Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 29-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Deactivated Account
To be honest most religions are anti homo.But really you do not need religion nor church.Most religions is a waste of time.
Old 29-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
if one doesn't like the existing religions s/he can create her/his own one.
My thoughts exactly!

You shouldn't ask them to change as you don't want them to ask you to change!
Old 30-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Guide

You must simply look for progressive or liberal 'sects' of Christian Churches. Even in Islam there is now a liberal mosque in Berlin and soon in London, iirc.
Old 30-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

"progressive" ... another hijacked word
Old 30-08-2017, 12:59 AM
Deactivated Account
In Christian churches - I believe that the Uniting church has leanings towards acceptance of many groups of people which many other churches reject and or condemn. Unfortunately though a lot of churches are still seriously behind the ball - stuck in old and tired beliefs. Even the liberal churches can be a bit of a snore fest when it comes to being relevant in a modern world.

Have you done a google search as well? Many cities (depending on where you live) will list LGBTI/ queer friendly organisations.

You could also start your own - a member of my local LGBTI community approached spiritual businesses and liberal church organisations to put out feelers and has now started up a queer friendly church - it is more a safe place for spiritual discussion.

I hope that you find an inclusive spiritual community which resonates with you.
Old 31-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Master
Shinto. Though there are very few followers of the belief at this point.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?

I think you'll find that people who aren;t conforming to the male/female ciz straight gender paradigm will always be classed as 'abnormal' in some way because culture as a whole is predominantly concerned with its continuation through the generations - which means culture rests on a sexually reproductive imperative.

Hence when a child is born the first words applied to the subject is 'it's a boy' or 'it's a girl' (even peoples' names are gender appropriate), and sex is then institutionally organised starting with the birth certificate. In this way culture is predicated on a binary discourse about sex.

The next thing to consider is how 'normalcy' is required to maintain social order, and from this biological imperative the social organisation of gender roles begins in earliest childhood with colour associations, and play things, and later on, sexuality is organised through institutions like marriage and family structure so that physical reproduction can be socially organised in order to maintain the reproduction of culture - which is wholly reliant on the social order predicated mostly by sexual/gender norms.

When people deviate as homsexuals, transgenders and so forth, the most fundamental social norms are undermined, so it is perceived masculinity and femininity genders are undermined, that 'boy' and 'girl' are meaningless, which in turn threatens the most fundamental basis of the civilisation we call 'culture'.

Luckily, norms change over time, but it takes a while for people in society to view sex and gender in a new way. Many still insist on the dual sex paradigm, and therefore the distinct gender binary, not because it is true per-se, but because it threatens their identity as masculine and feminine, which of course they defend quite aggressively. In reality there are different ways to understand sex and gender, but ultimately, culture and society depend on the reproductive imperative and will probably always favour and advantage those who conform to binary gender norms.