Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 13-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
I don't think its just animals that can give us messages. Why would it be? Animals, like people, are just physicals manifestations of spirit, the same energy that everything alive is full of, and the same energy that permeates everything.

This is where I think some might think I'm crazy, but what I'm about to say is true.

I took on a piece of land a few years ago. A disused corner of a farm which I bought cheap because the farmer couldn't use his massive machines on it because of the shape of it.

At first, I had ideas about what to do with it that were based purely on theory. Yet no matter what I did, my efforts would promptly fail, and within a couple of weeks, sometimes less, the land would be back to its wild, neglected state. Then one day I went up on my own as none of my friends were available to lend a hand that day. I had a specific job in mind as I went there, but when I got there, I just felt I should do nothing but walk around the place. With the solitude, the clarity of mind that comes from not having other people talking and working next to you, I was feeling stuff. I felt like I was being judged. Very specifically, I felt like something was trying to decide if I was an acceptable care taker for the piece of land. After some time, I also started to get feelings, almost but not quite ideas, about what jobs to do. It was stuff that standard horticultural theory didn't really support. At one point the weirdest thing happened. Not quite a hallucination, but I saw the land as I wanted it (a wildflower meadow and wildlife haven), but the 'design' was quite different to what I had in mind. It featured flowers, but mostly not the species I'd had in mind, and of those that I had intended anyway, in this vision they were growing in completely different places to where I'd planned to put them. And they were thriving.

It was too much to take in in one go, but I started working with it. I get my helpers to come and lend a hand, but I make a point of going up on my own from time to time so I can get the next 'instruction'. The thing is its working. The bracken is dwindling, and the wild flowers are coming. Diversity is coming back nicely. Last time I was up there I was blown away by the sight of a huge bird of prey on there. I'm not knowledgeable in ornothology but I think it was a buzzard or a red kite.

I'm not trying to set myself up as some sort of legendary prophet or anything. I don't get words or anything, there is no feeling of a god or anything, it is just sort of essence of ideas, and it comes direct from the land.

That sounds like a magnificent piece of land, mind you! And you're very lucky to claim such a piece . Though I don't think it was the animals that are communicating you in this situation, it sounds more like they are faeries/fairies that were there. The reason why I say this is because fairies are the guardians of plant life and flowers. When they come in contact with a human, that human must prove weather they are worthy or not, so they would give you a task that will come in a feeling or thought to do something for your environment as in cleaning up trash or something around that area. If you pass this test, they will surely help you with any plant problem or pest problem if you pick up a piece of trash here or there. There is a lot more to fairies than to what I say and I may even be wrong that your encounter was fairy related. Maybe give them a quick search, you might be interested :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
but I can never tell if they are crows or ravens.

A raven? Oooh I love those magnificent birds! I have always took a bit of interest in them. But you can tell whether it is crow or raven by the sound they make. If you arn't sure what either one sounds like, I suggest you take a quick look at this video here, it tells you the difference of ravens and crows.

CLICKY
Old 13-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Experiencer
Badger,

Beautifully said. I guess it's just the fact that I have never experienced receiving messages from birds or animals and such. I'm not sure how to take it in or what to get from it. Like I said, it sounded like the bird today was saying 86 but upon researching the number I got nothing informative. How do you listen to nature and take the right coarse when you feel there are road blocks in understanding from the beginning?
Old 13-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Crazy sounding question I know but I have always felt like birds were telling me something. When they whistle their melodies often sounds like certain words to me. For example today while I was working in the garden a bird chirped over and over again in the same melodies and it sounded like it was saying 86. I looked up what the number 86 could mean and of course it showed the obvious meaning like to ignore or end something but I'm not sure if there could be more to that number then just a slang way of talking. Another type of bird always sounds like it's saying my name but i'm sure it's just because it whistles the same amount of syllables that my name has. So, what is it that is exactly going on. Are they communicating or are they just whistling away and we humans interpret it in our own minds as something because it's a familiar sound? Do we hear what we want or is there a higher power trying to tell us something?
While I think animals can work as protectors in some way and maybe even communicate with us...was the bird a Great Kiskadee? They're pretty common here and in my country people call them "Bem-te-vi" (that means something like "I just saw you") because his chirps sounds like this in portuguese. Now for someone that speaks english it may sound as 86. That's the usual sound they do.
Some people on african-brazilian religions used to believe they were a sign that someone was going to die, but I don't believe it is true since there's a lot of them and by now all my family wouldn't be here if this was more than a rumor. Other people on african-brazilian religions believe it's a good sign that you will receive a nice visitor.
You may check on Youtube for videos of Great Kiskadee to see if it was one of them you've heard.
Old 13-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Experiencer
Bunny Kay,

I somehow missed your post but thank you for that video! I understand the differences now. They are slight differences but I think it'll really help me to pay more attention!

Anditmakesmewonder,

I have no clue as to what kind of bird it was. It was hiding in the trees so I didn't even see it. Looking at YouTube however it is not the bird I heard. :(
Old 13-06-2014, 12:46 PM
elisi

emerald

may i suggest the book 'animal speaks' by ted andrews?

perhaps animals can directly speak to one but each animal had a meaning you can learn from that book.

i was told by my elders that the first animal you see after you get up is a message you should study. even ants. :)

ie a deer is healing, bat is transition and initiation, etc.
Old 13-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Experiencer
Elisi,

Yes, I believe Bunny Kay suggested that book too. I looked into it and i'm definitely going to obtain that book soon!

Do your own pets count because I have 4 cats that I definitely see first thing in the morning. They like to use me as their bed when I'm laying one that is spacious enough for them to lay on by themselves.
Old 13-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Master
I see sparrows all the time. They're so sweet. They pop up whenever I'm doubting a specific situation. They seem to follow me wherever I go lately. I see them as a direct connection to Spirit. It's a beautiful thing
Old 13-06-2014, 04:22 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
I see sparrows all the time. They're so sweet. They pop up whenever I'm doubting a specific situation. They seem to follow me wherever I go lately. I see them as a direct connection to Spirit. It's a beautiful thing

sparrow connects with your heart and throat chakras. sing forth your life!
Old 13-06-2014, 04:25 PM
elisi

Quote:
Elisi,

Yes, I believe Bunny Kay suggested that book too. I looked into it and i'm definitely going to obtain that book soon!

Do your own pets count because I have 4 cats that I definitely see first thing in the morning. They like to use me as their bed when I'm laying one that is spacious enough for them to lay on by themselves.

they could-but for me, and i have a cat too-it's usually when something slightly different happens.

we have tons of doves, tons of finches, etc. but if a dove flew right up on my porch railing-i'd see that as a message. and we have a ton of those big, scaley honking lizards but as i was sitting on the porch, one came up and plopped down right next to my foot.

if it seems like they're trying to get your attention, they probably are. if that helps....
Old 13-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Experiencer
Awakened Queen,

Aw, I love that! I tend to over think it when I see my spirit animal and completely miss what they are trying to tell me.

Elisi,

That does help a bit. They don't normally seem to try to tell me anything as they just laze around. I might be missing it if they are trying to convey something since I'm so use to them. I should pay closer attention. The fact that you mentioned lizard reminds me that I saw one randomly the same day I was hearing the birds. It was missing a tail so would that mean anything?