Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 16-07-2011, 08:08 PM
StarWanderer

Lightbulb New garden!

I wasn't sure if this fits under the "nature" category but it was the closest thing I could find to put it in. I have been having a lot of troubles lately and decided it would be a good way to relax and would be very therapeutic to work on a garden. I went out this morning to the closest store and bought lots of nice flowers and soil and mulch. I've been working on it since 9:30 est this morning and just finished at 4:04 pm! It was a lot of work but it looks beautiful and I feel much better :) It's amazing what nature and flowers and plants can do for you. Next time I'm going to work on growing them straight from seeds like I used to a few years ago when I was younger, it's just not the right time to do so now, I believe. I hope to get some pictures up soon enough to share with you all! Feel free to share any stories of gardens or describe them as I'd love to hear about them :) or even show some pictures if you care to!
Old 17-07-2011, 02:50 AM
dragon charms

It's a good feeling, to create more beauty with nature isn't it? My gardens are sanctuary for me. I'm an old time gardener and have a deep love for nature myself. I'm happy you did that for yourself :) Would love to see pictures :)
Old 17-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
I love my garden - I have been working on it for about a year. I have turned it from just a patch of lawn to a habitat for animals. I use mainly native plants, alongside herbs and vegetables and some fruit trees. It still has a lot of growing to do, but already we have loads of native birds and insects hanging around. I get so excited when a new species of bird visits!

We are working on building a deck and a pond and some other structural things at the moment, but when its all done I will post some pics.

I, too, am planning on starting some plants from seed this coming spring - I tried a sunflower last season, but the plant I got wasn't quite the towering, giant flower I expected - it was about 6 inches tall, so, umm, I guess I did something wrong!
Old 17-07-2011, 04:58 AM
dragon charms

I look forward to your pics too :) Oh Asrais, some times when things get replanted, they tend to slow down, go into a bit of shock, and then don't have enough growing season left for themselves. It's okay :) I use a fertilizer just for replanted things that helps tremendously. Next time ey? lol
Old 19-07-2011, 05:45 AM
StarWanderer

It really is a beautiful thing to try to help this planet and those that inhabit it by bringing nature back into it. It sickens me when I drive down the road seeing all the forests being torn down that I used to love, seeing fields being built over, etc. It's so nice to just garden and bring life back into the world. Both of your gardens sound lovely :) I think I might start taking pictures now even though my garden is not even close to being finished, that way I have momentos to look back on to see how it all started, heh.
Old 19-07-2011, 09:34 PM
dragon charms

good idea Star. You know I think I have more pictures of my gardens and growing things, than I do my own grand kid. lol
Old 05-09-2011, 04:29 PM
flyingunicorn

my garden needs a lot of work ...unfortunately keep lagging behind because of all the stuff that keeps happening in my life...do realise how great it is to have one though..especially in a place like london...
Old 04-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Experiencer

Talking

Plants and flowers bring harmony in the soul. Be engaged necessarily and we wait from you a photo.