Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
You are being very judgemental about everybody around you.these are traits coming from yourself,that you are projecting onto everybody else.
not everyone is the same I listen to varies types of music that doesn't make a difference to how I act to anybody else.
I am a spiritualist I am not false or anything else.i think you need to take a good look at your own opinions of different people.before you make judgement.

Namaste

she speaks for many. you may be surprised of how it is in some areas. not speaking of you or people you know. but she is speaking for many that run into such things. of all the tbings i been around i never seen anything like what i have seen in spiritual circles. they are like independent religions with ideas that give these people a feeling of superiority. and they express it in ways you dont see in anthing else.

i have moved on from having anything to do with it. my girlfriend on the other hand whom is in all these circles partly because it a part of her life working as a psychic healer in ways lives a double life. not entirely but for example eating vegetarian to fit in around them to not feel like being seen as inferior. i could go on and on. i will just put it like this. my biggest complaint from girlfriends of the past is how i like and get along with everyone. i can among the spiritual groups but even for me its more than i wish to deal with.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 06-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangeline 77
Last night after a long time I went to a dance meditation group. Basically free-style dance with some instructions.
I don't know what happened but I felt I needed to laugh at the hypocrisy of these so called spiritual people (not the first time)
The dance meditation, the technique she was "teaching" was simply clubbing without alcohol. Dance and techno tracks played with the faciliator on the "mixer" like a DJ.
I understand the debiliating effects of alcohol what I don't understand that a lot of these people think they are better than others.
An average person who goes to "normal" clubs will get an amplified effect because the music is louder, there are more people around you and you'll get their happy energy too, the music will vibrate through your body. "Normal" people look for the connection and the letting go too they just found a different outlet.
(obviously not talking about the extremes!)

Same thing happens when I tell "spiritual" people that I listen heavy metal. 95 out of 100 will judge me immediately, some tells me I have to stop listening low vibrational music that's why I feel bad!!
It doesn't matter that heavy metal is played by actual musicians who are talented and skilled, the lyrics are normally like poems, yes, some of them are about destruction but that's part of life too. Death is part of life.
Also nobody!! at a metal gig will stay unhappy, people are more inclusive than everywhere else, they are more than happy to talk to you and everyone is smiling because they all accept the other person's quirks.

For people who know metal... only metal heads can understand.

Quote:
I used to go to group meditations and retreats but I find it more and more difficult, mainly because majority of the spiritual people are as narrow-minded as everyone else. But the bigger problem is when they think they are superior, "they are on the right path" and you are not.
I got to the point where I think everything you do in your life is good as long as you feel good about, it serves your life purpose and nobody has the right to tell you are doing it wrong. You don't have to do yoga asanas and become a vegan, if you eat meat, you are still a perfect human being. Etc

Sure. I lift heavy weights and listen to heavy rock music...

Quote:
This is only a rant, everybody is free to think whatever they want, I just had to write about my experience last night because I feel like there is hardly anybody left I could talk too. For average people I am too hippy, for spiritual people I am not well developed yet (You'll get there love-so condescending!)

And the other aspect of my post is I just find it funny how my way of thinking is changing, how I am becoming more Me.

Cool, you do you.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Master

Just be you.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Suspended
I like rap music (not all of it) but yea. Even use to make rap music and help others produce there music.

By the way the "spiritual" people your speaking about saying "this is low vibrational and we are more better then you" with the dancing, it sounds like the neo hippy, Namaste, New agey kinda spiritual people.

Like you said about the metal music/poems. Death an destruction are apart of it.. Death an destruction are probably the most important parts for spiritual develpoment, you have to go through that stuff and in its own way yes it is an can be very beautiful. Spirituality does have it's hardcore intense side too.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangeline 77
Last night after a long time I went to a dance meditation group. Basically free-style dance with some instructions.
I don't know what happened but I felt I needed to laugh at the hypocrisy of these so called spiritual people (not the first time)
The dance meditation, the technique she was "teaching" was simply clubbing without alcohol. Dance and techno tracks played with the faciliator on the "mixer" like a DJ.
I understand the debiliating effects of alcohol what I don't understand that a lot of these people think they are better than others.
An average person who goes to "normal" clubs will get an amplified effect because the music is louder, there are more people around you and you'll get their happy energy too, the music will vibrate through your body. "Normal" people look for the connection and the letting go too they just found a different outlet.
(obviously not talking about the extremes!)

