Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Mahdrek

Question new to crystals, funny story and questions

Hi all :) I discovered my love for crystals about 2 months ago now. they can be quite overwhelming in more then 1 way lol. around the full moon of oct 29th i had 13 crystals programmed and had them in my pockets and then sleeping with me at night, another 8 were in my bedroom window bathing in the full moon light :) approx 2 feet away from my bed. anyhow i was wired.....the 1 night i slept from 10 am till 2 pm, i figured i would crash early the following night but was up till some crazy hour once again...i know the 1 day i was up till 1230 in the afternoon.....although my body was feeling it my mind was go go go, on such a high, i loved it ....did not want to sleep at all and i knew i couldnt force it so absorbed spiritual material etc. anyhow i was told by 2 peep to get all those out of my room cept for my Amethyst for sleeping and a couple Rose quartz...it really helped :) im not sure which ones were the culprits, possibly the other 2 citrine i had programmed or the crystals i had on my window sill being :obsidean, mohagany obsidean, tigers eye, 2 green aventurines, rhodochrisite and the only 1 im not sure of either a mookaite or crazy lace agate.... i did get them all out of my room but moi not being very good at listening quickly reintroduced to my pockets and my bed the aquamarine, 3 more amethyst, 2 tourmilinated quartz, a black tourmaline and recently added a moss agate to my pockets and bed lol.

any advice on whom to keep out of my bedroom would be much appreciated :) also should i be carrying and sleeping with soooo many crystals , i keep the amethyst in my pillow but have 10 in my pockets whom i let into my bed with me when i crash

thank you for any insight

namaste
Old 20-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Likes2Read

You might want to designate a special place in your home where your crystals will "live" when you're not actively using them, wearing them, carrying them, etc. If you are having the experience of disrupted sleep, then you probably will want to choose a place that's not adjacent to your bed. And, of course, couple that response with things like monitoring when and whether you are consuming caffeine or alcohol, both of which can disturb sleep patterns. Taking a multi-pronged approach to beating sleep issues is the best way to make sure the problem gets resolved.

The sooner you start doing these things, the better, as you wouldn't want your internal clock to get "reset" onto a sleep/wake schedule that's all wrong for the time zone you live in. It'd be like having a case of nonstop jet lag if your circadian rhythms got jumbled up. So be very deliberate in choosing a time to rise, a time to go to bed, and whether you want to add a nap of any length during the day.

If falling asleep is the challenge, then you can most likely benefit from the amethyst and rose quartz nearby when you're trying to retire. I'm a fan of clear quartz, as well, so if you have a specimen of that, it won't hurt to have that nearby, as well.

If you are learning meditation techniques, that's a good thing. When you plan to fall asleep, you will be able to use the same relaxation techniques as you'd use to go into a meditation session, to get yourself into a relaxed and sleep-friendly frame of mind. This is why it's recommended for us to sit up when we meditate -- if we lie down, we might just doze off instead. But when we WANT to doze off, then doing the relaxation routine while lying down could be just what the doctor ordered.
Old 21-11-2012, 04:12 AM
Mahdrek

Thank you for all the advice Likes2Read :)

yes I definitely need to get a proper sleep schedule going as i am upside down right now and want to be a morning person but not in the sense of still being up i dont drink coffee, well few times a year and basically same with alcohol.

I did buy a nice plastic container that is meant for holding screws etc and took the time to line all the bottoms of the drawers with red felt :) and i keep it out of my bedroom lol.

i dont think its really a challenge to fall asleep, i think it's more of an issue of being manic with all my newly discovered interest in everything spiritual.....even come 9am i want to learn more and i find myself being torn between needing sleep and wanting to absorb.

So letting my aquamarine, 4 amethyst, 2 tourmilinated quartz, black tourmaline, moss agate, and 2 rose quartz that i carry on me sleep with me too is not a good idea ?
Old 21-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Likes2Read

The best thing you can do is listen to your body and be cognizant of what effect the crystals have on you. Then you will be able to identify if you are all wound up for reasons that are unrelated to the crystals.

When i started studying crystals, I used to keep my box right under the bed. I didn't have any trouble falling asleep. But everyone responds differently.

Perhaps doing the same relaxation exercises that you would normally do before meditation will be helpful.

Getting a physical and a bloodwork might be useful, as well, as insomnia is a symptom of several physical ailments.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Mahdrek

am i overdoing it to carry 15 crystals on me, the tumbled ones are small and i have a nice fabric bag i place them in , then into my pocket

also concerning elixirs, I had 21 crystals bathing under the full moon and eclipse energy the past couple days in a bowl of salt water.....they were due to be cleansed as prob had absorbed a lot in the few weeks since their last cleansing and programming ; I was wondering if I can drink that water, or even use in bathtub or does the elixir need to be from crystal that is carrying no negativity etc ( been freshly cleansed )

thank you :)
Old 01-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Master

Mahdrek, I'm new to crystals and my tendancy is to go out for the all - rather than a softly softly. Anyway, I've rid my bed of all my crystals as I was sleeping really wildly and badly and am going to get myself a sensible routine of sleeping. I would hazard that you are getting mixed messages from so many different crystals, and so I would start easy, with one, or two maybe and gauge your reactions. Also, get to know your crystals, familiarise yourself with them and allow them to familiarise themselves with you.

Step by step.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Mahdrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Mahdrek, I'm new to crystals and my tendancy is to go out for the all - rather than a softly softly. Anyway, I've rid my bed of all my crystals as I was sleeping really wildly and badly and am going to get myself a sensible routine of sleeping. I would hazard that you are getting mixed messages from so many different crystals, and so I would start easy, with one, or two maybe and gauge your reactions. Also, get to know your crystals, familiarise yourself with them and allow them to familiarise themselves with you.

Step by step.

thank you Belle :)

I am working on slowly getting to know each one individually<<<just started last night....So I will do that, keep a few select ones on me ....and slowly get to know them instead of just having them in my pockets...get to know 1 slowly over a period of a couple days etc...wish i was able to meditate, that would help..im just learning and still need to get to point where my mind is quite and i get into Gap..........thank you so much

Namaste
Old 01-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Master

Mahdrek, go gently with yourself in meditation - at least my view is that it's quite easy to get strung out about not being able to meditate as it is an alien thing for our western brains. Start with a minute, and recite a mantra, rather than going for a total brain blank for a period of time that is not sustainable.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Mahdrek

thank you once again Belle :)

I am almost done Deepak Chopra 21 day challenge and got some wonderful advice from the community there :)

without getting into a lot of typing lol:

trying can be trying....try not <<< like that 1 :)

and another wonderful person said : right now ur mind may be like a raging river but give it a year and it will be tranquil like a glacier
Old 01-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Mahdrek

wondering if ok to leave crystals i already have programmed in my window sill,,hoping this makes them happy and does not cause them to lose the program i intended into them ??? im hoping it just keeps them charged and cleansed :) but still providing their help as they r near me ????