washington, who was bled of half the blood in his body by allopathic physicians seeking to cure his strep throat. When this didn't work, they gave him a 650mg pill of Mercury to swallow. He died the next day.

At the turn of the last century, the conflict between these two schools was at a fever pitch. Allopaths were quickly losing their patients to homeopaths, and the future of medicine looked bright. The AMA (American Medical Association) was created as a brotherhood of allopathic doctors, seeking to defend their methods against the rampant success of the homeopaths.

"... we have never fought the homeopath on matters of principle. We fought him because he came into our community and got the business."
(~ Dr. J.N. McCormack, AMA, 1903)

The AMA, in its mission to destroy the homeopaths, began a sustained campaign to slander homeopathy and its practitioners as "charlatans" and "quacks". Big business was quick to ally itself with the AMA, seeing a source of potential wealth in their methods, as opposed to the homeopaths, whose patients were too quickly cured, and, so, could not remain patients (i.e. paying customers). Once this happened, it was all downhill.

With the help of big business, the AMA was able to take control of the press, and to change the curriculum, graduating requirements, and licensing laws in the medical schools of the time. This all served to drive out the competition -- the true doctors. Allopathic medicine emerged as the victor, and the vast majority of us have been the unwitting victims of this scandal ever since.

For more information,
see the documentary:

Healing Cancer from inside out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkyMAYmrQY

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the road less traveled by.
And that has made all the difference."
~ Robert Frost

"I had a fast-growing conviction
that a hospital is no place for a
person who is seriously ill."
~ Norman Cousins

"The thing that bugs me is that people
think the FDA is protecting them. It isn't.
What the FDA is doing, and what the public thinks
it's doing are as different as night and day."
~ Herbert Lay
Former Commissioner of the FDA

"The FDA is serving industry rather than the public."
~ Dr. David Graham
Senior drug safety researcher at the FDA
who blew the whistle on Vioxx

"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
is largely controlled by the orthodox medical
profession.. and the industries which the FDA
was set up to regulate."
~ Miles Robinson, M.D.
Head of a Congressional Committee
investigating allegations of a conspiracy
to suppress alternative therapies

"The Inquisition is still with us.
It is called The Food and Drug Administration..
The National Cancer Institute.. The American Cancer Society
and the AMA. They are allied together to destroy
innovation in modern times."
~ Robert G. Houston

"We have a multi-billion dollar industry
that is killing people, right and left,
just for financial gain."
~ Glenn Warner, M.D.

"They lie like scoundrels."
~ Dean Burke, Ph.D.
regarding the American Cancer Society

"It is now illegal to find a cure for Cancer."
~ Pat McGrady, Jr.

"[Chemotherapy is] a marvellous opportunity
for rampant deceit. So much money is there to be made.."
~ George Lundberg, M.D.
editor of the Journal of The American Medical Association

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out
the window, except that the birds would eat them."
~ M. HI Fischer, M.D.

"The cure for cancer will not be found
under a microscope. It's on the dinner plate."
~ Dr. Paul Stitt

"Cancer is most frequent
where carnivorous habits prevail."
~ Scientific American, 1892
Old 03-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Master
Well, I much rather go with ''allopathic'' medicine, at least they are tested scientifically.

Homoeopathy so far is all about anecdotal evidence and feel-goody, it works as a placebo for small issues.. and I'm fine with that. But I know what I prefer.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Gracey

huh, i learned a lot today. thanks for sharing.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Moon Willow

I'm definitely side with the homeopathic way of medicine. I see it as everything in nature is perfectly balanced, and nature has a cure for every imbalance so why change perfection. Our bodies are a part of nature and are amazing at healing themselves. If I get sick I like to use herbal medicines to help support my body and then use good foods to help my body repair itself. People say that homeopathic medicine isn't tried and tested...well, it has been used successfully for thousands of years...surely that's enough?

If it got to the point where the homeopathic stuff isn't working, then yes I would give some allopathic things a try but it would be my last resort. I also know that allopathic medicine usually makes me sicker than the original complaint too, which is another reason why I stick with medicinal herbs. It scares me to that most drug trials that are done are not independantly tested and there is just too much money at stake for me to believe that the truth is always told.

Just my thoughts for the day.

Moony x x x
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Willow
People say that homeopathic medicine isn't tried and tested...well, it has been used successfully for thousands of years...surely that's enough?
No, homeopathy is recent. Who's saying that ''allopathic'' medicine are not ''natural''? They don't come from another planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Willow
If it got to the point where the homeopathic stuff isn't working, then yes I would give some allopathic things a try but it would be my last resort.
Other question: If you need surgery, do you go to the hospital or do you go to a witch doctor?

