Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Tat2MePink

Angry Can't get by it

I'm so absolutely frustrated with attempting AP or get an OBE. When I meditate, I go into relaxation so very easily, within seconds.. About 15 to 20 minutes after I start meditating I feel the vibrations and I feel like I'm traveling down the tunnel, but nothing happens after that. The feelings go away and I start to wake up again. I'm not able to see any pictures or even any colors. Do you have any suggestions on how I could go further? I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I've been trying for years. I've watched countless videos and listened to many guided meditations and nothing helps me. Hoping I can get some answers.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Master

When you are feeling like you are travelling through a tunnel imagine you are travelling through a tunnel. You should be going through a tunnel so be prepared. Do not think of your body or anything physical as that will send you back into your body.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2MePink
I'm not able to see any pictures or even any colors.
It's possible you are exiting. Without a third party witness (someone who can see where you are), it's hard to know for sure.

Things to consider:
1) It takes energy to be able to perceive. While in your body, it naturally supplies that energy. Learning to raise energy (look you 'NEW' and Astral Dynamics to get started) will allow you to supply the necessary energy for remote perception.

2) Classic Astral Travel has a difficulty upon return regarding integration of memory. Your duplicate (astral body) collects its own experiences and memories. When it returns those memories can easily be lost during reintegration. Astral Dynamics also is a good resource to learn about this.

3) Try a different mode of OBE. Maybe Astral Travel is just not for you. The most accessible and well documented of dozens of alternative is Phasing developed and document by Robert Monroe.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Master

You are very close to ap. Keep trying and you will get there.
Old 20-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Lorelyen

There are quite a few threads on here dealing with this problem with advice from those who've experienced it.

A few things to know are
a) you have to be in that hypnagogic state (i.e. on the verge of sleep);
b) you have to be bodily aware (your astral body) as you are in a dream;
c) if you are having exit problems, don't attempt to move more than a few inches from your body at first;
d) don't try too hard. Psychic/psychological tension will hold you back
e) it's an idea to have somewhere astral to go once you feel ready to travel;
f) use any and every suggestion about exits that you can find until one works for you.

When I first started I found that (on that verge or sleep) I'd imagine myself about to step into a scene recalled from a dream. I was aware of my "dream hands" moving, about to touch something or whatever. It's awkward - you need to be aware of your body on the astral while shutting out your physical body.