Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 05-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Newbie ;)

A Question?!

I hope someone can help here.

Someone close to me has been fascinated by crystals for a number of years, and now has a really nice collection, each one acquired for a specific reason at a specific time. This person was always of the belief that crystals were positive, that each one had a different energy and a different purpose, and that in collecting these crystals, they too were acting from a place of good and positivity.

Recently, this person became ill. At the same time, they became convinced they have gone against God in buying these crystals, that they are a sinful idol worship, and that they have been tricked into following and practicing "dark arts". They are of the current belief that each person who sold the crystals tricked them further and further out of Godly ways and more and more towards, for want of a better word, devil worship.

My personal opinion is that crystals are a gift from God. I would really appreciate some other opinions because I do not know how to answer this person with logical and reasoned counter arguments.

Help?!?
Old 05-10-2018, 02:36 PM
Master
Why would you argue with them? You don't have to counter anything, just hold on to your own pure beliefs.
If someone is ill they may revert to anything they can blame for their disease and clearly they feel blaming crystals and latching on to extreme religious beliefs is the answer for them.
Not your path, not your problem. You don't have to correct them, convince them, nor argue with them.
If they bother you with it, make you feel doubtful or upset in whatever way, you just state that and that you prefer to talk about something else.
If they won't let up, remove yourself from the situation.
There's nothing to gain by arguing nor by letting your own clearer vibration get cluttered by someone's negativity.
You can respect their opinion, but in turn also ask for respect for yours.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Deactivated Account

If you're worshipping or idolising the crystals, then that could be a problem. I think the same happened to me. But I think they are a gift from God and a reminder of Her beauty. Maybe just remind your friend that it's in the way you use them like everything. Crystals are tools and like any tool they can be used for egoistic purposes, or for helpful purposes.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Master
I believe that crystals are to help us with physical ailments, emotional well being and psychic development. I don't know if she reads the bible or not but if she does, you can show her the passage from Job (in my signature) and ask her to pray to find out for herself if God created them for our benefit or not.

I do agree that worshipping crystals and idolizing them is not to be done as they are tools for our use. Yes, we can respect and care for them which is far removed from worshipping them.

Blessings to you in whatever you decide to do in regards to your friend.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 05-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Newbie ;)

FairyCrystal - ordinarily I would agree with you. Life is too short to have an ongoing difference of opinion. In that situation I would normally take the view of blessing them with love and moving on. This situation does not have that option. The change in view and opinion has been an absolute 180 degree shift from someone who thought that crystals were absolutely positive, would openly discuss them with other people and would spend hours reading about them and researching different types. Now, this person is convinced that they have been tricked and the very possession of them is a pursuit of occult practices.

AraceliCianna - I have truly tried the argument of intention and purpose. I do believe some people might worship or idolize the crystals or use crystals for purposes that most would agree are not good and loving. But never with this person, always an acquisition of a crystal has been from a position of love and protection. Worship has been to God, not even to a middle man, and certainly not to a crystal. I am in no way making a comment on other religions or indeed non-religions, but in the case of this person, the actions do not match the current thoughts.

You said you think the same happened to you. In what way, may I ask?
Old 06-10-2018, 05:26 AM
Experiencer
Worshipping crystals ? Finally a religion I can get into !

In all seriousness, I agree that crystals are a gift from god, or whatever higher power you believe in.

I sincerely hope your friend was not dependent on the crystals for their healing. I have said before, crystals are no replacement for modern medicine and their benefits have not been proven or documented for medical purposes. Perhaps they are seeking someone/something to blame for their misfortune. It's a natural human behavior for many people, and would not surprise me, although I do not know this person personally and cannot make judgement.

I hope your friend feels better soon.