Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 13-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Master
Thanks for that Mattie - that's great info.

There's a lot of images and ideas from all these suggestions that really 'ring a bell" for me. It's not cohesive yet, for my conscious anyway. But unconsciously, I'm aware there's something going on.
Old 13-08-2011, 09:47 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Thanks for that Mattie - that's great info.

There's a lot of images and ideas from all these suggestions that really 'ring a bell" for me. It's not cohesive yet, for my conscious anyway. But unconsciously, I'm aware there's something going on.

Cool...

nightowl
Old 14-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Master

Edgar Cayce on the dream meanings of:

12: cosmic order, spiritual perfection, and completion

5: change
Old 14-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Master
Thanks in progress
Old 14-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Time

Kaere

Sometimes, we just have random dreams. Yu my have had a conversation abotu catholic/christianity (its the same thing BTW) before bed, or thinking of the ins and outs. You may feel some guilt abotu NOT being caltholic (hows that for a turn around eh! lol) concidering monotheistic religions out number every other denomination in the western world, it plays a part in all our minds, catholic or not.

Weird dream though... lol

FYI - they dont sing the 12 days of christmas in a catholic church for christmas LOL Ive been baptized, communed and confirmed in the roman catholic church ( im sure youve seen in my posts im really non practising but still LOL)
Old 17-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Kaere

Sometimes, we just have random dreams. Yu my have had a conversation abotu catholic/christianity (its the same thing BTW) before bed, or thinking of the ins and outs. You may feel some guilt abotu NOT being caltholic (hows that for a turn around eh! lol) concidering monotheistic religions out number every other denomination in the western world, it plays a part in all our minds, catholic or not.

Weird dream though... lol

FYI - they dont sing the 12 days of christmas in a catholic church for christmas LOL Ive been baptized, communed and confirmed in the roman catholic church ( im sure youve seen in my posts im really non practising but still LOL)

Hi Time, sorry for taking so long to come back to this.

No lol I don't feel guilt about not following any religion. It sounds awful but I kinda view them as "quaint". I mean no disrespect to anyone, please believe me. I was raised without religion for the most part - I did go to Sunday School for some reason (my parents were not religious). I think my mum wanted some time alone and it was a safe place. I did go to a pentecostal church for a year or so - trying to make some friends in the youth group. I didn't take the churchy part very seriously.

Yes, I've been told that the "Christmas" in my dream is not how Catholic's celebrate it.

As it is, some things have been happening that are leading me to discount everything I'm receiving in messages or dreams.

Thanks everyone again for your input and help.
Old 17-08-2011, 11:51 PM
glenos

Christmas-- A big occasion
Wedding dress -- A big occasion for you
Wrapping presents -- Presents for others
A Priest-- A priest in a previous incarnation showing himself. The higher of the group gathered.
Tourists-- other disincarnates come to look and possibly learn(which they do)
Not this door but the other -- You may observe but you are not part of this at this time
Third and fourth days-- numbers three and fou,r perhaps days, months, or years.. time anyway.I'm not sure of the verse content in verses three and four, perhaps if you found that out it would zero in a bit more?

All kinda guess-work but I get the feeling....
Old 18-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Master
Thanks glenos for your thoughts.

It is true that I have seen a Catholic priest twice recently - in a dream and a vision. In a dream I believe he was a guide telling me to clean up my own mess and in a vision he was a priest during (I believe) the mexican revolution (they were persecuted in some areas). I have no idea why a guide or some such would ever be concerned about showing their own lives and events though - we're supposed to be living our lives, not theirs after all.

It's interesting that just last night I had a dream of a man wearing a black suit with a nice white shirt. He wasn't a priest though, but the colours match.

The third and fourth days don't mean much to me consciously. And there are no big occasions in my life at all so I dunno about those parts.
Old 18-08-2011, 03:10 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Keare,

Just to add - I've re-read my own dream from the other night and there are some startling similarities that might help you.

Mine was situated in a classroom, not a church, but I was looking at a collection of jewllery in a corner and was drawn to a large purple ring. I assume it was an ameythst. I was also looking for a necklace that I intended to buy for my 'bridesmaid' so persumably I was getting married, although the dream didn't follow this. Then I became aware of many children in the classroom and we had to give a presenation on something or other. One of the children was called Rachel and in real life I knew her from years ago in my childhood. She was from a strong Catholic family. She began to sing 'Away in a Manger' very vividly in my dream. I was full of joy and remember running around the classroom before I started to sing 'I wish you a Merry Christmas' with others.

I know it isn't exactly the same but it does strike me as significant in relation to yours. Rachel was clearly put in my dream as a link to religon/the Catholic faith, and the birth of Christ. The ring symbolises connection to spirit, just as the wedding in your dream does. The name Rachel means ewe or 'purity'. I think there is a similar theme in both dreams.

If you are interested I can try to find where I wrote down my nightmare where I was a Catholic, but i'm guessing you have enough info now.

P.S I did actually post about my Catholic dream (the nasty one): http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=19391

Go deeper. Meaning of Rachel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel
Old 18-08-2011, 03:20 AM
SerpentQueen

I think In Progress is very much on the mark, but perhaps there's yet another layer of the onion.

Kaere, sounds like we are similar backgrounds when it comes to Catholicism. I don't practice any religion, have studied many of them (East/West.. yes Rumi and Sufism totally appeals). If there was JUST one I had to pick and stay with, it'd be Quakerism.

Then about a year ago, I started also to have all these syncs, signs dreams with Catholic themes, and it was driving me batty. Of all the religions... why THAT one? Seriously, it was starting to feel like Davinci Code.. and I only finally just saw that movie about a month ago.

I just followed and researched and researched quite deeply. I suggest you do the same. This dream is telling you something. I have my own insights, but not conclusions yet. I will give you a few hints to follow:

Bride of Christ
Gnosticism
Gospel of Thomas (Nag Hammadi)
Goddess

That'll get you going. I'm here if you want to correspond as you enter deeper into the matrix.

Don't get too hung up that Catholicism chose you. I think it's more like "this is your culture" ... universe speaks to you in language you understand the best OR... quite possibly... the one you can later speak and translate to others, after you've learned the message you're supposed to deliver.

Good luck, have fun, enjoy the journey.