Same thing happens when I tell "spiritual" people that I listen heavy metal. 95 out of 100 will judge me immediately, some tells me I have to stop listening low vibrational music that's why I feel bad!!
It doesn't matter that heavy metal is played by actual musicians who are talented and skilled, the lyrics are normally like poems, yes, some of them are about destruction but that's part of life too. Death is part of life.
Also nobody!! at a metal gig will stay unhappy, people are more inclusive than everywhere else, they are more than happy to talk to you and everyone is smiling because they all accept the other person's quirks.

I used to go to group meditations and retreats but I find it more and more difficult, mainly because majority of the spiritual people are as narrow-minded as everyone else. But the bigger problem is when they think they are superior, "they are on the right path" and you are not.
I got to the point where I think everything you do in your life is good as long as you feel good about, it serves your life purpose and nobody has the right to tell you are doing it wrong. You don't have to do yoga asanas and become a vegan, if you eat meat, you are still a perfect human being. Etc

This is only a rant, everybody is free to think whatever they want, I just had to write about my experience last night because I feel like there is hardly anybody left I could talk too. For average people I am too hippy, for spiritual people I am not well developed yet (You'll get there love-so condescending!)

And the other aspect of my post is I just find it funny how my way of thinking is changing, how I am becoming more Me.
I don't really like anybody (I am a misanthrope), and spiritual people always tell me that unless I do, I can't be spiritual...to which I usually say, "if that means I don't end up like you, that's a huge relief...thanks for telling me".

What I am noticing more and more, is that people who have an agenda, will always proselytize to varying degrees and that is just basic, human nature...from totally ignoring you in future if you disagree with them only once, to saying "you just don't have what it takes" to calling you an 'abomination' which usually includes all the fire and brimstone theology attached..and yes, I like Heavy Metal music as well...I also like Classical Music...and Hindu Chanting...lots of things...but what has what I like musically or my ego, got to do with my immortal Soul which has no preference?... however, as things stand with me, I have quantum phase-shifted AGES ago...I could walk into a crowded shopping centre naked and nobody would even notice or care.

So tell me, my dear...If you had the choice to be always noticed but disrespected and nothing you did was ever good enough for anybody else, or totally invisible to mankind, once you say "I really don't care what you think" which would you choose? to be totally alone in the world, getting to do whatever you like, without question...or to have friends, be acknowledged, but never being able to do what you want? ...It is miserable either way, isn't it? but I have learned that life is all about "choosing your poison".

Also, it helps not to tell people anything about yourself if you don't want to be judged and ridiculed for it yourself... meanwhile, you must hang on their every word, nodding and smiling a lot, because other people like to be "listened to" and never "spoken with"...but I have already ascended to the 5th Dimension...and I have big news for everybody...There is no one there!

So, if you can walk around, saying nothing other than "that is very interesting, please tell me more" you will get very far in this world...but meanwhile, you will have thoughts in your own head that you'll never get to tell a soul.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:39 AM
Master
I'm also going to let you in on a little secret....It is very easy to use another's spiritual beliefs against them if they annoy you TOO much...for example, if they keep on criticising you for something or another, you then get to say "the fact that you dislike/disapprove of what I am doing, says more about YOU than it does about ME"... passive-agressive reverse projection works like a charm...every time!

Also, you can always take refuge in Neo Advaita, even though you don't follow it..."There is nobody here TO understand what you are talking about"...that one is a killer as well.

