Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Soul Searching,

What a nice visit from the Sparrow Hawk . I have also had something similar happen, it was while I was taking a walk. I noticed this robin walking right with me, just chatting along. When I crossed a street, he would fly away, but then joined me again, walking right beside me.

Sounds like an interesting book , " Stairways to Heaven ". hmmm angels for everything ? for chocolate too ? would that be dessert angels ? lol !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM
cheeky_monkey

I've had quite a few signs from our feathered friends. One night in 2006 I was laying in bed wondering about marriage to my now ex boyfriend and a crow flew out of the cupboard. It didn't have a head and I felt as its wings created a breeze and heard as they flapped. As it got to the door where light was shining through from the hallway, it disappeared. The crow must have materialised silently in the cupboard. The only things in the cupboard were some christian pictures of Mary and Jesus.

Another time, I was on this forum, it was some years ago now, perhaps 2007/2008, and a few members were going out of their way to make me feel bad so I having had enough of that on top of other stuff, reached for the pills and sat there weighing the pros and cons of taking them. Within minutes I could hear feathers/wings flapping coming from a wall cavity which is covered. I stopped thinking about how these members had hurt me and began focusing on the bird who needed help trapped in our wall. I called the RSPCA and asked for an officer to come out. They said that they would send one out as soon as possible. As soon as I had put the phone down the flapping of wings stopped. I tried knocking the wall to arouse a reaction but it was silent. I felt like I was going mad so decided to ring the RSPSA and tell them not to bother coming out, that I had obviously misheard. As soon as I put the phone down the flapping of wings begun again but this time coming from upstairs. So I decided to go and stand on the landing to listen to which room it was coming from. Straight away I heard something in my mum's bedroom (where I heard voice once). There on the left hand side of the window was a bird about the size of a pigeon pecking at the window frantically trying to get out.
Now the questions I pose is how could a bird get from a downstairs wall cavity to my mother's bedroom without me seeing it? And how did the bird get in when there were no windows open wide enough for it to enter the house?

It certainly saved me a trip to casuality and made me feel alot better after a few members here had tried to hurt me with their words. I didn't know what I had said wrong to them but that bird made me feel it was ok and that they had been in the wrong not me.

I've had other experiences, some good, some bad, some just plain . My most recent experience was a few nights ago. I had put our budgie to bed and had a cover half covering her cage. I found myself a bit tearful and sat there crying. I looked over at the cage and there our budgie was looking at me with her head cocked to one side, with a face which said 'I'm there for you'. She does many things which warm my heart, one time I brought the blanket downstairs and layed on the couch while I was suffering anxiety. She came and sat at an area of the lounge she rarely sits just to be closer to me. She sat there for hours, right until I got up to take the blanket upstairs.

So all in all, I couldn't feel more blessed where our feathered friends are concerned. They are like family to me, there when you need them. All sounds a bit crazy huh?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi Soul Searching,

What a nice visit from the Sparrow Hawk . I have also had something similar happen, it was while I was taking a walk. I noticed this robin walking right with me, just chatting along. When I crossed a street, he would fly away, but then joined me again, walking right beside me.

Sounds like an interesting book , " Stairways to Heaven ". hmmm angels for everything ? for chocolate too ? would that be dessert angels ? lol !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Hi Dream Angel !!

Too right !! .... if there are angels for everything, then there has to be an angel for chocolate too .... I mean, it's only logical !! ...........

I liked your Robin story, how he followed you as you walked along, occasionally flying off, but then coming back, walking right beside you. I feel sure this was a sign from your angels, to bring some small joy or comfort to your life .... they knew you would notice ..........

Reading your post, brought back a memory to my wife that we had both totally forgot about. It happened around November-ish 2008. About a couple of months before the head on car crash I was involved in, which really was the catalyst for my now spiritual journey. It's funny how we both forgot, but after the emotional blur that has been the past 2 years or so, it's not surprising.

We had gone out for the day to a country park, about 25 miles away from where we live. It was a beautiful day, bright blue sky, but very cold, and we were walking the footpath which wound around the parks lake.

The leaves in the trees were all reds, golds and browns, and it was one of those glorious days when you just felt exhilarated. There were hundreds of geese on the lake, and everywhere you went squirrels were running around looking for food.

