Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-11-2019, 10:25 AM
Master

Meditation and praying

Last night I had a terrible headache among other things, so I entered in a meditative state, and while being there, I prayed for relief so I can sleep, few moments later, suddenly I woke up, somehow I fell asleep ( my guess is that I was "gone" for just a couple of seconds, my family was talking prior to this and they were were continuing the same conversation after I woke up ), guess what? The headache disappeared completely, it felt like the pain was taken away from my head.

This never happened before, every time I had a headache and I tried to meditate, the very best I could do was to simply ameliorate the pain, I was never able to make it disappear completely.

I don't think this is only my own doing, I think this happened because I also prayed in that meditative state, I asked the Creator for help, so I am very grateful and thankful.

After this experience, my mind was too awake and I could not sleep anymore, so I did the very same thing, I entered in a meditative state and I prayed again, few minutes later I was already sleeping, and I had a very good sleep.

So you may try this too.While you are there, in a meditate sleep, pray!

I only meditated for a couple of minutes, less than 10, my mind was pretty peaceful, except that I had that headache.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:43 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Prayer can be very powerful. In fact it is a form of contemplative practice. Same with chanting. From my youth when I was a practicing Roman Catholic reciting the Rosary comes to mind as well as doing penance after confession, and there was a lot of that. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC6OKIYXBxQ

Contemplative practices have a long history in Christianity.

https://youtu.be/1Co7rJOP3**
Old 02-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Master
Pure prayer and meditation come down to the exact same thing: quieting the mind and aligning.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Master
That's great you've found a solution TM.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Master

I hope I can learn more about healing so I can also heal other people, it's one of my dearest desire.... There are so many people in this world who need healing and there's nobody to help them and even they are not aware that they have the power to heal themselves, of course, with the help of the Creator.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:04 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I hope I can learn more about healing so I can also heal other people, it's one of my dearest desire.... There are so many people in this world who need healing and there's nobody to help them and even they are not aware that they have the power to heal themselves, of course, with the help of the Creator.

That's a worthy and commendable goal, however it seems it's a rather lofty one and could end up being self-sabotaging if you can't live up to it. It's probably best to stay within one's self and one's abilities and whatever comes will come, if it's meant to be.

To put it into perspective their are gurus and mystics in India who have devoted their entire lives and every aspect thereof to spiritual goals, yet suffering is still rampant in the world and I don't see it ending anytime soon.

It's probably a good idea to make yourself the best you can and in line with your ideals and beliefs. At the very least that will have a positive impact on those closest to you. Ripples in the pond.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:04 PM
Angel1

Quote:
That's a worthy and commendable goal, however it seems it's a rather lofty one
and could end up being self-sabotaging if you can't live up to it.

It's probably best to stay within one's self and one's abilities and whatever comes will come, if it's meant to be.
This is a common statement - so I'm not directing it to anyone ...it is just SO common.

So, what I would like to offer is a different perspective, a different experience ...that will
entirely only fall on the ears of someone that is ready to hear it.
Otherwise, when we're not quite ready, we go, "Um, I dunno about that."
And that's normal!

Yes, set your hopes realistically...yet set them high.
I have... and all has come about...whether it was a goal of not having a mortgage ---so
someone gave me $100,000 with no strings ..or
going for a healing with a severe issue from an injury lasting yrs --and getting 100% healed to this day
from July 2009 at a Charismatic Church.**

Set them realistically ---with the knowledge Nothing is impossible to God, with God.
Do you really want $900 million? Or do you want to be very comfortable with NO financial issues? See?
That would be me now.

**And these are not the biggest, nor most amazing things to come about.
And I am now a healer by the Grace of the Holy Spirit.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2019, 09:11 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This is a common statement - so I'm not directing it to anyone ...it is just SO common.

So, what I would like to offer is a different perspective, a different experience ...that will
entirely only fall on the ears of someone that is ready to hear it.
Otherwise, when we're not quite ready, we go, "Um, I dunno about that."
And that's normal!

Yes, set your hopes realistically...yet set them high.
I have... and all has come about...whether it was a goal of not having a mortgage ---so
someone gave me $100,000 with no strings ..or
going for a healing with a severe issue from an injury lasting yrs --and getting 100% healed to this day
from July 2009 at a Charismatic Church.**

Set them realistically ---with the knowledge Nothing is impossible to God, with God.
Do you really want $900 million? Or do you want to be very comfortable with NO financial issues? See?
That would be me now.

**And these are not the biggest, nor most amazing things to come about.
And I am now a healer by the Grace of the Holy Spirit.

Different perspectives are not only okay, but desirable. What a boring world it would be if we all thought alike and shared the same lived experience!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Thumbs up

Praying.... I'm just gonna say for me.
I have a close personal relationship with God...not because of me...
but because of Him...I must have done some thing good in a past life!!!
Or something!!

So, I call it 'talking to God', my Father - Who adores me (and all of us)
and is 'right here'... oh my gosh...how many many times
have I been healed in minutes from the most ridiculously impossible headaches, sun stroke,
and a hip ligament injury not to be believed -OH MY!

Calm, centered stillness and talking directly to God within.
What yogis do....what gurus do...is right there for all of us.

Realize it with, no limits set upon you. Yay!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Just a Simple Guy ---just noticed you were from way upstate ---what town?
Brrrr....Ya know, Champlain ...Western Hills ..Central..the High Peaks?
Friend in Massena - (Holy Cow the Northern Country) ---another in Lake Placid!
I was from Central NY.