Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 19-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?

Wicca :)

Old 19-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Rivendoah

I got to the third page of this topic and have heard more homophobic responses than I can stomach... OMG!

Dear... god loves and accepts you fully no matter your sexual orientation... any one that says otherwise is caught up in a belief system that is DEAD WRONG! Be yourself and when you are old enough, either get the heck out of Utah or join a group that fights against the unjust... in accurate... and homophobic people who would say that being gay and loving another women is wrong... they are wrong... and when we all reach heaven we will laugh at the foolish notion they they now embrace...

They no not what they do....
Old 19-06-2011, 06:59 PM
moke64916

Choose as you wish. I'd search within to find that answer. Do you need to search? Or is it something you already have?
Old 19-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Master
I came across the following extract a while back whilst mooching through some Buddhist stuff.

"Homosexuality is not an illness or abnormality. It is about as common as left-handedness and homosexuality deserves to be regarded just as natural and unthreatening as left-handedness is today. (Remember there was a time when left-handed students were punished.)" - Buddhanet

Those Folks are not only the most pro-tollerance I've come across, but They apparently also have a doctrine to effect the end of All forms of suffering.
Old 19-06-2011, 08:23 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
I came across the following extract a while back whilst mooching through some Buddhist stuff.

"Homosexuality is not an illness or abnormality. It is about as common as left-handedness and homosexuality deserves to be regarded just as natural and unthreatening as left-handedness is today. (Remember there was a time when left-handed students were punished.)" - Buddhanet

These Guys are not only the most pro-tollerance I've come across, but They also have a doctrine to effect the end of All forms of suffering.

Lazarus, beautiful!!! It rings true to me
Old 19-06-2011, 08:24 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Wicca :)

YES! And just about any other metaphysically oriented belief system!
Old 19-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Lazarus, beautiful!!! It rings true to me

Thankyou LFH, You have just made Me smile bigtime.

Feeling the love and the tollerance.

Old 19-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72

:
What a great statement ! ;) I remember my father telling me that very thing. He was hit for writing with his left hand. They (teachers) viewed it as "abnormal". I hope we are more evolved than that now. We can only hope that very soon, homosexuality will be viewed as you quoted above. :)
Old 19-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
What a great statement ! ;) I remember my father telling me that very thing. He was hit for writing with his left hand. They (teachers) viewed it as "abnormal". I hope we are more evolved than that now. We can only hope that very soon, homosexuality will be viewed as you quoted above. :)

Yeah I thought it was a great perspective when I came across it, thanks ML.

I was gonna mention about how recent the 'left handed nonsense' patterns of thinking were about, I knew it was recent, but wasn't sure how recent !!

That info about your dad adds to the perspective I feel.

I think there's been a fair bit of positive shifting of attitudes in recent times, and like You I hope for more in the near future.

(edit - upon reflection, I can use this additional information you supplied as a reason to afford a degree of tollerance..... to the intollerant.... )
Old 19-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Medium_Laura

He was born in 1933 so that gives you a bit of perspective :)