Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
SerpentQueen

I don't care for labeling anyone, as it's not very constructive and the reality is that people are much more complicated than any label. That said, I can absolutely understand the attraction of applying labels to explain a person, and I find it a struggle to avoid doing so, even though I know it doesn't help anyone, putting them into a box.

Borderline personality disorder: there are many stories on this forum that could easily fit that label. The push/pull dynamic could fall into this label quite easily.

Narcissistic personality disorder: if loving someone who is a mirror image of myself is narcissistic, then I am guilty as charged. He and I actually joke about this a lot. It does seem... weird. Why would you want to be with someone who is so much like yourself? Must be a narcissist!

Sociopath: this label could fit anyone who's reached the spiritual nirvana of complete detachment of all desires, could it not?

Lil Jean, I won't judge you, no worries. Personally? If you are even asking this question about yourself, I do not think you fit the definition of "disordered." I admire how you are so self aware and you are willing to "go there" and view and acknowledge the aspects of your own behavior and relationships that are less than desirable, and counter productive to what you say you want.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM
awakenflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Here is the link in wikipedia. It provides a decent overview.

I have met one and possibly 2 of them. External locusts of control. It's always someone else's fault because they can't handle their own flaws, and you are right, they are very sensitive. They just always twist it around so they aren't "wrong."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcisist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narciss...ality_disorder

Narcissistism is just a form of a big ego used in negative ways. Ego that doesn't see the outside reality as a projection of itself. It's an isolated imprisoned ego in a way. There are ways how to use ego in positive ways, by seeing others as a form of yourself.

My soulmate was having problems with this, i was helping her with this as much as i could. Trying to open her mind to the wider reality, but the truth is that it threatens ego's control.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Master
Maybe people searching for and believing in twinflames are the sociopaths and narcissists...

Just saying...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_Jean
Kay so the reason I asked. The person I think may be my TF I feel may have sociopathic tendencies. I grew up with a father who had sociopathic tendencies, so I do know what they are like. I also sometimes... having grown up in a household like that... have the same tendencies. My (maybe) TF always tells people he is scared to death of me but something keeps drawing him to me and I to him. An unexplainable force/bond/connection whatever you want to call it. When we are together, it seems we start to have feelings and emotions that we never had before and bond on astrological levels but then we always end up parting ways. Is it possible that he is my TF? And if so, does that mean that the bad I see in him is also in me? That's why we meet every now and then because we need to fix that "sociopathic/narcissist" in us?

I don't search him out. I know that 100%! So if I think he's a sociopath and has shown stalker tendencies... is it possible he searches me out? That I can prove false too. For years he would tell friends to have me call him or would ask for my number but I didn't and ran! For six years. Then just poof! He was back in my life. I found him. He said he had just stopped looking for me and I believe that to be true. He is also a pathological liar and very maniputalive as a sociopath would be.

Thoughts?

Run as fast and far away from him...

Get a restraining order...

If you are attracted to him ...seek a therapist as to why...
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
DulcePoetica

Because these types of personality disorders have huge compulsion elements, I think it is VERY easy to get confused about what the feelings mean. I found this insightful article at some point in my process: http://www.thespiritualeclectic.com/...d-narcissists/

So much of what has taken place between myself and my counterpart in this experience has has been an undeniable result of underlying emotional and psychiatric triggers in both of us. This is one of the many reasons I advocate for a daily meditation practice. I still get drawn into some unhealthy dynamics with this thing, but meditation continues to offer clarity, so I can trust my intuition more and more.

I find that for me, there is only a subtle difference in feeling between a soul-directed intent and a psychiatric trigger. Anyone who thinks they have met their "soulmate" owes it to themselves to know this difference in themselves. If we have never looked at our own emotional hang-ups- we are bound to feel overwhelmed by the power of our unconscious compulsions. Narcissism, Sociopathy and Borderline Personality Disorder are very serious, and the behaviors are especially provocative to people who have not done their own emotional house cleaning. These diagnoses represent individuals who are pathologically incapable* of emotional awareness. If they never develop emotional intelligence and awareness, they will most certainly never delve deeper into the realm of the soul. We need to be responsible to ourselves and intuit the degree of holistic awareness in our friends and lovers.

If you want my honest opinion - no, I don't think it is possible for individuals with unaddressed personality disorders to connect at a soul level to another human being. Because it requires them to go deeper than their own thoughts. But I think it is very possible to mistake being emotionally involved with a narcissist, etc. for a spiritual connection.

*I chose the word 'incapable' because we sensitive types are inclined to fool ourselves with optimism. We will not awaken them to the "power of love" if they live exclusively in their mind space.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:52 PM
lil_Jean

I used labels to better explain the situation vs. trying to go into every detail that makes me think this. It's so hard and confusing. I've watched a wonderful person that loved life and everyone in it 14 years ago die inside. I don't believe my soul is connected to what is left of him but rather the person I connect with 14 years ago. I didn't even see glimmers of his soul this last encounter and it's scary and I know it's not my problem and I can't fix him. I just fear the next encounter we will have because as history has proved for some reason something continues to pull us back together.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
External locusts of control.

Best typo of the week.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiFool
Best typo of the week.

Thanks, John! I KNEW it looked weird.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
awakenflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Because these types of personality disorders have huge compulsion elements, I think it is VERY easy to get confused about what the feelings mean. I found this insightful article at some point in my process: http://www.thespiritualeclectic.com/...d-narcissists/

So much of what has taken place between myself and my counterpart in this experience has has been an undeniable result of underlying emotional and psychiatric triggers in both of us. This is one of the many reasons I advocate for a daily meditation practice. I still get drawn into some unhealthy dynamics with this thing, but meditation continues to offer clarity, so I can trust my intuition more and more.

I find that for me, there is only a subtle difference in feeling between a soul-directed intent and a psychiatric trigger. Anyone who thinks they have met their "soulmate" owes it to themselves to know this difference in themselves. If we have never looked at our own emotional hang-ups- we are bound to feel overwhelmed by the power of our unconscious compulsions. Narcissism, Sociopathy and Borderline Personality Disorder are very serious, and the behaviors are especially provocative to people who have not done their own emotional house cleaning. These diagnoses represent individuals who are pathologically incapable* of emotional awareness. If they never develop emotional intelligence and awareness, they will most certainly never delve deeper into the realm of the soul. We need to be responsible to ourselves and intuit the degree of holistic awareness in our friends and lovers.

If you want my honest opinion - no, I don't think it is possible for individuals with unaddressed personality disorders to connect at a soul level to another human being. Because it requires them to go deeper than their own thoughts. But I think it is very possible to mistake being emotionally involved with a narcissist, etc. for a spiritual connection.

*I chose the word 'incapable' because we sensitive types are inclined to fool ourselves with optimism. We will not awaken them to the "power of love" if they live exclusively in their mind space.

That webpage link explains everything about my connection with my soulmate. Yes, she was a narcissist, as it falls into that exact given definition. But still i can tell with a clear mind and soul that it was a soul connection from my view, she was just not ready for me.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator
I like typos, it adds humor to such a dim post. Not into labeling much either. Sure you can research all you want and label all you want, but pssst this would make you crazy like ! Just my opinion.