Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 14-07-2014, 04:22 PM
EternalLove

Very interesting!

I have had these type of dreams on and off for years. Infact I just had another one lastnight! They are always similar though. It's in a huge room, like a locker room, there are never ending toilets in this room. Some are so high off the ground, that you can't even use it, some are on the floor, some are normal height. It's always the same though, the toilets and floors are disgusting, there is always a large crowd around, there is NO privacy what so ever. Sometimes the toilets are in a stall, but there are no doors, sometimes the stall is shorter than the actual toilet. I've had a couple where I've been able to use the toilet (almost) then all of the sudden there are a line up of people waiting to use the one I'm using (even though there are a hundred other ones) and I can't get up cause they are all gawking at me lol. In any case in these dreams, I really, really have to go.....but I never can.

Lisbet, I like your interpretation on it, it makes a lot of sense to me as I have anxiety too.
Old 14-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Guide
There are probably a number of things involved in the odd bathroom dreams, maybe for some the lack of privacy could be social anxieties like was mentioned.

But I think one of the main reason for the weirdness is that we are probably getting signals from our body that maybe we do have to go to the bathroom, but our psyche is showing us that we cannot do it here. Implying that we should wake up and go take care of business properly.
Old 14-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
Mine were different, because mine were almost always specifically about a lack of privacy: stalls without doors, no stalls at all, crowds of people, etc. (actually I still have them now and then, but not all the time anymore). But this has me wondering what the fundamental purpose of the public bathroom dream is. Is it the way we view others? My dreams are deeply connected to my social anxiety. I don't want to do my business in front of others but I am left with no choice, and the other people are always so casual, acting like its no big deal, so non-chalant while I'm having these inner thoughts about wanting privacy.

As more and more people weigh in, it's becoming apparent that there are subtleties to these bathroom dreams that point to other meanings.

Yours having more to do with privacy--is telling. That emotion of wanting to be covered while we "vent" our stuff [emotions] can be very powerful. That might be meaningful to you, something that you see as an issue in your life. And it would cause you to question further why you feel vulnerable in that way.

For me, the mess that is already there was often the overwhelming message to me, stepping into bathrooms and realizing that there was 3 inches of water and flotsam on the floor--and me in bare feet! At first I thought it was other people's "business" preventing me from venting. But now I wonder if it's not more about feeling that I had already "vented" something, but it's still around. That ties to something I feel about energy that doesn't make it all the way out of my system. Someone once gave me a portrait and auric reading that showed this "pooling" of purple energy at my feet. She felt it was not being grounded properly. I'm still not sure about it.

Quote:
So do bathrooms and doing our business there indicate NECESSITY in our lives? Something we feel is necessary on a deeply innate level, and yet consider appalling on a more surface level. Despite my absolute love and longing for privacy, somehow I know vulnerability in my communication is necessary to my life's development. If I don't learn to be open about that which I keep hidden, I will end up very likely backed up (emotionally, which would cause so much strife). But really we can't control the exit of our bodily functions so it would have to represent a force beyond our control.

Well, I'd agree that doing our business in a bathroom does represent necessity, but not necessarily appalling necessity--that's why many in the bathroom are unfazed by the lack of stalls or privacy. When it gets down to it, if you have to go, you have to go!

But for you, it seems that this process is shameful, meaning that the process of venting emotions might also be?

You're also right about the necessity for messiness. Both going to the bathroom and venting emotions is a messy process. It involves feelings about things, other people. And, yes, we have to allow other people to be messy about their venting too. How many times does someone go through a blame-first phase before they allow that they are responsible for a feeling? (Me, lots!)

I'm curious whom you are addressing in the end of your post. Was that to the OP? Or to the last person who posted before you?

Thanks for the perspective. Each person adds another level to the meanings possible in bathroom scenes! Amazing--something so humble and commonplace!

Lora
Old 14-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
But I think one of the main reason for the weirdness is that we are probably getting signals from our body that maybe we do have to go to the bathroom, but our psyche is showing us that we cannot do it here. Implying that we should wake up and go take care of business properly.

Yes, and as a kid, who didn't once pee the bed during a dream about going to the bathroom?

I think I am referring more to ..um, Number Two!! While it's true you can't do that in your bed, it seems to have a much longer lead-time.

I can usually tell if dreams were actually reflecting a bodily thing--like if a hand is numb and the dream has that in it.

But good points.

Lora
Old 16-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
As more and more people weigh in, it's becoming apparent that there are subtleties to these bathroom dreams that point to other meanings.

Yours having more to do with privacy--is telling. That emotion of wanting to be covered while we "vent" our stuff [emotions] can be very powerful. That might be meaningful to you, something that you see as an issue in your life. And it would cause you to question further why you feel vulnerable in that way.

For me, the mess that is already there was often the overwhelming message to me, stepping into bathrooms and realizing that there was 3 inches of water and flotsam on the floor--and me in bare feet! At first I thought it was other people's "business" preventing me from venting. But now I wonder if it's not more about feeling that I had already "vented" something, but it's still around. That ties to something I feel about energy that doesn't make it all the way out of my system. Someone once gave me a portrait and auric reading that showed this "pooling" of purple energy at my feet. She felt it was not being grounded properly. I'm still not sure about it.

Well, I'd agree that doing our business in a bathroom does represent necessity, but not necessarily appalling necessity--that's why many in the bathroom are unfazed by the lack of stalls or privacy. When it gets down to it, if you have to go, you have to go!

But for you, it seems that this process is shameful, meaning that the process of venting emotions might also be?

