Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 19-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Master

'Your Week Ahead' practice

Hi guys,

I want to try my hand at this spread again so looking for guinea pigs from now till end of this weekend - you're also welcome to try one for yourself! :)

It's a neat little 4-card spread, and you can draw some individual cards for specific areas of your life. I also frequently adapt it to different time periods, as shown in the example below:

-----------------

Q: What's ahead for me between now and the end of the weekend?
* Wisdom of the Oracle

1) General Theme: Higher Power. This weekend looks like it's all about re-aligning with my higher good but ALSO feels like my spiritual path. It feels like I've been off-track for a while and now I'm getting back into the groove... where I'm meant to be.

2) Area of focus: Time to Go. I pulled a clarifying card here... Go The Distance rev. HAHA! "Time to go... the distance!" literally. This says to me - time to wrap up all the fluffy s---, get comfy with the uncomfy, and start moving. It's also a bit of a heads up that I'm going to be pretty tired but need to do the things anyway. Gotcha.

3) A challenge: Yang rev. HA! Starting's going to be tough (probs because tired). Okay, maybe I should take some vitamins this weekend.

4) Advice to overcome the challenge:
No Place Like Home rev. This is also saying home environment - I don't feel comfy and there are various distractions/pressures around me. I should work on clearing these asap.

Onto specific areas - I usually pick 3 max.

** House clearing/unpacking business: Co-Create. Get someone to help me!

** Study: Happy Happy rev + A Leg Up. Ditto - get someone to help me! And be prepared that it might not feel very pleasant.

** Work: Loyal Heart rev: Again, it's not going to feel great and I might worry that it's not going to turn out okay, but it's time to have faith in the process and whatever it's going to turn out as.
Old 19-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Master
I'm game, tealily. Hit me with that four card spread!
Old 20-02-2016, 01:07 AM
Master

Q: What does the week ahead hold for Olivia13?
* Wisdom of the Oracle

Overall theme: The Tribe. On first glance this says "family time!" but the general vibe I get is actually more of community... and it doesn't feel like family, more likely to be work or some kind of other external social group.

A focus: Higher Power. Combined, these two cards are saying "this is the week to start thinking about who you hang with" and making sure they're people who help you be on the right track.

A challenge: All That Glitters - hmm, so this is about material things - start taking stock. Again in the context of the first card I'd be looking at social influences on your spending habits/resource allocation. The extreme analogy for this would be like being BFF's with Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton - you know they're going to think certain products are absolute essentials/must haves, but are they really that way for you? Sometimes people hide themselves behind money and their spendings - don't be one of these. Not all that's valued by others is worthwhile for you.

Advice to overcome the challenge: Time to Go. Wow, a really clear message here - thanks cards. Again this card is saying it's time to start wrapping up loose ends, cutting off loose ties, and preparing to move on. If we're still talking about social situations, this would mean that now could be a time to start 'ghosting' or gently declining invitations etc. If we're talking about money, this could be a time to start budgeting seriously, curtailing your expenses, cancelling subscriptions you no longer need etc. It could also mean physically walking away from enticing store front windows

Hope this helps! :)
Old 20-02-2016, 02:44 AM
Suspended
Count me in- soon I'll be leaving..on a jet plane? Lol.
Old 20-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Master

I would love one
Old 20-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Master

my life is upside down at the moment, would appreciate any insights if you fancy it??? Thanks, as always.
Old 20-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Guide

Yes please!
Old 20-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Overall theme: The Tribe. On first glance this says "family time!" but the general vibe I get is actually more of community... and it doesn't feel like family, more likely to be work or some kind of other external social group.

This was right on.

Quote:
A focus: Higher Power. Combined, these two cards are saying "this is the week to start thinking about who you hang with" and making sure they're people who help you be on the right track.

Hmmm...I do pretty well with that. But I will keep that in mind.

Quote:
A challenge: All That Glitters - hmm, so this is about material things - start taking stock. Again in the context of the first card I'd be looking at social influences on your spending habits/resource allocation. The extreme analogy for this would be like being BFF's with Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton - you know they're going to think certain products are absolute essentials/must haves, but are they really that way for you? Sometimes people hide themselves behind money and their spendings - don't be one of these. Not all that's valued by others is worthwhile for you.

I'm more so the opposite of that. But I do have co-workers like that, one of them is coming back to work this week after having some 'work' done Maybe it has to do with that.

Quote:
Advice to overcome the challenge: Time to Go. Wow, a really clear message here - thanks cards. Again this card is saying it's time to start wrapping up loose ends, cutting off loose ties, and preparing to move on. If we're still talking about social situations, this would mean that now could be a time to start 'ghosting' or gently declining invitations etc. If we're talking about money, this could be a time to start budgeting seriously, curtailing your expenses, cancelling subscriptions you no longer need etc. It could also mean physically walking away from enticing store front windows

I'm not much of a spender. I'm more frugal. I grew up in a household where you notified 2 seconds after leaving a room if you left the lights on in there. So I dont think its that.
But the second part resonates with me for reason, not sure why?
And I do wonder where I may be going? I have been getting that a lot lately and I somewhat feel it also. So I do keep that in mind. But I do feel it's a few years away yet. Right now feels like a preparatory/incubation period. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Thank you Tealily!
Old 20-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Master

ahh, so perhaps all it means is that she'll try to convince you to get some work done as well, and all you need to do is stick to your normal guns and walk away when she starts talking about it

Cards are not always deep and meaningful!
Old 20-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Master

Final sitters taken (everyone up to and including Anne), thank you! I'll get around to your readings soon.