Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 14-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Guide

Question I'm starting to feel like my past life self even outside the technique.

This is interestingly bizzare.

My past self seems to be some kind of Portuguese or Spanish explorer in the age of exploration. I know because I often remember memories of being on a ship, remembered speaking in a language similar to Spanish or Portuguese (When I google the words, I get on sites where I don't understand the language.) and often dreamed beyond what I could find beyond the horizon.

As I go by my day, I get glimpses where I feel I should see a ship's front heading to a direction and feeling the breeze as I wait for the day I can head into the unknown and bring treasures back to my family. Only for me to realize I'm just in my room.

I think of the face of who used to be my wife and children. And I feel a strange nostalgia in meeting them again as I look at my family in this life now.

Ironically even before remembering my past lives — I saw the explorers during those times as a metaphor to how I saw my life. To explore the unknown beyond the horizon. Take risks and follow your curiosity even in the face of intense fear. And doing these not on a ship but often with different hobbies, books and courses to try on the internet/in real life.

I remember drowning was how I died in that life. Abandoned by my own comrades left at sea. I failed to accomplish my dream of finding new lands as a pioneer. And that might be why I felt I always had to discover something no one has — and an absolute shame over not being able to. I feel more at peace — crazy, huh? I'm just glad I'm alive again — not as me now, but as the sailor I was before.

Well, that was long. I guess I had a sudden urge to tell someone about all this. What does this all mean? Is it supposed to work that way? What should I do or what else can I do? I'm new to all this.
Old 14-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Experiencer

That's pretty much it. You are in the zone. Just let the insights come gradually over time exactly as you are doing it. No need to over-complicate things. The patterns from the old lifetime blend and merge with the current one. And you see how it all fits together as you realize the journey of your eternal self.

I think what happens is that parts of your current life that resonate with the old life then this triggers the memories. You may have been at a similar age or similar circumstances may be why this was triggered. It is very likely that these insights are timely for your current life. So it is not just coincidence and it is good to reflect on this to see where else it takes you.

Thanks for sharing. This sounds very similar to the process that I have gone through several times. But it never really ends it just keeps going.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
I'm starting to feel like my past life self
That was just another life. We all have them, we all live multiple lives. Nothing wrong with catching glimpses of past lives, it's a very interesting subject in fact. But always keep in mind it's your current life that counts. Focus mostly on that, and become grounded in this life and this world. Spiritual philosophies warn against getting lost in spiritual illusion. They teach spiritual exercises for the purpose of learning control of one's mental and emotional responses. It's when we become mentally and emotionally attached and fixated in unhealthy ways that we risk getting lost in illusion. It's a subject you might wish to read up on and investigate.