Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Tammy

Some more questions!!!

LOL, i think i am going to change my profile name to "curious crabstick" or something along those lines

I have more questions regarding Spirit guides in general:

I have been reading some of the older posts on this forum, and i have noticed that you can get many guides (not just the guides that come and go, but life long guides, aswell as teaching guides......... is it at all possible for someone to explain to me ( i know it is a mission, but it would be greatly appreciated)

secondly. am i correct in saying, that before we are "born/reincarnated" we choose our own guides??? (maybe i am horribly off base here), if that is the case, surely your spirit guide ( if one was lucky to have communication with them) would be able to tell you, of your past life, or how they got to be ones spirit guides, as in past relationship, (whether it be a your father from your past life, etc.

Thirdly (and last.............for the day
can you request that your spirit guide becomes more permanent...in other words, say you have a spirit guide, you dont know if they are your main spirit guide, can you request that they become a more permant, like your main spirit guide?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Experiencer
Hi Tammy,

There's nothing wrong with curiosity!

Yes, it is true that different guides will have different kinds of roles for us. We usually have at least one who is with us for all of our lifetime (usually one who has been with us in other lifetimes before and who knows us very very well). But others will come and go. Some guides might come to us during a particular period in our lives when we are dealing with a challenge which is a speciality of theirs, and move on when we have successfully passed it. This period could be one which lasts for years, months, weeks, or even just days. There isn't a specific "system" for this, it is just whatever is appropriate to the individual. If your spirit team decide you need more help with something they will bring in more help for as long as you need it, and that's really all there is to it. Sometimes other spirits, like loved ones or family members, might come along to visit and offer their emotional support too.

Yes, we do choose the guides who will stay with us throughout our lives - they are usually people we are very close to in the spirit world - and perhaps some of the others who will be most influential, though as I said above, our guides might decide themselves to bring in others at certain points to help us. They can certainly tell you all about previous lifetimes you have had and their relationship to you (one of my guides has been my partner in several lifetimes before). In order to best help us our guides need to know all about us, so they tend to know much more about us and our history than we do!

You can make whatever requests you like of your guides, and so long as it is appropriate for your life path, they will be happy to acquiesce. So if you would like one to be around more then of course you can simply ask.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Experiencer
Hi Tammy,

There's nothing wrong with curiosity!

Yes, it is true that different guides will have different kinds of roles for us. We usually have at least one who is with us for all of our lifetime (usually one who has been with us in other lifetimes before and who knows us very very well). But others will come and go. Some guides might come to us during a particular period in our lives when we are dealing with a challenge which is a speciality of theirs, and move on when we have successfully passed it. This period could be one which lasts for years, months, weeks, or even just days. There isn't a specific "system" for this. If your spirit team decide you need more help with something they will bring in more help for as long as you need it, and that's really all there is to it. Sometimes other spirits, like loved ones or family members, might come along to visit and offer their emotional support too.

Yes, we do choose the guides who will stay with us throughout our lives and perhaps some of the others who will be most influential, though as I said above, our guides might decide to bring in others at certain points to help us. They can certainly tell you all about previous lifetimes you have had and their relationship to you (one of my guides has been my partner in several lifetimes before). In order to best help us our guides need to know all about us, so they tend to know much more about us and our history than we do!

You can make whatever requests you like of your guides, and so long as it is appropriate for your life path, they will be happy to acquiesce. So if you would like one to be around more then of course you can simply ask. Mind you, I do think our spirit team have a clearer view than we do of who we most need and when!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Master
Tammy... As I see it the choice of who are guides are is mutual. If you'll just start communicating with them directly you'll see what they say about those who are with you for your lifetime and those who are here for this particular phase of your life.

Xan

Old 03-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Medium_Laura

So true! It is a mutual partnership. We also choose our parents, our siblings and even our partners (I've had 4 marriages.. I must have had a laundry list of things to learn!)

You've already chosen (and they chose you) who are your two life long guides. So consciously now, you already have those and the others that come and go. Don't be sad when they leave and you get a new one. You will see them again! It's like moving grades and teachers, eventually you'll see them sometime, some place :)
Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 AM
justreal

I hope I get to see mine as well soon, Im still working on that connection
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Tammy

Thanks for that! i have only heard my SG once, and even that was fleeting, so i dont want him to go away, when i havent even had the chance to get to know him.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Master
Tammy... Our guides don't go away just because we're not aware of them.

Have you checked out these threads from Laura and me about developing communication with your guides?

Contacting Spirit Guides & Angels - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=99765#post99765

Ten ways to contact your guides - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10609

Xan

Old 04-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Chalk1990

Curiosity is the pinnacle of knowledge and understanding. This sentence popped into my head when I read a few words in your post, my spirit guides at work. I don't even know what pinnacle means but for some reason I just 'knew' it was the proper word.

Thank you spirit guides!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Tammy

Xan, i dont mean that they will go away if i dont acknowledge them, what i meant was, i dont want to just find out about my spiritguide, and find out that he is only a temp one, (not my main one), and that he is only here temporary, i would like to know him better. make sense?