Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 06-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Master
Fish The Ocean

I regret I don't have much to start this thread with, just a whim to begin it as another post inspired the spurring of discussion of the topic.

Someone was talking about how the Moon has been explored better than the deepest parts of the ocean and that it's harder to get to the ocean.. I won't share my sentiment about the Moon here but whether or not that's true, clearly we are strangers to much of the amazing ocean. So why not talk about it?

what a marvelous, beautiful and scary place.. the only thing I can really relate the depths of it to is my Astrological Moon sign of Scorpio which I know everyone is not into Astrology and don't worry that is not with this thread is about.. something just made me conjure up comparison between the two.

Anyways, there are so many wonders and mysteries and outlandish phenomena involved with the ocean.. and it comprises a lot of the planet we live on. I've heard it said that water is not on this land but this land is on the water. This being a spiritual forum I imagine there will be lots of interesting and exciting ideas floating around and gravitated toward this thread.

Now this is not necessarily the angle I wanted to take with this thread, but seemingly impossible creatures is a common theme with the ocean, so I will share about a crazy critter I learned about the other day. It is called the mantis shrimp, and I discovered its existence upon researching about photoreceptors, where humans have three, most herbivores and other creatures have two or less, butterflies have four, and well this mantis shrimp guy, he's got 12.. (or 16 according to some sources, but as might be expected, information about this guy might need to be fact-checked across numerous resources)

He looks like it two with a colorful yet creepy body and eyes lol. the most ridiculous stuff is what he is capable of though. He has some attack methods where his claws can even break glass, and he can make sonic booms or something and create light sparks with his movements.. I can't really repeat what I read better or do justice resummarizing it myself so I will share a link about this weirdo lol.. but don't tell him I said that cuz I am scurred of him lol

again this link might not have 100% accurate information but it has at least some of the truth and wow

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp

Ok I hope that starts this thread off ok but I also hope this thread doesn't just become about psychotic creatures of the ocean lol as that was not my intention. to perhaps change the tone at least slightly, I will share a short poem I just wrote in a rhyming game thread I created in the Lounge. again not perfectly fitting my intended purpose of the thread but I'll let you all take the thread where you want individually and collectively and that should be good

the sea swallowed the sky
the sky covered the sea
neither asked the other why
they both just let it be
and that's what we call harmony
how they both summon tranquility