Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Haha yea, agree, aww there there.. (i know they are joyful tears tho so its ok)
So very true...being suddenly bumped down from the Third-Eye or Crown Chakra straight into the Heart Chakra is always very beautiful...and there is only One who can do that for me.

I usually get on with a related anecdote about now, which, in a round about way, has something to do with the unspoken premise of a thread...and I also realise that most of the time I only talk to myself anyway...been doing that since birth...I mean, wouldn't you, if you had an interactive cosmic internet connection at your disposal? then again, the Orions LOVE Heavy Metal...So do some Zetans...and those living in the 263rd parallel...who is to say that the opinions of 'spiritual' human beings are the ONLY ones out there? or that ultimately matter? but I digress.

To ground myself, I have created my own TV channel on Windows Media Player...I am up to my third Terabyte of stuff downloaded from YouTube using ATube Catcher and YTD (You Tube Downloader) which converts flv files into MP4 and WMV...I don't watch the shows in any order..I have over 6,000 of them...I let it run through randomly.

Last night, after spending a week whining about how effed up the world is...I put on my TV channel...and what came on? about 2 hours of the Balinese Kechak Monkey Dance. The story was about how Hanuman the monkey God and his army, built a bridge from India to Sri Lanka (Adam's Bridge) to help Lord Rama rescue his wife, Shinta from the clutches of the evil demon, Rawan...who kidnapped her and took her to Lanka.

Anyway, abut half way through it, I was laughing and crying simultaneously with joy... jumping up and down on my bed and doing all the monkey chants...THIS is what I remember from my childhood...THIS is what makes me happy...NOT thinking about wars in one county or another..or how people think I am stupid for doing what I do...THIS! and for a very brief time, all my chakras were opened and aligned.

Suffice to say that ALL "spiritual people" are not like me...There may not be many of us, but we exist and you would probably like us.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Suffice to say that ALL "spiritual people" are not like me...There may not be many of us, but we exist and you would probably like us.

I always love such kind of people,except when they are angry LOL

You must love the aghoris then,right ? I love them too and I have met one before .
Old 07-10-2018, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I always love such kind of people,except when they are angry LOL

You must love the aghoris then,right ? I love them too and I have met one before .
Alright, I can also swallow my own medicine and pride and say that being a misanthrope is a rather over generalised statement...I just have an extremely small "spiritual niche" in society, because I am an Aghori....not many people like them, but they also get heaps of respect for not giving a damn, and not giving up either.

I only wish I could stay in India for a while...but I can't even keep an appointment with my psychologist, or even make plans to go to a Yoga class without my mother getting gravely ill on the exact same days (without being informed of my plans) and neither my sister in law nor brother, nor any of their friends can afford to take any more time off work to look after her, or else they will lose their jobs...and because I don't have a job, guess who also gets to have no life?

It's not her fault, of course...but it ALWAYS tends to happen on the days I make huge plans...The days I really do not want to miss out on attending...The events that are very special and important and mean a lot to me...and I get a phone call 12-24 hours beforehand..."can you come down tomorrow? we NEED you (they live 200kms away)...we'll pay for your petrol and give you $100...but Mum has taken a turn for the worse and neither of us can take any time off work right now...they have also just put our mortgage rates up...we need these jobs and our boss gonna fire us if we take any more time off..etc etc"... meanwhile, my psychologist goes on about planning and goal setting and doing what you want in life and all I can say is "how the HELL does one do that? they must not have any family or friends that need constant favours and pick on you because you don't have a job and a debt to society like THEY do...So HOW?"

Anyway, that is my mood right now.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Master
I was reading through some of the responses in this thread. The title made me laugh little kid. It takes all kinds to make the world go around. I love diversity it makes life interesting.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Color

Hi Evangeline...seems you have a job ahead of you...and it is an exciting one!
You be the light..where there is darkness...be the light...you be the example
of a smiling, happy 'normal' person!

Sometimes I think in Heaven everyone will be Midwestern or from Minnesota, ha, lol....so friendly,
starting up a conversation with just a complete stranger, ya know? (They might even have a Fargo accent!) Yeah?

You be the first one to smile and be nice... kind...laughing.
Who cares about the other bozos anyway!

