Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Medium_Laura

10 ways to contact your guides

Thought I would share this with you. :) I wrote it for an online newsletter :)

10 easy ways
to contact your spirit guardians

Angels, guides, totem animals and even ghosts are becoming mainstream in the media. Often I am asked “How do I contact my guides?”

We all have them and they are available to us at all times, but few of us know how to get them to help us. There really is no set way to do this. I will give you a few easy steps so that you too are receiving answers to questions in your life from those that know you best.

Our guides are always uplifting, encouraging and positive. They know us, almost better than we know ourselves. Guides will warn us of dangers, shady situations or people, traffic accidents, job decisions and so much more.

You can call on your guardians for answers to even the simplest questions. “Should I wear the green top or the pink one today?” They don’t mind answering you at all. Their position is to help you so that you can live a more happy and fulfilled life.

What a guide will not do

• Ask you to harm yourself or others.
• They will not direct you against your free will. You always have a choice.
• Guides will not warn you of your own death unless it can be prevented
• They will never give you dark thoughts or cause you any mental pain
• Guides will never be upset with you or angry with you (they don’t have those emotions)

A guide is like a good friend. They are there for you, but will never tell you things that will cause you harm or go against your free thinking. If you decide not to listen to their advice, that’s fine with them. They support you in any decision; even if it doesn’t always match their suggestions.

1. The most important suggestion I can offer is to take time every day to simply sit quietly for about 10 minutes. Quiet the thoughts running through your head about the laundry, the kids, a bill you forgot to pay. Push the thoughts away if they begin to intrude.

2. Once you have practiced the first one for a few days, you are now ready to begin to listen. So many times people believe that our guides will use a male voice if they are male or have a different sound than our own thoughts. While this can happen after years of working with guides, generally, your guide will use your own thoughts voice to communicate. Start by asking your guide basic questions. “Are you male or female?” “What is your name?” “Did we have 1 past life together or more?”

3. Keep practicing the stillness and the questions. It may take some time before you begin to hear the answers. You may think “Oh, I’m just making this all up!” while that can be true, there is one way I have learned to know the difference. When you ask the question, be relaxed. A guide will pop the answer into your head. When you are thinking… you won’t have that. Your brain actually feels differently when you are thinking about making up an answer. Try it now and you’ll see what I mean. Think about a red truck. See how your mind must work to form the image?

4. Do not get frustrated. If the images or words are not coming. Don’t sweat it. Try again another day. Some people will have immediate results and some will not. Don’t beat yourself up if everyone you know has heard from their guides and you haven’t. It could be that you are stressed or trying too hard. Relaxing and just allowing is the key.

5. If you can’t seem to get anywhere with the above, you may also try using auto-writing. This is where you hold a pen to paper, clear your mind again and start asking questions. Sometimes your guide will direct your hand or even lift your hand to write. For me, my guide will again, pop words in my head and I write them. Sort of like spiritual dictation. Allow anything to come through and don’t try to read the messages as you are writing. Just write. Let the pen flow and the words come. You can read it later and see if the answers make sense.

6. Guided meditations are all over the internet, on CDs and printed in books. You tube and podcasts have special meditations for meeting your guides. You can use these as a tool if you are having difficulty with the others. The speaker will walk you to various places and relax you. Giving you instructions so that you can easily visualize and communicate with your guides.

7. Another way I have taught to talk to your guides is through your pendulum. If you do not know how these work, it is a tool that simply works with your own energy and accesses your Higher Self or Over-soul. Get into a comfortable position, with no distractions and build a working communication with your pendulum. If you need to learn how to use one, simply google “How to use a pendulum”. This technique will help you to find their names, their reasons for being with you. You can ask if they are a life long guide or whether they are with you for a certain lesson.

8. If none of these seem to appeal to you, you may also ask your guardians to come to you in your dreams. Just before laying down to bed, simply ask “I would like to meet my spirit guides in my dreams.” It may take a few times, but it does work. I was teaching a student over the phone how to ask. I said the above out loud to her. Wouldn’t you know, my guides all came in my dream that night and we had so much fun!

9. Walking in nature and listening to the wildlife can also help you to better connect with your guides. Talk to them. Either out loud or in your mind and pause after your questions. See if something in nature is a sign, or maybe a song will pop into your head. Often our guides will be cryptic. Using quotes or songs to bring their messages through to us. Pay attention to the small things. Give it time, your guides will make themselves known to you.

10. Last but not least, even if you have tried everything and still cannot hear/see/find your guides, you can ask a medium/psychic to help you. Please try to find them for yourself first; they are more apt to come to you than to an outside source. Turning to a third party should be your last resort. You may have some fears or past beliefs that are blocking your communications. This psychic/medium may be able to assist you to clear them, give you their name and establish the connection for you.

Remember to have fun! Your guides are with you always, whether you know them by face or name or not. They always hear you and they will find ways to answer you. Be aware, be alert and know…you are Divinely protected.

Blessings, Medium Laura Evans
Old 05-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Deactivated Account

thank you for sharing Medium Laura !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Medium_Laura

anytime :)
Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 AM
equuslife

Couldn't one just come to the front door, please?

(So help me, now that I said that, if the doorbell rings in the next 5 minutes I'll probably have a heart attack!! LOL!!)
Old 06-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Master
I still often wonder if one has to be "ready" to meet and communicate with their guides. I've heard some mixed thoughts on this, but in some ways, I believe this is the case. Most of the users on here have met their guides in their mid twenties to thirties. I'm a teenager, and I've only met one. Lately I've wondered whether he's actually "real." The last I heard from him was about a month ago, when I played a color game with him.

I just wish they'd simply tell me that they - or I - are/am not ready to communicate. Then, I could let it go and come back to the whole guide thing later.. which is what I've been doing anyway.

Bleh. Sorry. But thanks for this post, Laura!

Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
Couldn't one just come to the front door, please?

(So help me, now that I said that, if the doorbell rings in the next 5 minutes I'll probably have a heart attack!! LOL!!)

now wouldn't that be a delightful surprise if one did show up as requested ?

please sit down, can't have you having a heart attack you just got here !

you would be surprised how many times, I have " asked & received "

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 AM
equuslife

Well, I'm asking............
Old 06-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Deactivated Account

good, now wait patiently.... oops, you have a problem with that patience idea , lol ! ok, tap, tap, tap those fingers if you must !

Expect Miracles !

Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
I still often wonder if one has to be "ready" to meet and communicate with their guides. I've heard some mixed thoughts on this, but in some ways, I believe this is the case. Most of the users on here have met their guides in their mid twenties to thirties. I'm a teenager, and I've only met one. Lately I've wondered whether he's actually "real." The last I heard from him was about a month ago, when I played a color game with him.

I just wish they'd simply tell me that they - or I - are/am not ready to communicate. Then, I could let it go and come back to the whole guide thing later.. which is what I've been doing anyway.

Bleh. Sorry. But thanks for this post, Laura!

Well I met my 2 when I was only 4 or 5 Evaah. So age really has nothing to do with it. You may need to try guided meditations and see if you can get deep enough to allow them to show themselves to you. Many times out of fear, you will block. Trying too hard.. will block :)

Keep trying, never give up! You'll see them!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Deactivated Account

you can actually " see " them ?

Expect Miracles !