Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-10-2019, 10:43 AM
MAYA EL

Calm down there buddy the world has enough people with ego's so big they think they have to save the world with there opinion so we don't need another one to deal with. Worry about you and you alone because your walk is for you just like everyone else has there own walk and we all have to do it are self.
And don't forget about dying from meditating LOL I have that same experience as I OBE at least 3 times a week when I feel like having an OBE and I've not ones thought I was going to die . Last winter I was in a deep meditation in my garage and when I started it was 65* outside but little did I know 6hr had gone by and I came to and there was steam coming off of my sweat soaked shirt and sweat dripping off of my elbows and then it hit me the cold! I started shaking and look over at the thermometer as I'm frantically searching for my shoes and it was 24 degrees! A cold front had blown in and it was 1am I was so confused and cold yet while in meditation I not only wasn't cold I was heating up so much i was dripping sweat it was crazy. But that's just one of many crazy experiences that ife had and i understand that I'm not the only one blone away by how crazy the awakening process is and so I don't let it get to me to where I think I have to go save the world or any display of immature imagination like that.
Old 23-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Calm down there buddy the world has enough people with ego's so big they think they have to save the world with there opinion so we don't need another one to deal with. Worry about you and you alone because your walk is for you just like everyone else has there own walk and we all have to do it are self.
And don't forget about dying from meditating LOL I have that same experience as I OBE at least 3 times a week when I feel like having an OBE and I've not ones thought I was going to die . Last winter I was in a deep meditation in my garage and when I started it was 65* outside but little did I know 6hr had gone by and I came to and there was steam coming off of my sweat soaked shirt and sweat dripping off of my elbows and then it hit me the cold! I started shaking and look over at the thermometer as I'm frantically searching for my shoes and it was 24 degrees! A cold front had blown in and it was 1am I was so confused and cold yet while in meditation I not only wasn't cold I was heating up so much i was dripping sweat it was crazy. But that's just one of many crazy experiences that ife had and i understand that I'm not the only one blone away by how crazy the awakening process is and so I don't let it get to me to where I think I have to go save the world or any display of immature imagination like that.

What I want is not to save the world, that's not that possible, you simply can't force change upon people, I only want to help the ones who want to be helped, Christ had the power to heal the entire world from any disease and suffering yet he only healed the ones who came to Him and the ones who really desired to be healed.

It's normal for the body to heat up and to send the warm blood to the main organs when the temperature is cold but if the coldness is too overwhelming, the body can't do nothing, my guess is that because you were in deep meditation, your brain was able to heat up your body more than usual, the monks usually do these things on purpose as a way to develop more control over their minds and bodies.

I've been through heart palpitations, spontaneous movements of my body, low heart rates, slow breathing, I am ready for what's next.
Old 24-10-2019, 03:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
That's really amazing!! It took me almost 2 hours to reach that deep state and I could not fully leave my body because I feared that I may not return back, it's something normal for me.. One question, when you have an OBE, do you find yourself in the astral realms or are you able to stay in this reality? I know for sure that I had OBEs that were "placed" in this reality, once I got stuck in the tree in front of my house, then I saw my house from above with perfect details, it was like watching a HD version of my house from above, it was sunny outside, when I woke up, it was also sunny outside Once I was flying above a street, I could even see the cars, in fact, I was flying around me, then I decided to fly above a river and I could even see the rays of light in the water.

If somehow I manage to remain in this reality, I know that then and only then I will be able to do things like healing people.

For this very reason I keep everything for myself, I only share it with you here.

I used to 'fly' above the streets alot as a kid each evening before I would pray.

I was convinced that I could actually fly for ages - - I sort of think I was astral travelling or something, I'm not sure.

Every now and then as an adult I end up travelling into places of political significance or geographical locations which I am energetically drawn to.

I think it's cool that you were in a tree looking at your house in HD. It's like looking at things with crystal clear vision.

I can openly talk about these things with artist types and creatives because they are generally quite open and sensitive channels to energy.

You do you.
Old 24-10-2019, 03:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

To quote Bruce Lee "Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own."