Anyway, as we walked along, we noticed that small birds were following us ..... hopping from tree to bush to tree. They were Blue ****, Great ****, brightly coloured Goldfinches, Chaffinches, Greenfinches ..... I mean they were everywhere.

They didn't seem afraid though, as we could walk right up to them before they moved on. For small birds this is unusual, as they spook easily .... even if they see you a way off, they will usually still bolt.

The path winds around the lake for a mile or so, and they followed us for nearly the whole time, which at the time we thought was wonderful, but very unusual !! They were also very vocal .... singing and chirping as though we were their audience.

Like I said, this event has just re-emerged from our past memories .... but we both now believe that our angels were showing us a big sign, that they were, and are with us .... perhaps because of the impending car crash, and family losses that were about to befall us.

Thanks Dream Angel and cheeky-monkey for your posts which helped to jog our memories .....

Hey cheeky-monkey !!

Don't feel like you are crazy !!
Our "feathered friends" as you put it, are beautiful creatures .... Gods gift to us all. They are everywhere, but for some reason, most people seem not to notice them so much, as they are so preocuppied with the pace of modern life. I am sure they are linked to the angels in some way .... they convey a wonderful sense of freedom and peace.

Keep right on looking for more signs from them .... we do all the time !!

Take care all

God Bless

Last edited by Soul Searching : 05-10-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:14 PM
cheeky_monkey

Thanks Soulsearching. I appreciate your understanding. If I were to tell the average joe in the street my experiences, I would expect they wouldn't believe me. It's so good to be able to come here and share our experiences without ridicule.
Another experience I had involved our finch who was dying. We knew he didn't have long left in the world and decided against taking him to the vets because I feared the vet would put him down and the journey and experience of travelling would be too truamatic for him. It was back in February 2008 and Gordon Smith a famous medium was demonstrating mediumship in our local city that evening and I had been looking forward to it for months, had even checked to see that we could buy tickets at the door which we could.
Anyway the night before I hadn't been able to sleep and had been checking on our little Squeaky (finch) regularly, expecting at some point to find him passed to spirit. At 4:30ish am I decided I would try to get some sleep. That was the last time I checked on him. I layed in bed, eyes glazed, like in zombie mode for what seemed like half an hour. At 5:30am I heard my mum's voice speak above my head saying 'come on alana' in a stern voice. My mum however was asleep in the next room. I knew that that telepathic (?) experience meant Squeaky had passed. I went downstairs and sure enough he was dead. I woke my mum up who had to get up at 6am anyway and she was so sympathetic, nothing like the stern voice I had heard minutes earlier.
I had a special relationship with Squeaky. He would come towards me as I spoke to him and wasn't scared of humans at all. He had such character too for such a little bird and during his life had decided (after his mate died) that he wanted to live with our budgies in their cage. Some of our birds would even eat from my dad's plate at dinner. (we let them fly freely in our house with a cage that they can go in to sleep, eat and drink when they wish)
I agree with you Soulsearching that our feathered friends are connected to angels. Our birds have been a ray of sunshine through dark times. They are so intuitive too. Sometimes I wish I could hug them, but I respect that it's not in their nature.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Master
No problem cheeky-monkey !!

Fear of ridicule can sometimes lead us to suppress what we really think or believe to be true .... like you say the average Joe in the street might well not believe what you believe, but that's his problem, not yours !!

Just be true to yourself and what you believe .... after all thats the one thing this place is all about .... we can all respect each others beliefs, diverse as they are, and still enjoy sharing our experiences with each other.

God Bless
Old 09-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Deactivated Account

Soul Searching on your family losses ~

Lovely how the birds serenaded you and your wife on your walk thru the park. I have another bird story to share with you. I was taking my usual walk, and seemed to notice a robin following me, by the river area where I sit and rest. After my rest, the robin walked with me til I crossed the street, then he flew to the other side... yet I could hear him chirping, as if he had something to tell me.

So I said to him " fly closer, if you have a message for me " and in just minutes, he flew from his distant tree to where I could see him, still on the other side of the street. As he continued chirping, I said to him again, " come closer " and once again, it was as if he actually heard me, as he flew across the street ! It was so cool that he was listening to me and was responding to my requests. He continued chirping and must have had quite a lot to say, unfortunately I don't speak that version of birdspeak, lol ! I need a translator !!

