Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 20-01-2013, 03:58 AM
new_earth

Need help forming an affirmation for a certain situation

I am having an issue and need to come up with a good affirmation to use for a certain situation. To make a long story short, I need something to say to myself when I hear certain person's name at work. It is my coworker's girlfriend's name. We had been on and off but she is still around for now and when I hear her name it UTTERLY RUINS MY DAY. It doesn't come up often, especially less now, but when it does I MUST find something to tell myself to shift away from the depressing, empty feeling I get :/

It is more for turning away from the negative feeling when I hear this name, so that it does not ruin my day. Any ideas? Anything might work really. Just shift and say I AM HAPPY!!!!!!!! But maybe something a little more interesting. Thank you if you have any ideas.
Old 20-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Master

Hmmm...the thought that came to mind is working your way up the emotional scale about the feelings you get...if you are at depression, you are not going to get to happy any time soon, but anger will feel better than depression and then once you get past anger, annoyance is better than anger and so on. May take awhile but definately will work, but it takes time.

If you don't know what the emotional scale is, there is Joy on one end and Fear and Depression on the other, and all the emotions in between. It is laid out in "Ask and It is Given" by Abraham Hicks.

If you do this consistently and you can get to feeling better than you do now, then yo can try seeing yourself from your inner being, your soul, who loves this person unconditionally (I know, that's kinda creepy by itself - how can your inner being love someone that you don't even like?) and then you can start to see that other person from that perspective and then you will see you from that perspective and that's what really counts - you getting up to speed with your inner being.

And then, when you hear that name, it will have no pulling power, and you will stay in your own power, in your own space.

Worth a try.
Old 22-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Seeker

I forgive myself for what happened with ______
I deserve forgiveness and so does (he/she)
I choose to forgive myself and _____
I am ready to move on from what happpened with _____
I choose to be happy and laugh at what happen with ______
I am free from my past, I released my past and have moved on.
I cleanse my mind of any thoughts about ______

Record this on a mp3 and play it when you can until this stops.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Seeker

I'd practice letting go by doing some kind of exercise, like writing her name on a piece of paper and shredding the paper and throwing it away.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Pathfinder

Well, I find this thread in interesting. Am in a similar situation as New Earth, the problem with me is that am so unforgiving and I would like something that would make me forgive.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Guide

You can start by forgiving yourself for not being able to forgive. It all starts with us and ends with us. If we can totally learn to love ourselves and forgive ourselves it will translate to everyone eventually. So perhaps hold the mantra that you love and forgive yourself unconditionally (and really mean it) I bet you start smiling after awhile!!! It works, then when you are comfortable with loving and forgiving yourself, you will begin to notice a shift with how you relate to others. Blessings, lovetruth