Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-11-2019, 10:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Dream recall

Since increasing my mindful awareness style meditations (I do not know all the proper terms for different meditations yet) my dream recall has had a substantial increase and the kinds of dreams I am having has changed.

I'm receiving empathetic insights into people in my life through my dreams and even as I am dreaming, my inner guidance is telling me to take notice of specific symbols as I dream.

It is something I wasn't intending or expecting through meditation practice but it is as though the filter to my own mind has been lifted when I am dreaming and I am able to access insights through dreams I wasn't able to before.

These dreams have been very useful in my practical life and they seem to be helping me connect with others where they are at on their own journey.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:41 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
Since increasing my mindful awareness style meditations (I do not know all the proper terms for different meditations yet) my dream recall has had a substantial increase and the kinds of dreams I am having has changed.

I'm receiving empathetic insights into people in my life through my dreams and even as I am dreaming, my inner guidance is telling me to take notice of specific symbols as I dream.

It is something I wasn't intending or expecting through meditation practice but it is as though the filter to my own mind has been lifted when I am dreaming and I am able to access insights through dreams I wasn't able to before.

These dreams have been very useful in my practical life and they seem to be helping me connect with others where they are at on their own journey.

Some years back I worked on Lucid Dreaming. Awareness is very helpful for gaining lucidity within a dream and meditation is recommended. I suppose it could help dream recall but I don't know for sure. Sounds like it has for you so I'd say that's a yes!

For me what really helped dream recall was intent and keeping a dream journal. In the course of about six months I went from recalling a few dreams a week to averaging between four & five a night including an epic dream every so often.

As far a lucid dreams I had some, but not as many as I would have thought based on the huge effort I put in. In the end I gave it up because it was interrupting my sleep cycle far too much.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:48 PM
Deactivated Account
I can't lucid dream at all... Not that I have tried too much.
I make enough decisions when I'm awake so it's nice to be a passive observer in my sleep hahaha.

From what I have heard, lucid dreaming seems to come quite naturally from some people with just a little intent and awareness.

That reminds me... I really ought be keeping a physical journal for this journey
Thanks!!!
Old 10-11-2019, 10:50 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I can't lucid dream at all... Not that I have tried too much.
I make enough decisions when I'm awake so it's nice to be a passive observer in my sleep hahaha.

That reminds me... I really ought be keeping a physical journal for this journey
Thanks!!!

Some (few?) people are natural lucid dreamers. I'm far from a natural. LOL!

Even the few I had I got so excited I lost lucidity rather quickly. I think the longest was maybe a couple of minutes, but it was cool! Just waaaaay to much effort for the return, and I do like my sleep. Heheh.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Some (few?) people are natural lucid dreamers. I'm far from a natural. LOL!

Even the few I had I got so excited I lost lucidity rather quickly. I think the longest was maybe a couple of minutes, but it was cool! Just waaaaay to much effort for the return, and I do like my sleep. Heheh.

Lol... So. Much effort better spent on sleeping haha... I agree

My hubby and daughter seem to be able to lucid dream with intent...
My daughter was only able to dream in black and white for a long time until she trained herself to dream in colour.
Now she says that she only dreams in black and white when she is dreaming about a memory. She chooses the themes of her dreams before falling asleep.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:22 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Lol... So. Much effort better spent on sleeping haha... I agree

My hubby and daughter seem to be able to lucid dream with intent...
My daughter was only able to dream in black and white for a long time until she trained herself to dream in colour.
Now she says that she only dreams in black and white when she is dreaming about a memory. She chooses the themes of her dreams before falling asleep.

Sounds like they're naturals.

The thing that kicked my butt was working on dream recall via a dream journal. I'd go to bed and silently repeat a mantra as I fell off: "I will awake after each dream and recall it in detail". Then I would wake up (setting an intention is quite effective!) and record the highlights in the journal and fill in the details in the morning.

Some nights I only recalled 1 or 2 dreams, other nights 6, 7 or 8 dreams. In the latter cases I lost a lot of sleep those nights!