Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 05-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Sungirl

Mental health or something else

I have a situation I need support on.

A friend of mine's son has just started college. He has a history of mental health issues and so does his mother. He has been well for some time tho.

A person he has met at college was leading her boyfriend in a meditation to find his safe place. He went somewhere nasty and came out of the medi with a jolt.

Ever since then she has acted like she has a split personality. I have not seen her but my friend has and he said it was freaky.

I did an entity removal and it helped for a short while but she has gone back to how she was, she even attacked my friend's son.

Now I am being asked for advice.

My inital suggestion is she needs to see a doctore ASAP... but in the back of my head I wonder whether it is something like a past life that has been triggered or an entity that is stronger than I am able to remove. Would putting her through the methal health system do her a disservice because they are not open to the other possibilities.

Today the son called me again and I suggested both options. I said she needs to decide what she wants to do and then, if possible, he needs to walk away. He doesn't need this sort of thing in his life.

So, my question is:
When is it a mental health issue that needs a doctor, and when is it something a healer can deal with?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
cheeky_monkey

I was put in a mental hospital for three days with people trying to slash their wrists etc and I can honestly say it was more disturbing than getting well at home. The nurse who injected me with something which knocked me out for 3 whole days said with an evil smile that I was a psychopath, when actually I had just reacted to my ex who had spent weeks trying to provoke me and be little me. Perhaps there was no justification for my actions, but I know I wasn't the only person in the wrong, my ex and the nurse who enjoyed injecting me were.
I can't offer you any advice except to say maybe don't get involved as you are not sure the best course of action for everyone involved and from what I've seen psychiatric wards do nothing but exacibate the situation. Perhaps she needs medication to calm her down, maybe she is justified in her anger but not her actions, its difficult to say when you don't know all the details.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Sungirl

thank you.. I am trying to distance myself from this. I did what I knew how to and beyond that I am not getting any more involved.

My friend's son thinks she is posessed, but he is only in his early 20's. My friend says there is something very odd going on too, like her face and voice changes.

Sounds like an entity or a past life or something with a different personality.. but I haven't seen it, and I have no desire to. I'll work remotly but not face to face on this one.

I know entities can cause mental problems... they did with me.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:23 PM
metanoidcircle

The trend now is for community care although most doctors love hospitals more than their patients and even end up in their musical beds (not while they are in them of course! ;-) We all suffer in every centre but don't forget the norm is business as usual. Incarceration whether for asylum or sanctuary or refuge or what, is not permanently desired but must be cherished. Many drugs are just vitamins and minerals eg the anti-psychotic pyridoxine is the vitamin B6 and the mood-stabiliser lithium is literally the mineral lithium which is why psych meds are so cheap. However due to patenting laws and the ban on cloning drugs (or going "generic") we can't know exactly what is in drugs like quetiapine even my psychopharmacalogists in ward round couldn't tell me though they knew lots and lots even about the additives and their sources and appartently pre-gelatinised starch is not porcine or bovine but is suitable for vegetarians. But no, drugs are not built with carbon blocks i was answered. they are mined, distilled, extracted you name it. I hazarded the guess that it was daffodil or nutmeg i read in readers digest that daffodil was being researched in dementia praecox etc but i don't think that it would be nutmeg because that made hildegard von bingen trip and have migraines (sorry no citations available to hand) i'm been very psychonormal for two years now. I keep in touch with the chaplains from hospital where i was treated (the first two i sought help from have now retired) important to remember ward = guard as "the front line" is the most distressing metaphor we very currently have for our services. An illness is a complaint. the chaplains are their prepared with unity and hope and inevitable fallibility. they don't exclude. i can go on for ever but i just wanted to comment on the family link but i can't just now basically it not just genes maybe copy coping mechanisms external traumas which sometime need going over in notes sometimes SEPARATION shoudl be immediate = overburdened carers and revolviing door and lack of general needs housing. yeah alll the shapes complex. would recommend highly www.florid.org.uk which is led by "survivors"is the term i'll use they have many guests including professionals and legal, financial advice though can;t promise validity of advert as brain shutting down for evening.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Sungirl

I have suggested she see's a doctor and my friend's son is going to encourage her to do this too.