In the last few centuries we have gotten much older, thanks to science and medicine. Before that, we had thousands of years of ''natural'' remedies, and it wasn't all sunshine.
Homeopathy can function as a placebo for small issues, but it's really unhealthy to challenge your own health because of ideological beliefs.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Well, I much rather go with ''allopathic'' medicine, at least they are tested scientifically.

By the same scientists who condemn homeopathy, sort of letting the fox guard the henhouse. Of course allopathy is going to work and homeopathy fail or only be successful due to a 'placebo' effect because that is what is best for the AMA and big pharmaceutical industries.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
By the same scientists who condemn homeopathy, sort of letting the fox guard the henhouse. Of course allopathy is going to work and homeopathy fail or only be successful due to a 'placebo' effect because that is what is best for the AMA and big pharmaceutical industries.
Why don't you do some research into homeopathy? Go and see what they put in it etc.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Valus

Chrysaetos,

"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn." (~Benjamin Franklin) If you want evidence, you first have to look for it. This means having an open mind to the possibility that there is a bigger picture here. We imagine that, if there were solid evidence, then these alternative treatments would be the norm. But there are many factors which prevent people from examining the evidence, and then changing the way medicine is done.

For instance, just suppose for a moment that a revolutionary breakthrough has occurred, making most modern treatments obsolete. What do you suppose would happen? Would the medical industry re-invent itself overnight? Would diplomas be taken back, tuitions refunded, and billions of dollars worth of equipment thrown out? Would the people who have fortunes to lose simply stand aside gracefully, and allow progress to go forward? OR, would they do everything in their power to prevent the discovery from being recognized and embraced?

The fact is, this is what happened in the 20th century. You can read the book "When Healing Becomes A Crime", and learn about the suppression of the Hoxsey Cancer clinics, and you can read "The Gerson Therapy", and learn about the similar story of Max Gerson. The fact is, the proof is there, but lots of money is being made keeping people sick. The ones who can afford to do so are paying so-called doctors to claim that these things have been discredited (and this is what is taught in the medical schools), when in fact, they continue to show results far exceeding anything the mainstream treatments have produced.

Have you ever been in an intensive care unit? They give you hamburgers and pepsi. In the ICU!!!! This alone should be enough to pique your suspicions, and get you wondering about the truth.

Thanks Gracey.

Well said, Moony.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Valus

Chysaetos,

I hope you are referring to natural cures,
and not to what we commonly refer to today as homeopathy.
In the second sentence of my first post, I made it clear
that these words have different meanings now.

Also, bear in mind that you're only repeating the popular view.
Now consider a view arrived at through independent research.

Here's some healthy food for thought:

"Dying To Have Known"

In DYING TO HAVE KNOWN, filmmaker Steve Kroschel went on a 52-day journey to find evidence to the effectiveness of the Gerson Therapy -- a long-suppressed natural cancer cure.

His travels take him across both the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans, from upstate New York to San Diego to Alaska, from Japan and Holland to Spain and Mexico. In the end, he presents the testimonies of patients, scientists, surgeons and nutritionists who testify to the therapy’s efficacy in curing cancer and other degenerative diseases, and presents the hard scientific proof to back up their claims. You will hear from a Japanese medical school professor who cured himself of liver cancer over 15 years ago, a lymphoma patient who was diagnosed as terminal over 50 years ago as well as noted critics of this world-renowned healing method who dismiss it out of hand as “pure quackery.”

So the question that remains is, “Why is this powerful curative therapy still suppressed, more than 75 years after it was clearly proven to cure degenerative disease?” The viewers are left to decide for themselves.

from Cinema Libre Studios
http://www.cinemalibrestudio.com/EarthNow/dying.html

Dying To Have Known (80 min.) WATCH NOW!!!
1http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7357629140536485998#

Charlotte Gerson lecture "The Gerson Therapy":
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8384134159042346609#

See Also:
HEALING CANCER From Inside Out, The Beautiful Truth,
The Gerson Miracle, Food Inc., and The Future Of Food

"The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings - words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within, not for want of a teller, but, for want of an understanding ear." ~Stephen King
Old 03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
Have you ever been in an intensive care unit? They give you hamburgers and pepsi. In the ICU!!!! This alone should be enough to pique your suspicions, and get you wondering about the truth.
Maybe that's just your country's mistake. Is it a reason to ignore ''allopathic'' medicine?

What matters is the science. I won't be convinced with conspiracy, and anecdotal evidence. Science is always willing to change its course if evidence points elsewhere. It keeps getting new information constantly, it is build on trial and error. Homeopathy is a placebo that may work for small issues. Same goes for crystal healing, and applied kinesiology.

It's just popular these days to be anti-science, anti-west. Everything alternative is immediately ''ancient'' and feel-goody. I think it's just naive. Sorry peeps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
Also, bear in mind that you're only repeating the popular view.
And you are just repeating the alternative view?