Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 25-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Does this mean I'll be a tree-hugger for real? ;p

Sure enough. Don't forget to leave an offereing of tobacco or a copper coin.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Moon Willow

Wow Sangress, that's a great experience you've had.

To me, the fact that this encounter made your "heart lift" makes me feel like it does have something to do with the fae (as well as your special moment with the tree).

I was reading somewhere the other day too, that you can 'adopt a tree' which just means that if you find a particular tree that you have a bond with you can contact it where ever you are by just sitting quietly and thinking of your tree. So days that you can't get out or the weather is bad you can still say hello and feel that beautiful energy.

Happy tree whispering
Old 25-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Gracey

Quote:
I've never been one for fae and elemental's. I was under the impression that such beings were always some sort of urban humanistic legend/fable or simply that the world had changed too much to facilitate any spiritual/unusual beings who are connected to nature.

I'm not entirely sure of the experience I had a couple of days ago, but it has been on my mind so perhaps all of you can help me figure it out.

As always, I was walking in the same park I wander through to clear my mind and, seeing my "favorite" tree (and being slightly less than sane) I greeted it by putting my palm on the trunk and flashing what little energy I had within and around it.

I do this often, it was no different to any day, but this time something odd happened.

Instead of just feeling the low thrum of energy that is its awareness flashing back at me, I swore I felt the tree shift under my hand, not much at first, but then it felt like it was shivering under my touch.

I didn't react to it, I felt no danger.

Then I noticed a feeling on my palm, it took me a while after to figure out what it felt like, but it was like someone tracing a finger tip on my palm, or tapping it.

After that I looked up to find the branches in the tree swaying in the wind, it made me smile for some reason...made my heart lift. It was a happy kind of movement.

Then I realized that all of the grass, the plants around it and the tree directly beside this one (which had its branches touching this tree,) were still. Nothing else except the tree was being touched by the wind, I couldn't even feel the wind.

At that point I got a little confused and broke contact. The movement of the tree stopped, the tapping and "drawing" on my palm stopped and I swore I heard a sound from the direction of the tree.

I think it could have been a bark of laughter, but it was muffled or far away. Unclear would be a better word for it.

Then, suspecting (even though I knew that was not the case,) that perhaps the tree "disliked" the exchange I had made with it, I kept walking.

It's taken a lot of thought, but would it be ridiculous to entertain the thought that something, or someone, was inside the tree at the time?

Was there even any wind in the first place? Was the tree moving of it's own accord?

What do you think of this experience?

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 25-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Summerland

Tree energy is so different than our own, Sangress. The tree would not have laughed at you, particularly since it was communicating with you. You pobably FELT SILLY, so misinterpretated the laughter. It was likely a chuckle as in , "Oh, so she finally gets it! Bloody well time~~~~"
Old 25-11-2010, 04:09 AM
Sangress

Or it was a "And the human freaks out....HAH!"

Guess I wont know till I ask.

Oh, also, got a flash of an image from a tree in my yard, (well, more of a thought and a feeling and a taste and an image) it all pointed to something man-made and unnatural interfering with the tree, and for a very long time too because (i think) it must take a while for trees to notice something "wrong" that isn't directly related to their natural way of existing.

Sure enough, when I looked it over more closely, it has a metal stake shoved through it that it's almost grown over, which I can't quite reach.

It want's the metal out because it's being poisoned by whatever the metal its made of.

Could it be copper? It's the only thing that comes to mind because I know that steel or silver has a different energetic feel to it.

I know there are a lot more peices of metal further up inside the trunk (not sure how I know) and I'm not sure whether I can get them out without doing more damage than good. *Sad face*

I mean, I'm not a tree doctor...so I guess I shouldn't feel so weirdly responsible for it all....O_o

Last edited by Sangress : 25-11-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 25-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Mouse

What a lovely experience to read, thank you for posting this... I have also felt or sensed the energy of trees... tree spirits/elementals, who knows? I think these are all just words for the energy but I feel you are fortunate to feel it.
Old 25-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I love these stories, I don't know if this is really true but in the fairy bible I was reading last night it said that fairies or people of that realm don't like it when we share about our experiences with them and that if we do then they don't encounter us anymore.
Has anyone heard of this?
Spiritlite.

I have read the same in the Faery Bible too . I think that they don't mind if we share our experiences with them to those who would take the matter seriously and who do respect them, but they dont' like us making "light" of the subject with general friends-- especially when most of our friends and family probably don't believe in them , much less respect them to begin with. I'ts like the Bible verse that refers to not "throwing pearls to swine who would trample on them and not appreciate them".
Old 25-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Or it was a "And the human freaks out....HAH!"