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Master
Hi everyone

I am re-visiting a past posting of mine in this thread, from before the site crashed and lost nearly everything .... I am looking at it from a different angle though, in asking you a question.

In January 2008, while I was driving to work one morning, I was involved in a head on car crash.

The road I was on, was not the one I would use to go to work normally, although I would (and still do) come home every evening that way, as it sees less traffic, and is through more open countryside.

The reason I went this way, was my normal route had road works on it and was closed.

Anyway, suffice it to say that the crash was very violent and life changing ..... the guy in the car coming the other way who hit me (he was on the wrong side of the road) was also on this road because of the closure to the other road. He however was unfamiliar with this new route, and in the direction he came from, he had to come up a slight hill, which then curved away to his left.

This results in the road becoming a blind brow to him. To make it worse, he quickly came upon a stationary lorry ahead of him, which was waiting for me to go past so it could turn across me into a lane.

He then made the split second decision to overtake the lorry, rather than slow down and wait for it to turn. This then put him onto my side of the road just as I reached the lorry myself.

With nowhere to go for both of us, the crash was head on. When I regained my senses, and looked around, despite the pain I was in, I noticed 3 things .... to my right was the lorry (I had not gotten past it, because the crash was directly at the side of it, and my car seemingly had been stopped in its tracks) directly ahead was the car that hit me, looking very mangled at the front, and to my left was the bonnet (hood) of another car which was waiting to turn out of the lane that the lorry was waiting to turn into.

After a while, an ambulance arrived, and as the paramedic was assessing me in the car, I noticed that the lane that this was all happening next to was called ..... Angel Lane.

I now still pass this lane every day coming home from work, and each time, I say thank you to the Angels and to my Guardian Angel for keeping me safe on this day and protecting me from more serious harm.

w11.jpg

This is one sign I will never forget ......

Although I was seriously injured, the paramedics, the doctors at the hospital and my own local doctor were all surprised afterwards that I wasn't injured more severely, given the speed of the impact. I now firmly believe that angels were protecting me that morning ..... maybe this wasn't meant to be my time, and they had the power to intervene and help in some way.

I also sometimes wonder if this was a life test for me, maybe one I had chosen to experience from before I was born into this life., as I believe that we can and have chosen some of the things we experience in this lifetime, in an effort to help our spirts grow and expand. Who knows, the same could be true for the guy that hit me .... maybe it was a life test for him too .... funny where it happened for both of us ....... SYNCHRONICITY.

Anyway, my question is this .... Does anyone else know of anything similar happening, at any place anywhere else with a similar name i.e. anything with Angel or Angels associated with the place name, or a place where there have been angelic sightings, then miraculous things happening .... people helped, rescued or saved from harm.

I truly believe this is what happened to me on this January morning. This was also the catalyst for the spiritual journey I am now on ..... maybe my life needed a jolt in the right direction .....

God Bless

Last edited by Soul Searching : 14-10-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Wow, Soul Searching, I got chills just reading your story ! With the location of the accident, and you being right there by Angel Lane, I would definitely say the Angels were there, and even though you had a very serious injury, you were saved.

At the moment I cannot think of an answer to your question.

I have at one time, felt what I thought to be an angelic presence as I was driving. I can't remember the details, but all I remember is I felt my car being physically moved, like picked up slightly and moved out of the way, of a car that was coming in my direction. Strangest feeling, and I thanked the Angels immediately.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
At the moment I cannot think of an answer to your question.

I have at one time, felt what I thought to be an angelic presence as I was driving. I can't remember the details, but all I remember is I felt my car being physically moved, like picked up slightly and moved out of the way, of a car that was coming in my direction. Strangest feeling, and I thanked the Angels immediately.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Hi Dream Angel

It sounds like you were being protected in some way ..... it's funny but at the time you could easily dismiss things such as this .... "maybe I was imagining it?" ..... but when you think about these things later you know that what you experienced actually happened.

Angels are with us always, and will help you if they can ....
Old 09-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Deactivated Account

I am just happy that you survived your accident and that you are here with us today !

and I do believe Angels are always with us !

Expect Miracles !