Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-01-2017, 04:07 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Idea of consciousness continuum mentioned in a 1920 book

Browsing an old book, H. E. Wingfield's "An Introduction to the Study of Hypnotism" (London, 1920, pages 26-27), I was surprised to read the paragraph below, mentioning the idea of a continuous spectrum of consciousness ranging from waking to deep somnambulism and beyond, in 1920, well before Monroe, then Kepple mentioned it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this idea is even much older.

"On the whole, perhaps, one may regard the range of consciousness as analogous to the solar spectrum. The waking consciousness might be represented by the red end of the spectrum, the profound somnambulistic consciousness by the violet, and the deepest part, which, we may suppose, is in relation with the visceral functions, by the ultra-violet invisible rays. Clearly, if we examine the red end of the spectrum, and compare it with the violet, we shall find a sharp line of demarcation between the two, for we shall have missed out the orange which bridges them. But if we look at the whole spectrum, it is obvious that it is continuous from end to end."
Old 07-01-2017, 04:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Indeed! You may find a direct parallel to this so-called "spectrum" with the concept of the seven major chakras, from the root (red) to the crown (violet). In fact, the author of that book was channeling information from his "Higher Self," if you will, that was referring, in part, to the chakra spectrum of consciousness.

This is, of course, nothing new, for NOTHING is actually "new" in Cosmic (Divine) Consciousness. Nothing is really new, but everything is really now.

No person actually "originates" an idea, friend. Very few humans have ventured to realize this, yet there can be no Self-realization without realizing it. This information you speak of has been known by various entities in various civilizations throughout many eras in many dimensions, and none of them originated it of themselves, for there are no separate minds in creation. All minds are really but perspectives of the One Infinite Mind.

This information was known in many ancient human civilizations, used in conjunction with many ancient technologies. Much of human science fiction is based upon soul remembrances of these times, both in terms of Earth incarnations as well as those in other planetary systems and dimensions.

"There is nothing new under the sun." Nor above it.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:25 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Indeed! You may find a direct parallel to this so-called "spectrum" with the concept of the seven major chakras, from the root (red) to the crown (violet). In fact, the author of that book was channeling information from his "Higher Self," if you will, that was referring, in part, to the chakra spectrum of consciousness. ...
I believe I get what you're saying, but I was referring to a spectrum of consciousness more in terms of phasing vis-a-vis the concept of astral planes. Are you aware of an older written or oral mention of a spectrum of consciousness?
Old 11-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
I believe I get what you're saying, but I was referring to a spectrum of consciousness more in terms of phasing vis-a-vis the concept of astral planes. Are you aware of an older written or oral mention of a spectrum of consciousness?

Look at Hinduism and Buddhism... Thousands of years old.
Old 13-01-2017, 12:13 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Look at Hinduism and Buddhism... Thousands of years old.
Could you indicate a more precise reference? "Hinduism and Buddhism" is too vague to be useful. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Yes. The prophet, Mohammed, reported an out-of-body experience in which he ascended through "seven heavens," which is a reference to a spectrum of seven frequencies or dimensional states of consciousness. One could say, "But this is different from what Kepple or Wingfield spoke of in terms of a spectrum from waking consciousness to deep somnambulism and beyond." But is it really? The light spectrum, the electromagnetic spectrum, the chakra spectrum, the waking-to-superconsciousness spectrum, etc. are all interconnected and closely symbolically linked.

Again, no one person originates an idea of himself/herself. This is impossible. If written and/or oral "proof" of originality is something that one seeks, and the person is open to conscious astral projection, then one may use astral projection for deep investigation into such areas. Linear time is illusory. Time is illusory. Those who deeply understand what "astral projection" really is...they know this to be true. They know that separation is an illusion, that there are ultimately no separate minds, and therefore in this sense no one person or entity is "the originator" of a concept or invention. The physical brain is a receiver of thoughts, it is not the originator of thought, for the brain is not the mind.

Furthermore, there really is no beginning nor end in consciousness, and even the idea of a spectrum is ultimately illusory. As a concept, it certainly has its place, yet ironically astral projection ultimately proves that all "time" and all "states" of consciousness are simultaneous, and that Divine Love is what really matters.

Again, there have been many that perceived a spectrum of consciousness in regards to astral projection. The chakras are relevant here. One cannot separate the functioning of the chakras from the activity of astral projection. The seven basic chakras themselves represent a spectrum of consciousness that directly interacts with "phasing" or "astral projection."

Your written discovery is very fruitful, as it helps to expand the understanding in this forum that these kinds of insights such as a "phasing spectrum" are much older than one may assume. If "hardcore physical proof" is what one seeks, then in such an attitude such a person will NEVER find deep satisfaction through discovering the highest truth that is within oneself as the "kingdom within." But when one begins to realize that everything is energy, and that energy itself is but consciousness, the idea of originality is understood in a much broader manner, as it is ultimately understood to be impersonal and Divine.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks baro-san. Five stars.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Guide

Thank you for the great quote, baro-san.

Having just discovered Frank Kepple's work a couple of days ago, it's good timing to read what you posted from H.E Wingfield.

I've had some experiences which this helps me to understand.
Thanks again!
Old 09-01-2017, 05:41 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilucis
Thank you for the great quote, baro-san.

Having just discovered Frank Kepple's work a couple of days ago, it's good timing to read what you posted from H.E Wingfield.

I've had some experiences which this helps me to understand.
Thanks again!
Synchronicity: you discover Frank's work, and a couple of days later, on another forum, you happen to read somebody's mention of him.

I read, probably, all of Frank Kepple's posts at astralpulse, and I think he was one of the most remarkable modern contributors to the field.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Guide

Definitely synchronicity! I was surprised to see you post after I had just been searching the forum to see if anyone mentioned him :-D

Going back slightly to your original post, regarding the continuous spectrum of consciousness, and Wingfield's analogy of Orange being the bridge between Red and Violet - I kind of wish I could explain this better but the idea of there being a bridge reminds me of the Hypersonic Effect.

Studies show that high frequency sounds inaudible to humans have no effect on us at all, until the addition of audible frequencies.
In order to experience inaudible frequencies as having a measurable effect, we must combine them with audible frequencies and in this way, is the bridge made.

I can't help but draw the experience of certain states of consciousness into this model.
For me this has been food for thought.

And yes, I am totally going to read some more from Kepple. What I enjoy so far is the simplicity of what he teaches.