Guess I wont know till I ask.

Oh, also, got a flash of an image from a tree in my yard, (well, more of a thought and a feeling and a taste and an image) it all pointed to something man-made and unnatural interfering with the tree, and for a very long time too because (i think) it must take a while for trees to notice something "wrong" that isn't directly related to their natural way of existing.

Sure enough, when I looked it over more closely, it has a metal stake shoved through it that it's almost grown over, which I can't quite reach.

It want's the metal out because it's being poisoned by whatever the metal its made of.

Could it be copper? It's the only thing that comes to mind because I know that steel or silver has a different energetic feel to it.

I know there are a lot more peices of metal further up inside the trunk (not sure how I know) and I'm not sure whether I can get them out without doing more damage than good. *Sad face*

I mean, I'm not a tree doctor...so I guess I shouldn't feel so weirdly responsible for it all....O_o

Sangress, you could contact someone who knows about trees -- they may be able to remove the stake without harming the tree. Actually, the tree would be better off without it even if it has to be roughly yanked out somehow.

I dont think that was a cooincidence. The tree was trying to communicate this with you so in a way, you do have a responsiblity because it was given to you to connect to receive this message -- and plants and trees do often communicate with us through mental images and feelings, so it doesnt surprise me.

Regarding your experience with touching that tree- I've also experienced being hugged right back from the pine tree in our backyard after I hugged it first over a year ago. I wanted to thank it for being there all of my childhood and gracing our yard-- and I hugged it sincerely. I felt a strong rush of compassion and love right back at me when I was hugging it.
It was such a beuautiful experience.

All living things have a consciousness and they feel our energy--wether negative, positive or apathetic. If I were you, I'd darned make sure I found someone who could remove the metal stake from that tree- even if I had to pay someone to do it without harming the tree way.
Old 25-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Sangress

I've found that about 5 of my trees in my yard all have the same metal shoved in them.

I've been doing research and apparently copper is used to kill young trees, but it often doesn't work and continues to poison older trees until they eventually die early. (Well, an early death in tree terms.)

A lot of sites say its impossible to remove if the tree has grown over it without killing it outright and cutting the tree down is a no-no because of the metal, which is a health hazard...not that I would ever cut down a tree.

I'm going to keep looking around for information and ask the trees themselves whether they know a way to remove the copper.

I'm afraid I can't afford to fork out money to a professional, so it'd have to be charity work if someone was able to help.

Later on today I plan to visit "the tree" at sunset, when it's calmer than during the say. My energy is always amped up at night and easier to control and manage. I think it may be because my circadian rhythms are naturally switched, so I'm technically nocturnal....if I don't have to drag myself to school. lol.

Anyhow, three days after that I will have a chance to find the Ghost Gum.

I'll keep you all in the loop about any tree related events in the future.

Feel free to share your own experiences too, I like stories. :)
Old 27-11-2010, 01:57 AM
KerryK

Tree experience

I very much enjoyed your experience and think that you have more been given a gift, even though the tree spirit may well have been 'toying' with you, it was playful and in no way malicious I would think.

I am much the same as you in that I connect with certain trees, quite deeply and tend to be a 'tree-hugger'. I will touch trees as often as possible and enjoy the rainforest old growth ones best. I'll try to send in energy as well as feel the energy inside of them. Almost a distant humming, very faint but it's there.

Kerry

Quote:
I haven't had time to go back to "the tree" but I've been experamenting with communication between the trees in my yard.

Sadly they feel like that are asleep or dormant.

I mean, I feel their energy, but it's deep and dull and far away as though its far beneath the trees rather than inside them.

Their energy is unresponsive unless I irritaite them by borrowing some of their energy, but I find that their responses aren't coherent, only instinctual.

I think I'm only drawn to trees that are "awake" or have a resident living inside them.

Now that I think about it I've had other experiences like this one with the tree, but not so direct.

Like the time I felt something was wrong and followed that feeling to a large hill where an old tree was being cut down because it was uprooting a highway barrier. I was devestated by watching that for some reason and I'd never felt such sorrow for (or from) a tree before.

It felt like it was the heart of the forest in that area, and someone was destroying it for no reason. Such a waste.

There is a ghost gum eucalyptus tree that I remember being drawn to in the same way (well, a much stronger way)as I did with "the tree" a few months back. It's in a large area of forest wedged in the middle of suburbia (the same area of forest as the tree that was cut down.)

I think I can find it again by spreading my awareness through the root system of the trees in the area.

Maybe that trees taken up the mantle of "the heart of the forest" or maybe its just a nice tree or it's housing spirits.

I'll let you all know how it goes and what I find out.