You're also right about the necessity for messiness. Both going to the bathroom and venting emotions is a messy process. It involves feelings about things, other people. And, yes, we have to allow other people to be messy about their venting too. How many times does someone go through a blame-first phase before they allow that they are responsible for a feeling? (Me, lots!)

I'm curious whom you are addressing in the end of your post. Was that to the OP? Or to the last person who posted before you?

Thanks for the perspective. Each person adds another level to the meanings possible in bathroom scenes! Amazing--something so humble and commonplace!

Lora

It was meant for your original post.

You are right about it being surrounded by shame for me (social anxiety is centered around an unreasonable sense of shame that other people do not feel to a great degree).

That is so interesting about the pool of energy at your feet. Like you need to deal with your emotional plumbing, or your grounding, so you can get rid of the old waste through the proper channel. Really i think our energy needs to be recycled back to its source for us to get the most out of it. What an interesting thought! If we let it pile up, we can't really do anything with it unless we allow it to cycle back through the earth, where it can be cleansed, released into the atmosphere and we can once again access it in a fresh way.

So, I wonder if everybody's bathroom dream has some sense of how we need to ground ourselves.
Old 16-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
That is so interesting about the pool of energy at your feet. Like you need to deal with your emotional plumbing, or your grounding, so you can get rid of the old waste through the proper channel. Really i think our energy needs to be recycled back to its source for us to get the most out of it. What an interesting thought! If we let it pile up, we can't really do anything with it unless we allow it to cycle back through the earth, where it can be cleansed, released into the atmosphere and we can once again access it in a fresh way.

Yes, it was a very interesting reading. It also showed these red patches of energy "inside" the body or very close to it. According to her, these were not included in the circulation of energy, therefore weren't moving. [It's one thing to understand this and another to affect it to change.] She also pointed out that there were areas where the energy pathways were "splintered" near the heart--probably by a huge influx of energy/pain that sort of damaged the "arteries". She said it was showing some repair though.

I've always been confused about the pooled energy at my feet because I can "feel" when energy makes it through my system. In fact, I can just breathe and get "twinges" in the sacral area, so I know it's getting there. [And when I stopped doing a kind of energy meditation, I could feel that the foot energy was gone. I then decided that adding energy to my system wasn't necessarily a good thing for me at this time.]

I have some kind of idea that the energy at my feet is a kind of balance for the excessing energy in the head area. But that's just my theory.

Here's the picture that went with the reading:

Lora

P.S. I don't worry so much about how the energy is "recycled". I think there are entities who handle that. I'm more concerned about keeping it moving!
Old 17-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Yes, it was a very interesting reading. It also showed these red patches of energy "inside" the body or very close to it. According to her, these were not included in the circulation of energy, therefore weren't moving. [It's one thing to understand this and another to affect it to change.] She also pointed out that there were areas where the energy pathways were "splintered" near the heart--probably by a huge influx of energy/pain that sort of damaged the "arteries". She said it was showing some repair though.

I've always been confused about the pooled energy at my feet because I can "feel" when energy makes it through my system. In fact, I can just breathe and get "twinges" in the sacral area, so I know it's getting there. [And when I stopped doing a kind of energy meditation, I could feel that the foot energy was gone. I then decided that adding energy to my system wasn't necessarily a good thing for me at this time.]

I have some kind of idea that the energy at my feet is a kind of balance for the excessing energy in the head area. But that's just my theory.

Here's the picture that went with the reading:

Lora

P.S. I don't worry so much about how the energy is "recycled". I think there are entities who handle that. I'm more concerned about keeping it moving!

Wow. That's really neat that she includes a picture of her reading. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

I agree about how it's not important how it is recycled, as long as it is circulating.

I have been able to work with my guides where I am "shown" where I have blocks via little twitches in my muscles in that area and can then direct energy to those places to clear the blocks. It only seems temporary though. I guess its important to get to the root of the stagnation because even if you can get it moving while concentrating, they are probably areas where the energy will build up again when not actively working on it.

I find this all really interesting, because I'm very interested and curious about energy healing in general.
Old 17-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
I find this all really interesting, because I'm very interested and curious about energy healing in general.

Yes, I agree. I tried to get Sangress to write a book about how she "sees" energy (she doesn't see; feels she bounced her energy off of people like a bat. Can therefore see deeper layers, or at least the "plumbing" in detail.)

She is a very different person now. I don't think she can/wants to do these any more. Too bad.

I also agree about blockages. I can affect them temporarily, but it doesn't seem to stick--at least in these larger areas of difficulty.

Lora
Old 31-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Guide
I finally turned a "weird bathroom" dream into a lucid dream last night.
I walked into the bathroom and closed the door, only to find it had no walls. So I was confused how a room could have no walls, and realized it must be a dream....then I went and conducted some of my lucid dream experiments before the dream faded.
Hopefully this is a start to make something useful from these weird dreams.

Rawn
Old 31-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
I finally turned a "weird bathroom" dream into a lucid dream last night.
I walked into the bathroom and closed the door, only to find it had no walls. So I was confused how a room could have no walls, and realized it must be a dream....then I went and conducted some of my lucid dream experiments before the dream faded.
Hopefully this is a start to make something useful from these weird dreams.

Rawn

So, Rawnrr, how did you first interpret your own bathroom dreams? Were they (a) attempts at dumping "stuff", (b) socially awkward situations, (c) need for privacy?

And so since you transformed one into something "open-walled", how would you interpret that? No more need for privacy? Shedding the confinement?

Just wondering how you see it.

Don't know if I could change the bathroom scenes as I'm usually not lucid during them. Might be something to keep in mind so that i do become lucid then. Then, whatever needs to be gotten rid of, can be dealt with!

Lora