Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 25-01-2017, 05:18 AM
Guide

Alkaline- Forming Diet

Hello. Recently I have researching the benefits of a diet that places the body into a alkaline state. I'm thinking about trying this type of diet. Already take Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, looking to add. I was curious, does anybody have experience with this type of diet? Any tips or pointers?
Old 29-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Experiencer

Cut down or eliminate the animal products, cut out sugar and processed foods. A whole food, plant diet basically puts your body into a naturally occurring alkaline state.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/16...body-alkaline/
Old 29-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Cut down or eliminate the animal products, cut out sugar and processed foods. A whole food, plant diet basically puts your body into a naturally occurring alkaline state.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/16...body-alkaline/

Hey,

I've focused on cutting out greasy food, fried foods, and some animal products, especially red meat. I've been eating chicken and cage-free/organic eggs still. But I've felt much better from not eating or drinking unhealthy stuff (especially soda and diet soda). As I progress, i'll gradually incorporate more plants into my diet.
I read somewhere that people used to eat like 10 pounds of sugar per year, and now we eat somewhere in the range of 150 pounds per year per person. Amazes me.
Old 29-01-2017, 06:40 PM
You might find this fun...buy a pH test tape.
If you ever feel ill....run the test tape in your morning urine stream...it will be acid,
guaranteed.
The day you feel better...it will be alkaline.

If you think you have had too much acidic food...you can go to the 'Greens' section of the Health Food store...
there are barley, wheatgrass, alfalfa, broccoli powders and tablets, galore!
In a quick pinch take some magnesium, that will alkalize you, also...but
take it on an empty stomach (and never take any mineral in tablet form..
might as well drop pebbles in your stomach!).

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You might find this fun...buy a pH test tape.
If you ever feel ill....run the test tape in your morning urine stream...it will be acid,
guaranteed.
The day you feel better...it will be alkaline.

If you think you have had too much acidic food...you can go to the 'Greens' section of the Health Food store...
there are barley, wheatgrass, alfalfa, broccoli powders and tablets, galore!
In a quick pinch take some magnesium, that will alkalize you, also...but
take it on an empty stomach (and never take any mineral in tablet form..
might as well drop pebbles in your stomach!).

Hi,
The pH test does sound fun! I'll go buy some test tape.
I've drank wheatgrass before, but it was the powder and not the green itself. Not sure if it mattered though, I definitely felt an energy boost. I never take tablets...I used to take multivitamins, but they did very little for me. It is astonishing how much our diet has to do with our moods.
Old 29-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
Hey,

I've focused on cutting out greasy food, fried foods, and some animal products, especially red meat. I've been eating chicken and cage-free/organic eggs still. But I've felt much better from not eating or drinking unhealthy stuff (especially soda and diet soda). As I progress, i'll gradually incorporate more plants into my diet.
I read somewhere that people used to eat like 10 pounds of sugar per year, and now we eat somewhere in the range of 150 pounds per year per person. Amazes me.

150 pounds of sugar per year!!!!!!! That's horrible! It's no wonder there's an obesity and diabetes problem in this era and in so many countries!

I've cut back on sugars so much, that I actually find some sugar sources quite unpalatable. We have a combination peach/grape juice and I have to dilute it to drink it. 1/2 water, 1/2 juice otherwise it's revolting.
Old 29-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
Hi,
The pH test does sound fun! I'll go buy some test tape.
I've drank wheatgrass before, but it was the powder and not the green itself. Not sure if it mattered though, I definitely felt an energy boost. I never take tablets...I used to take multivitamins, but they did very little for me. It is astonishing how much our diet has to do with our moods.

This is purely anecdotal so take it for what it's worth:

We had a friend who was doing a job near one of those juice bars in a mall. Three days running, he decided to have a large size glass of wheat grass juice which he'd never tasted before. The first day, he says he felt pretty good after it, seemed peppier, etc. So the next day, another large cup and the third day another large cup.

He says that about a half hour after that third one, he started feeling odd and over the next couple hours started feeling worse and worse and by the time he got home from work, felt like he'd been slammed by a massive flu attack. Took him a few days to recover but he also started experiencing the identical symptoms to a bad case of hay fever.

He had never suffered from any sort of allergies until that point, but from that time on, every year, he had summer allergies that were awful. Because of how that all occurred, he has surmised that the sudden and extreme dosing of wheat grass set off his immune system to fight the supposed toxin and unfortunately, his body wasn't able to turn it off. That was years ago and he still has bad hay fever every year.

Ever since then, I've steered clear of wheat grass on its own and I've only drank it sparingly in addition to another juice.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
This is purely anecdotal so take it for what it's worth:

We had a friend who was doing a job near one of those juice bars in a mall. Three days running, he decided to have a large size glass of wheat grass juice which he'd never tasted before. The first day, he says he felt pretty good after it, seemed peppier, etc. So the next day, another large cup and the third day another large cup.

He says that about a half hour after that third one, he started feeling odd and over the next couple hours started feeling worse and worse and by the time he got home from work, felt like he'd been slammed by a massive flu attack. Took him a few days to recover but he also started experiencing the identical symptoms to a bad case of hay fever.

He had never suffered from any sort of allergies until that point, but from that time on, every year, he had summer allergies that were awful. Because of how that all occurred, he has surmised that the sudden and extreme dosing of wheat grass set off his immune system to fight the supposed toxin and unfortunately, his body wasn't able to turn it off. That was years ago and he still has bad hay fever every year.

Ever since then, I've steered clear of wheat grass on its own and I've only drank it sparingly in addition to another juice.

Interesting. I've done some research since you have posted this, and see that your friend is not the only person to experience difficulties with the wheat grass. IF I drink some, i'll be sure to pay attention to my body, and make sure I use wheat grass sparingly.