Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaranais
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've not read back through all the messages in this section. My question is about the concept of "time." I've recently encountered more than one source that talk about time not really existing and saying that what we usually think of as *past* lives are actually all going on at the same time.
Knowledge of what we are experiencing involves interpretation of the experience. Memory also involves interpretation, in which we look at the significant and meaningful. All of this is partly determined by one's understandings and interests.. Knowledge and memory come after an experience. How can a possible past life be happening now? It is the past, it lives on as a memory..

Are you a toddler or a teen, or do you have a memory of that..?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
No problem! I am enjoying reading all the various points of view on this forum and I appreciate all your thoughtful answers.

I will eventually have more personal time to contribute here, I'm sure, but, when I get a chance to pop in, I'm mainly reading right now.

I agree, it is hard to get one's head around a universe without time - I tend to try not to reason it out as I suspect that's fruitless. It's even hard, if not impossible, to have a human discussion without referring to some concept of time. In things like this I tend to just go with what "feels" right to me.

When you're at work looking at the clock, it's difficult not to think of the future. When you're sat at home and you ache after a hard day, it's difficult not to think of the past

I liken it to a radio station. In this third dimension we are tuned into a specific frequency. Move away from that frequency (alter your consciousness by meditation or whatever) and you reach that noise between stations until you tune into the next radio station (as in the Spirit realm, or at least a part of it). If you think about it, all those radio stations are broadcasting at the same time. That's kinda how I figured Parallel Lives as opposed to Past Lives. This Life I have now is one radio station, another Life is another station. By slightly altering my consciousness I can perceive a different Life - a Past Life. Perhaps that other Life is doing the same, and we exchange something in that space between stations. The Past Life isn't so past after all, it's happening right here, right now. I've often wondered if my Past Life memories are actually memories because sometimes they don't feel that way - they feel too real. What we might see as karma isn't karma at all, perhaps it's one Past Life working through issues that my consciousness is picking up on.

Now, anyone got some spare happy meds?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 AM
equuslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
When you're at work looking at the clock, it's difficult not to think of the future. When you're sat at home and you ache after a hard day, it's difficult not to think of the past

I liken it to a radio station. In this third dimension we are tuned into a specific frequency. Move away from that frequency (alter your consciousness by meditation or whatever) and you reach that noise between stations until you tune into the next radio station (as in the Spirit realm, or at least a part of it). If you think about it, all those radio stations are broadcasting at the same time. That's kinda how I figured Parallel Lives as opposed to Past Lives. This Life I have now is one radio station, another Life is another station. By slightly altering my consciousness I can perceive a different Life - a Past Life. Perhaps that other Life is doing the same, and we exchange something in that space between stations. The Past Life isn't so past after all, it's happening right here, right now. I've often wondered if my Past Life memories are actually memories because sometimes they don't feel that way - they feel too real. What we might see as karma isn't karma at all, perhaps it's one Past Life working through issues that my consciousness is picking up on.

Now, anyone got some spare happy meds?

Excellent explanation!!

Oh, and PM me when you get a line on the meds, OK?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Zaranais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Knowledge of what we are experiencing involves interpretation of the experience. Memory also involves interpretation, in which we look at the significant and meaningful. All of this is partly determined by one's understandings and interests.. Knowledge and memory come after an experience. How can a possible past life be happening now? It is the past, it lives on as a memory..

Are you a toddler or a teen, or do you have a memory of that..?

I would say that I have memories, and, of course, according to science, everything we experience is memory, since there is a lag from when a stimulus reaches our brain from our senses. However, all of this is the interpretation from human, physical experience. There is a school of thought that would say this is merely the way we understand things and not the truth of the matter. This school of thought would say that everything we think of as the past - including teen and toddlerhood - is happening now, and, in fact, it is possible to go back into those experiences.

Of course, this is the school of thought that makes my head hurt.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
Excellent explanation!!

Oh, and PM me when you get a line on the meds, OK?

Thank you, Equus. It's from the Advanced School of K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

And sorry about the meds. I'm keeping them all to myself. Ner Ner :-)
Old 12-02-2011, 01:36 AM
equuslife

Quote:
...And sorry about the meds. I'm keeping them all to myself. Ner Ner :-)

Well, I'll just keep this Chocolate Red Velvet Cheesecake Milkshake to myself then.
Old 13-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
Well, I'll just keep this Chocolate Red Velvet Cheesecake Milkshake to myself then.

Sounds like a plan :-) A single malt whiskey from the Isle of Skye hits the spot every time.
Old 13-02-2011, 06:32 PM
equuslife

Quote:
Sounds like a plan :-) A single malt whiskey from the Isle of Skye hits the spot every time.

Have pity on us common folk. Best I could do was some Jameson in my coffee this morning.
Old 14-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
I would say that I have memories, and, of course, according to science, everything we experience is memory, since there is a lag from when a stimulus reaches our brain from our senses. However, all of this is the interpretation from human, physical experience. There is a school of thought that would say this is merely the way we understand things and not the truth of the matter. This school of thought would say that everything we think of as the past - including teen and toddlerhood - is happening now, and, in fact, it is possible to go back into those experiences.

Of course, this is the school of thought that makes my head hurt.

Me too...though this is the school of thought that I believe is the truest...even if the hardest one for us to perceive.....

Has anyone else experienced the awareness of things changing but you remember both streams? Not so much from your own life...I'm not that good, LOL!!! But other larger events or perhaps "details" changing...others accept as if nothing has happened...but in fact...things have changed? Not always in a bad way...largely a good way, to my mind. Sort of to offset all the negative timestream manipulation that occured particularly in the last century or so...

Because of this, I'm trying to practise prayer and setting positive intentions more regularly...even without specific outcomes...just to "help the good"....

Thoughts?

Cheers!
7L
Old 18-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Gibbz

I must agree in saying that I have definitely pondered this. Unfortunately, I do not understand how that would be possible - As I am conditioned to what I know in this life. It is quite fascinating to think about.