Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 27-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
Do you have any special technique to help you remember you are in a dream? How are you aware or is that too obvious to answer? I am curious how you do it so I can pick them up as methods for my own use too. Thanks!
Ask yourself before sleeping. I can't guarantee a 100% success rate but it can work.

What may also help is to fill your mind with things you like, especially before sleeping. If you dream about something you like it will be easier to become aware.
Old 28-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Ask yourself before sleeping. I can't guarantee a 100% success rate but it can work.

What may also help is to fill your mind with things you like, especially before sleeping. If you dream about something you like it will be easier to become aware.

Getting better at it! For the most part, I have a semblance that I am controlling the dream and aware that there is more to the dream than the immediate surroundings. I am also filling my mind with good stuff beforehand so that may be influencing some of my actions.
Old 28-02-2011, 04:36 PM
zytumi

Quote:
Far from always but sometimes I can, know that I am dreaming while in a dream. And sometimes, I can alter my dream while knowing this if I don't like how it is going. Occassionally, I just wake up because I decided I was tired of how it was going.

Can anyone here relate to this? Again, I'd like to say I am always aware that I am dreaming while in the dream but that just isn't the case.

I've had that happen too. Awhile back I had a dream I was dreaming in a dream... in a dream... in a dream... So many layers I started screaming for my husband but he couldn't hear me. When I finally did really wake-up I was disorientated for days.
Old 28-02-2011, 05:07 PM
EternallyHurt

Lucid dreaming has happened to me quite a few times ...

I remember the last time it happened, I was running around asking all of my family members where a certain person was because I wanted to talk to them "before it was too late ..." . For a few minutes I was just dreaming like normal but then it became a lucid dream and I was aware of it inside of my dream .. so the reason why I said I needed to talk to this person before it was too late was because I knew that I was about to "wake up" soon . :)
Old 28-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Experiencer
I've noticed that some of my dreams take on certain power all of their own. Let me explain because it sounds wierd. In a few cases, the characters I am talking to or having actions with do things that shouldn't be happening. They either do something not normal or something I didn't expect yet it is my dream! I am wondering if I could be interacting with someone else's dream and we are acting out our own actions some of them not at the control of either of us. Does that make any sense or is it really me controlling ALL the actions of all those in the dream? Curious to what others have to say about this.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM
mattie

KNOW It Will Unfold Naturally

Quote:
...Maybe I am not ready to always control and manipulate my dreams. Maybe I am not eating the right foods! ...

Donít worry about controlling or manipulating your dreams. Just be laid back about the experience & KNOW it will naturally unfold. Trying to push it too hard can be really counterproductive. It is much more effective to gently align our energies w/ higher dimensional consciousness.

First we become aware of our nocturnal journeys, then we become interactive w/ them. This unfolds progressively, not all at one time.

Donít feel it is something you arenít doing right as this will be a powerful limitation that will hamper your progress.