Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-02-2020, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' For example, in Buddhism, is the belief in कर्मन् (Karma) not based on faith? '

It depends on what you mean by Kamma , your Wife/Daughter or other Buddhists Family members will help you understand it.

Buddha said,

' Do not believe in anything (simply) because you have heard it ; Do not believe in traditions, because they been handed down for many generations ; Do not believe in anything, because it is spoken and rumoured by many ; Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books ; But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. '

The word ' Faith ' in Buddhism doesn't have the same meaning that we hold, again your own Wife and Buddhists Family members will help you with this, it's quite complex....

After Buddha presented his teachings, how many generations transpired before it was actually put in to writing? How much got changed? Why do Buddhists have so many versions of Karma?

Is not "when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it" not the same as faith?

Why mock other peoples' belief systems? Their beliefs are just as valid as yours.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-02-2020, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
After Buddha presented his teachings, how many generations transpired before it was actually put in to writing? How much got changed? Why do Buddhists have so many versions of Karma?

Is not "when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it" not the same as faith?

Why mock other peoples' belief systems? Their beliefs are just as valid as yours.

' Is not "when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it" not the same as faith? '

No definitely not, to accept and live up to something you have tried and tested is called ' experience ' rather than blind faith
As I previously Posted ask your Buddhist Wife and Buddhists Family to explain the differences...

I am not mocking and everyone's beliefs are as valid as mine, I was referring to ' Blind Faith '
Old 21-02-2020, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Is not "when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it" not the same as faith? '

No definitely not, to accept and live up to something you have tried and tested is called ' experience ' rather than blind faith
As I previously Posted ask your Buddhist Wife and Buddhists Family to explain the differences...

I am not mocking and everyone's beliefs are as valid as mine, I was referring to ' Blind Faith '

How did you "live up to" निर्वाण transliterated as nirvāṇa? How was that tried and tested? If you had tried and tested निर्वाण, would you still be here?

How do you explain that as one drifts from one belief system to another, निर्वाण changes meaning. Examples of differences are found in Hinduism, Jainism, etc.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.