Love this quote
My spiritual life is mostly intuitively guided so this quote works quite well for me!
Old 24-10-2019, 04:00 AM
Deactivated Account
I don't really understand the talk of "world saving" in this thread. I didn't get that sense from it at all.

Sometimes, it just feels good to be kind for the sake of it - because it's simply a by product of feeling more connected to to oneself.

I am thinking much more in terms of being a person who can be quite sensitive to things at times. It feels good to be kind and to take intuitive actions to create lots of space in the world for hope to fill.
Old 24-10-2019, 06:11 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
What I want is not to save the world, that's not that possible, you simply can't force change upon people, I only want to help the ones who want to be helped, Christ had the power to heal the entire world from any disease and suffering yet he only healed the ones who came to Him and the ones who really desired to be healed.

It's normal for the body to heat up and to send the warm blood to the main organs when the temperature is cold but if the coldness is too overwhelming, the body can't do nothing, my guess is that because you were in deep meditation, your brain was able to heat up your body more than usual, the monks usually do these things on purpose as a way to develop more control over their minds and bodies.

I've been through heart palpitations, spontaneous movements of my body, low heart rates, slow breathing, I am ready for what's next.

You don't understand what I am saying
The point is that you assum that what you know is better then what others know and that you need to go tell the world all the stuff that's in your head because it's better then the stuff in there's when it's not it's no better and no worse and because your not done learning about life that means you are underqualified to teach others how to do life. It's called Delusions of grandeur. And yes I know the many reasons why Somebody can sweat in 24 degree weather
Old 24-10-2019, 09:22 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
Love this quote
My spiritual life is mostly intuitively guided so this quote works quite well for me!

So do I and it fits me quite well too!
Old 25-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Experiencer
Smile Meditation

Quote:
Finally, I did it, I really did it, but it was just a glimpse, as usual, when I experience something new, I fear the experience and I stop...

I don't know how to put this in words, I started to meditate now 2 hours ago and just few moments ago, something happened, suddenly, I felt how I am leaving my body, I felt like I was floating, the blackness that we see when we have our eyes closed started to transform into light, it was so so amazing! I thought that I am entering in another dimension or realm of existence and just a moment before completely reaching this state I stopped because I thought that I can't return back into my body... It's something usual for me to be scared at first...

Anyway, it was sooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!!!

meditation is such an amazing practice i just wish i had the patience when i was a kid its extremely beneficial so many people think they know how to meditate but it take time and patience its sounds to me like you got to meet your own soul i never got that far but i,ve been pretty deep on occasions i needed to ground and slowly myself back into the now, yes it is boring but you get used to it, i also practiced OM chanting that an almost instant fix. but i must confess i prefer meditating in group sessions. its helped me with so many things in my life
Old 25-10-2019, 10:16 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
but i must confess i prefer meditating in group sessions. its helped me with so many things in my life

It's said group meditation is a different experience than meditating alone. I've never meditated in a group but I'm seriously contemplating starting a meditation meetup group.

I still have to work through the logistics, mainly finding meeting space and determining cost. The cost for administering the group on meetup.com is insignificant but the cost of suitable meeting space might not be so insignificant and I really can't use my house because of remoteness (in the boonies).
Old 28-10-2019, 10:15 AM
Master

I did it again last night, same experience, my heart and my breathing increased for no reason and then I managed to relax.I also felt some subtle sensations of vibration, I felt like my body was vibrating very slowly.It felt like I was starting to leave my body but then it was only a peace deeper than what I ever experienced until now.

I must say that it was amazing! After I stopped, my mind remained silent even after one hour from the moment when I stopped, I loved this deep peace and then I decided to meditate more.. I meditated until I felt that I am very sleepy, then I stopped and I feel into a deep and peaceful sleep right away!

So I meditated four two hours, more or less.

I remembered that prior to my session of meditation I was really hungry ( it was time for dinner ) but I decided to go on and meditate, then when I finished, there was no need to eat anymore, I was not even thirsty.It seems that while in deep meditation we can postpone the needs of the body.