Show 'em a thing or two about being loving and lighthearted...they'll be drawn to you like
a magnet and won't dare judge you...they'll be too busy wondering what you have they don't!
Watch.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Alright, I can also swallow my own medicine and pride and say that being a misanthrope is a rather over generalised statement...I just have an extremely small "spiritual niche" in society, because I am an Aghori....not many people like them, but they also get heaps of respect for not giving a damn, and not giving up either.

I only wish I could stay in India for a while...but I can't even keep an appointment with my psychologist, or even make plans to go to a Yoga class without my mother getting gravely ill on the exact same days (without being informed of my plans) and neither my sister in law nor brother, nor any of their friends can afford to take any more time off work to look after her, or else they will lose their jobs...and because I don't have a job, guess who also gets to have no life?

It's not her fault, of course...but it ALWAYS tends to happen on the days I make huge plans...The days I really do not want to miss out on attending...The events that are very special and important and mean a lot to me...and I get a phone call 12-24 hours beforehand..."can you come down tomorrow? we NEED you (they live 200kms away)...we'll pay for your petrol and give you $100...but Mum has taken a turn for the worse and neither of us can take any time off work right now...they have also just put our mortgage rates up...we need these jobs and our boss gonna fire us if we take any more time off..etc etc"... meanwhile, my psychologist goes on about planning and goal setting and doing what you want in life and all I can say is "how the HELL does one do that? they must not have any family or friends that need constant favours and pick on you because you don't have a job and a debt to society like THEY do...So HOW?"

Anyway, that is my mood right now.

I too dream of becoming a renunciant/yogi/monk in the Himalayas and currently,as you know,I am looking for ways to do it.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Knower

We all judge, huh? It is a part of the human experience. I do feel that it causes separation most of the time but it can also be a useful tool in developing ourselves and our experiences. We get to know what we like and what we don't through judgement of things. I suppose it's about recognising when it's causing us pain or coming from fear. I am having a tough time with this within myself lately. I hope we can all find a way to overcome this and lead with love
Old 07-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Evangeline...seems you have a job ahead of you...and it is an exciting one!
You be the light..where there is darkness...be the light...you be the example
of a smiling, happy 'normal' person!

Sometimes I think in Heaven everyone will be Midwestern or from Minnesota, ha, lol....so friendly,
starting up a conversation with just a complete stranger, ya know? (They might even have a Fargo accent!) Yeah?

You be the first one to smile and be nice... kind...laughing.
Who cares about the other bozos anyway!

Show 'em a thing or two about being loving and lighthearted...they'll be drawn to you like
a magnet and won't dare judge you...they'll be too busy wondering what you have they don't!
Watch.

I just saw this after positing. I like how you worded it, I got a nice needed laugh from it, so thank you I really hope we can all let go of fear and be the light, the love.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Master
Hello,

People will define things according to how he/she understands at present, for the most part.

Music does not make one "spiritual" or not. It is how one lives life and treat others, IMO.

Some may not give a toss about any of this, yet may be the most loving and kind people that can be met.

Yes, there may be group mentality and if one does not fit into the criteria set may be seen as an outsider or "ignorant". For me if it applies to what resonates then there may be something to it. If I feel myself bulk a bit towards it, then there is something there as well, but not for me at present.

There are varieties of tastes, practices, and ways of doing. To me, can evaluate it, in a way, weigh out what works and does not. Do my best to not condemn the group for the acts of a few, but be aware of what the agenda/intention may actually be.

People are people and at the base most are doing what one is able and willing to do to get through this life.

Disagreements happens, likes and dislikes are natural. Does not mean we can't atleast make efforts to live with each other.

If it ain't for me, I move on. If it is I take it on. If I find enjoyment in it and others don't, well, so be it. There are plenty of places to let go and head bang or embrace another in a slow dance.
Would say, depends on what makes one tick and personal style.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I too dream of becoming a renunciant/yogi/monk in the
Himalayas and currently,as you know,I am looking for ways to do it.
It's fun. Turn your home into a spa or an ashram in one day!
Unplug most things for a week.

Pretend you are living in that place you wish.
Fast or eat 2 handfuls of org brown rice a day in your special bowl...
place your wool blanket for meditating on..and your off!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru