Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 23-10-2013, 06:59 AM
primrose

Just yesterday I started taking Diatomaceous Earth food grade, as it's supposed to be a good cleanser.
Old 23-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Experiencer

^^^ yes, its really good for killing parasites, and its cheap too
Old 24-10-2013, 05:07 AM
Cosmical

Try doing a liver tonic! I've heard good things about deep tissue massages too for getting the toxins out of your body.
Old 17-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Master

The withdrawal effect of reducing toxins is not pleasant, but persevere.

I know I eat too much processed food, I'm lazy when it comes to cooking. But hopefully I will adjust that behaviour shortly and get more inspired and excited about cooking nourishing and healthy food.

One thing that is difficult to manage is the air we breathe, I think of the great gulp of exhaust fumes that I inhaled the other day, or that I regularly breathe in when I'm out and about. But a lot of it is being healthy to process the toxins.
Old 19-11-2013, 12:20 AM
VisionQuest

A good place to start.......

Joel Fuhrman M.D. is a board-certified family physician, NY Times best-selling author and nutritional researcher who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods. He is an internationally recognized expert on nutrition and natural healing, and has appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows including the Dr. Oz show, the Today Show, Good Morning America, and Live with Kelly. Dr. Fuhrman's own hugely successful PBS television shows, "3 Steps to Incredible Health" and "Dr. Fuhrman's Immunity Solution" bring nutritional science to homes all across America.

Dr. Fuhrman is the author of 7 books including 3 New York Times best sellers. Dr. Fuhrman's #1 NY Times best-selling book," Eat to Live" (Little Brown) has sold over 1,000,000 copies and has been published in multiple foreign language editions. In October 2012, "Super Immunity." (HarperOne ) also became a NY Times best seller and in January 2013 his latest book, "End of Diabetes"(HarperOne) reached the New York Times list. Dr. Fuhrman has published in several peer reviewed scientific journals, which include: "Glycemic and cardiovascular parameters improved in Type 2 Diabetes with the high nutrient density (HND) diet." Open Journal of Preventive Medicine and "Changing perceptions of hunger on a high nutrient density diet." Nutrition Journal.

Dr Fuhrman is the father of nutritarian eating. His health (longevity) equation H = N/C, (healthy life expectancy is proportional to lifetime intake of micronutrient diversity and quantity per calorie) has interested scientists the world over. As an advocate of diets rich in a vast array of plant micronutrients per calorie, his ANDI scoring system, (featured in Whole Foods Market) has directed millions of consumers to eat an anti-cancer diet-style .

Dr. Fuhrman's discoveries in differentiating the physiology and biochemistry of true hunger from addictive hunger (which he calls toxic hunger) is essential for understanding and resolving both health and weight concerns, and an essential element to solve our nation's obesity and health crisis.

Dr. Fuhrman is the Research Director of the Nutritional Research Foundation, a member of the Whole Foods Market Scientific Advisory Board and a member of the Dr. Oz Show Medical Advisory Board. He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1988) and has received the St. Joseph's Family Practice Resident's Teaching Award for his contribution to the education of residents.

As a former world class figure skater, Dr. Fuhrman placed second in the United States National Pairs Championships in 1973 and third in the 1976 World Professional Pairs Skating Championship in Jaca, Spain. Today, he is an active participant in multiple sports and is a health and fitness enthusiast. His dedication to sports medicine, foot and body alignment, injury prevention, human performance and longevity speaks to these lifelong interests. Along with his nutritional expertise, Dr. Fuhrman has been involved professionally with sports medical committees, advised professional and Olympic athletes, and has lectured to athletic trainers and world-class athletes for maximizing performance and preventing injury.
Print this
Joel
Old 16-02-2014, 12:20 PM
MrKappa

I recently did an herbal detox and yes, it was stressful on my body, however I feel as if I am healthier as a result. Some days it felt as if my cerebellum was tinsel, and on at least one night my dreams were kinetic. Very rare thing with me so probably no co-incidence as it was probably the most intense kinetic dream ever. I felt mild seizures across my face as well.

Basically some of the ingredients are considered toxic in high doses. The main ingredients of the whole concoction were, wormwood, black walnut hull, and cloves, along with a good handful of other herbs. Got it from kaicollection on ebay.

I'd say yeah, some herbal detoxes do work. Now I am onto an intestinal cleanse.
Old 16-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Knower
My notes about cleansing of body (not mind) contain (some research of) vege(raw) diet, water, breathing, and exercise so.
I was shielded by colloidal silver in the beginning, and discovered vitamins as useless (for healthly person).
Be known the fastest one-time technique doesn't sense as long term remedy.
Cleaning of mind is necessary after all...
Old 17-02-2014, 06:59 AM
tigereye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresco

Unfortunately, he may kill himself through this faster than he would otherwise. Vitamins are practically useless for healthy people if they have a good diet and exercise regime. Antioxidants are good in small amounts, but taking 3x or more of the recommended allowance has been proven over and over again, huge quantities of the population, to actually protect cancer cells against your own defences and cause higher cancer rates. That and a lot of pills don't have the best manufacturing process.
Be careful what pills you take.
Old 17-02-2014, 03:09 PM
MrKappa

This is a carry over line of thinking from Orthomolecular. In a sense there is some merit with this line of thinking. Deficiencies with some vitamins will lead to degenerative diseases. Vitamin C and Scurvy are good examples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthomolecular_medicine

Quote:
The term "orthomolecular" was coined by Linus Pauling to mean "the right molecules in the right amounts" (ortho is Greek for "right").[11] Proponents of orthomolecular medicine hold that treatment must be based on each patient's individual biochemistry.[12][13]

It does however neglect pathology in some regards, and this is where herbalism and nootropics may be beneficial considering the use of anti-biotics are in decline.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18646395

Quote:
The decline of antibiotic era--new approaches for antibacterial drug discovery.

Infectious diseases still remain the main cause of human premature deaths; especially in developing countries. The emergence and spread of pathogenic bacteria resistant to many antibiotics (multidrug-resistant strains) have created the need for the development of novel therapeutic agents. Only two new classes of antibiotics of novel mechanisms of action (linezolid and daptomycin) have been introduced into the market during the last three decades. The recent progress in molecular biology and bacterial genome analysis has had an enormous impact on antibacterial drug research. This review presents new achievements in searching a new bacterial essential genes, a potential targets for antibacterial drugs. Application of metagenomics strategy is also shown. Some recent technologies aimed at development of anti-pathogenic drugs such as inhibitors of quorum sensing process or histidine kinases are also discussed. Extensive research efforts have provided many details concerning structure of bacterial proteins playing an important role in pathogenesis such as adherence proteins or toxins, what allowed searching for antitoxin drugs or drugs interfering with bacterial adhesion. As an example, the review focuses on anthrax therapies under development. Additionally, the article presents the progress in phage therapy; using bacteriophages or their products such as lysins in antibacterial therapy.

Anyways, those undergoing chemotherapy should be advised to take vitamins as when their bodies fight back, they deplete vitamins at a faster rate. So metabolisms and vitamins are something worth considering, most certainly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigereye
Unfortunately, he may kill himself through this faster than he would otherwise.

Most certainly, Vitamin A overdosing is not healthy, and Vitamin K thickens blood in some regards where thinner blood may be the desired effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuadDib
Cleaning of mind is necessary after all...

I believe a universal and spiritual law which transcends many religions and binds them together is temperance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperance_(virtue)

Quote:
Temperance is the espousal of moderation, marked by personal restraint. It has been studied by religious thinkers, philosophers, and more recently, psychologists, particularly in the positive psychology movement. Upheld as a virtue throughout time and across cultures, it was one of the cardinal virtues in Greek philosophy, being believed that no virtue could be sustained in the face of inability to control oneself, if the virtue was opposed to some desire, and was subsequently incorporated in the Catholic catechism's Seven heavenly virtues. It is also one of the six main categories of the VIA character strengths. Temperance is generally defined by control over excess, so that it has many such classes, such as abstinence, chastity, modesty, humility, prudence, self-regulation, forgiveness and mercy; each of these involves restraining some impulse, such as sexual desire, vanity, or anger.
Old 17-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigereye
Unfortunately, he may kill himself through this faster than he would otherwise. Vitamins are practically useless for healthy people if they have a good diet and exercise regime. Antioxidants are good in small amounts, but taking 3x or more of the recommended allowance has been proven over and over again, huge quantities of the population, to actually protect cancer cells against your own defences and cause higher cancer rates. That and a lot of pills don't have the best manufacturing process.
Be careful what pills you take
You are partially right. Many vitamin pills come from China and dont have good quality control. Also, its important to take vitamins and minerals that are NOT synthetic and are extracted from either food or plants. That way they are in their complete natural state.

But to say taking vitamin supplements is useless in healthy individuals is wrong. At least in my opinion