Of course, the option is always there....If you don't like it, LEAVE...and leave those who like such things alone and in peace... because it is obviously NOT for you! and yet, you may spend your whole lifetime looking for something that IS...and never find it...then, you tend to get jealous of people who find their personal salvation in boring, mundane things...and then, you start to wonder if they are REALLY fulfilled, or have just settled for any old thing because they couldn't find anything either and thought to themselves..."this will do...better than nothing"...that is what this whole issue is REALLY about, isn't it?

What happens though, is that people like us become "spiritually dangerous" and those who don't want to face the truth, not even their own truths, have demonised us since the beginning of time...how do you think all of that started?

Meanwhile, there are two ways to go... either nobody else is separate FROM you, or only you exist and nobody else does...and fate seems to have chosen the latter for me...and yes, I am still "spiritual", but I will never fit anybody ELSE'S idea of it, because I am not "anybody else"...and the majority of human beings in existence have an extremely hard time accepting that...and hence, the animosity which exists between us.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator
I do kind of "get" what you mean Evangeline 77.
But give them a break hey? They are learning too, just like you.

I live in a very "spiritual" area and used to work in the centre of it every day. One day I saw someone I know and started to give her a gentle hug and she pushed me away saying her aura had just been cleansed and my contact was contaminating her.
Then there was someone else who avoided my "negative vibrations" when I had only been seriously bereaved by two days, was being very quiet and trying not to let tears roll down my cheeks...
I agree, things can get a little strange sometimes.

But they are on a learning journey in their own way I guess. Just as we are -in ours.

As for heavy metal. It isn't naturally my music. I love classical. But I had the experience once of really HEAVY metal giving me a wonderful boost of vitality and energy when I was very exhausted.
So anyone saying it's "low vibration" well they probably don't know enough about it.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:08 AM
Master
Oh yes, I almost forgot...when I allow myself to get brainwashed by spiritual society, this usually snaps me out of it quick smart..

https://youtu.be/tAGnKpE4NCI
Old 07-10-2018, 02:23 AM
Knower

In my experience, those who are highly advanced are very inclusive and non-judgmental.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
In my experience, those who are highly advanced are very inclusive and non-judgmental.
Yes, each person has their own unique and individual experiences...and for every million or so people who conform to a set "ideal" there will always be one who does not...and people rarely, if ever, come across "the one" and so, when they do, it is like "you are either part of the problem or part of the solution".

Let's look at this whole thing philosophically..I would like that.

I tend to consider myself "advanced/awakened" and yet, I also consider myself to be judgmental and exclusive...many others will not believe I am a "spiritual being"...many others will use words like "delusional" or "being mislead" or "living in a fantasy world" or just plain "insane"...Now, I ask you, does a lie become the truth according to the more people who believe it is, or repeating it enough times to the exclusion of anything else? Also, when does making one judgment call invalidate another, simply because one disagrees with the other person making it?

The biggest oxymoron is "you are being judgmental".

If a person can be an enlightened misanthrope, would another saying "that is impossible" have any bearing on it or change it? or would it be the case, of "in their universe/reality" I am delusional and ignorant, but in "my reality" I am not....whose "reality" is more real then? The one who perceives it ONE way (along with a million others) or another who perceives it their way, but is totally alone in doing so? OR would it ALL be Maya...ALL an illusion and a huge lie regardless?...My bets are on the latter...even though all the egos with vested interests in their own agendas (or collective agendas) all go through the motions regardless.

For example, how can I be "inclusive" if everybody else has a unique and different opinion of how it is they only perceive me to be, if that is not what I perceive myself to be...and I can give many examples contrary to all of the "labels?" until, those who ask for proof, do so perfunctorily and do not accept it when thus provided, because it is not the proof that conforms and confirms their own personal biases and cognitive dissonance and conditioning anyway.

So, why should any of that matter to me? I don't like people...I don't hate people...I feel nothing..but I also realise that "inclusion" is not a prerequisite for ME...It may be so for others, but that is their beliefs, not my own...and hence, the non inclusion.