Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-11-2019, 01:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Afterlife personality

From what I have been reading. A person maintains their own personality in the afterlife. What if that person had a mental illness ? A narcissist ?
If the afterlife is all loving ... what happens to a person who does not have the ability to love ?
If they go to heal ... are they still the same personality ? But now with the ability to love ? Which would seem to me ...they would not be the same personality ?
Am i not understanding the healing in the afterlife or the afterlife itself ?
Thank you for helping me get an understanding on this .
Old 05-11-2019, 08:15 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you. I am not sure i truly understand what I just read. I believe i have the jist of it. I think if i read it a couple more times I will understand it better. I appreciate your explanation and the link to read more into it.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:32 AM
hazada guess

What a big picture!lol.
Getting back to the original question,it is my belief that mental illness is to do with the Brain,the receiver if you like.When you transition,you go back to pure consciousness and leave all your illness' behind.mental illness is a problem with the receiver,not consciousness.(that's my thought anyway,I may be wrong but who knows)
Old 05-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Administrator
The ailments that we suffer on the earth plane,are left here when we pass into spirit, as a medium I have given validation to loved ones wanting to know. the same thing.
only for the person to come through giving a clear account of how their mind was whilst they were alive.and how they can see clear now.

Namaste
Old 05-11-2019, 11:51 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
The ailments that we suffer on the earth plane,are left here when we pass into spirit, as a medium I have given validation to loved ones wanting to know. the same thing.
only for the person to come through giving a clear account of how their mind was whilst they were alive.and how they can see clear now.

Namaste

That is my only concern that Native Spirit helped me to clarify,that our oneness lives on.Once again,thankyou native Spirit.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Ok so say a narcissist as a person on the earth plane. Has no ability to truly love, empathy etc. Once they pass into spirit, will then have the ability to love etc.
Im wondering then who do they love? Do they love anyone who was involved with them while they were alive? Do they love the people who loved them while they were alive? Or only the spirit family etc?
Will they greet the people who loved them when they pass into spirit?
Old 05-11-2019, 12:34 PM
hazada guess

I don't have any certainty as what really happens in the afterlife but what i understand is that they are now their true self after transitioning and that they will be able to love and will greet the people who loved them as their true self.Remember,all is love.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changenme
From what I have been reading. A person maintains their own personality in the afterlife. What if that person had a mental illness ? A narcissist ?
If the afterlife is all loving ... what happens to a person who does not have the ability to love ?
If they go to heal ... are they still the same personality ? But now with the ability to love ? Which would seem to me ...they would not be the same personality ?
Am i not understanding the healing in the afterlife or the afterlife itself ?
Thank you for helping me get an understanding on this .

Here is my understanding from my own reading.

Yes, a person retains their personality after the death of the physical body, for a while at least. They still have their emotional body and mental body with their own patterns, although eventually these too will dissolve.

If a person has a mental illness while physically alive then this may be due to the physical brain malfunctioning or it may be an imbalance in the mental body. Either way, there are supposedly places of healing on the astral plane where such a person may rest while they recover and balance is restored.

We don't all go to the same place on the astral plane after death. So a narcissist, who is essentially self-centred, may find themself in a lonely place until they have had enough of their own company and they are ready to engage with others.

The immediate afterlife is not necessarily all loving - the astral environment we find ourselves in will reflect our own nature. Everyone has the ability to love deep within, but for some that ability is deeply covered, usually because of some trauma in the physical life. Our learning continues after "death", so the person who lacks the ability to love while incarnate may eventually discover their own loving nature.

Personality is always changing, so it would be no surprise if someone undergoes healing after death and becomes a changed person. But personality is limited and temporary, and eventually is discarded, allowing us to rest in Consciousness having absorbed the lessons of the last incarnation while preparing for our next birth.

Peace
Old 06-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Master
Personality is not really a thing in and of itself. It's a product of genetics and the environment. It's a collection of verbs that we have grown attached to over time, so strongly that there appears to be an entity called the personality.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Personality is not really a thing in and of itself. It's a product of genetics and the environment. It's a collection of verbs that we have grown attached to over time, so strongly that there appears to be an entity called the personality.

There could be other factors involved in personality beyond genetics and the environment. These factors include:
  1. Tendencies carried over from previous incarnations.
  2. The influences of the planets in our birth chart.
  3. The energy of the rays which govern our mental, emotional and physical vehicles.
But yes, there comes a stage where we realise that personality is not an identity. Personality is a set of habitual patterns through which consciousness expresses itself.

Peace.