Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 01-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Master

Hi Aguia, thanks for your comments. I never thought of it like that. You got me thinking about it. The other morning I looked at my hands. I was surprised that I was not wearing any rings or my watch. I always wear my rings. I am starting to think who am I when I am in the astral. I feel it is me but I am different. It is strange. Why do you think you will be without alertness every time. I have to be alert otherwise if I am not alert enough I can miss out on things. A few days ago I ap and I thought a cat was trying to attack me. I pushed it away. It was trying to get up at me. I was thinking about that the other day and I thought that could have been my deceased cat trying to get my attention. If I was more alert it could have been a lot better. One of my goals is to see my cat. I have seen her a few times but I have not been aware enough or I have come straight back into my body. I am starting to overcome that now. I remember a few times people say they are dead. Other times I forget what people say. I must start writing things down. When I see people they are always like us or they could be from the past a long time ago. I can tell by what they are wearing that they are from the past. I never see any beings.
I get a bit frustrated because sometimes I do not make the effort to ap. Perhaps it is good to have a break.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
I meditate lying down, but for several months now, my energy body has become very active during meditation. Not just vibrations but it turns, leaps, etc. sometimes, it's is a leg or arm, torso and such. My question is do any of you have experience with the actual separation of energy body? Is that how it feels?
I have experienced it. When it happens move away from your physical body. Do it quickly without thinking about it. You will be out of your body very fast. If you do not want to do that, do an ap technique.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 AM
Pathfinder

Hi astralsuzy,

I did not mean that you are without consciousness EVERYtime, I just mean, there will always be OBEs without your daily alertness and this is normal and you get to know yourself because your subconscious is leading you then. In OBEs there are many graduations of alertness/ consciousness. Of course, if you want to be active and remember everything, you have to be alert - but most people think of "alert" as being alert like during the day; you are lead by your ego then, but I think it is not wise always to try to "lead with the head". Because it can also happen that you are fully alert, but rather passive, like driven by an inner sense which knows where to go and what to do. I think you are lead by a higher consciousness inside yourself then, a higher knowledge and wisdom inside. I experienced that only very few times.

You got me thinking about it. The other morning I looked at my hands. I was surprised that I was not wearing any rings or my watch. I always wear my rings. I am starting to think who am I when I am in the astral. I feel it is me but I am different. It is strange.
It is crucial to understand that the astral body is only a kind of "avatar" - it can take any form. Normally you will just look like yourself in the physical; this may be just because you know how you look like and identify yourself with this outer shape, and so do others - so the astral body is a shape you take to make it possible for others to identify you, as well. It is only an element of communication. The astral body is formed spontaneous and its form and vibrancy depends on your emotional/ psychic state - e.g. if you feel happy and full of love, your astral body will feel light and free and you will get access to layers of higher/ better vibrancy. If you are full of hate or anger your astral body will feel rather heavy and you'll come out in layers with low and negative vibrancy. So the kind of OBEs you have depends on your state as well. That's only a short summary.
And not only the body but also the astral world is an element of communication, all the forms take shape depending on the vibrancy - the thoughts and emotions of people living in some astral "place" will form their surroundings and their astral bodies as well. All forms and shapes in the astral are only illusion and identifying features, often psychic-symbolic. To some amount people can hide their real vibrancy to deceive others. And this is why your astral sense (sensing the vibrancy of others) is so important. The vibrancy can be hidden with visible aspects, but nothing can deceive your astral sense, the vibrancy is the only thing to be really sure about someone or something.

This thing with your cat is really interesting. Maybe it could be your deceased cat, but don't forget it could also be an obstacle built by your subconscious to prevent you from wandering far from the body (a friend of mine always was prevented by hundreds of cats from going out - first he thought it were astral animals but then he found out that they were part of this typical mechanism of the subconscious which wants to "protect us from dying"). I think you should try not only to see your cat but to sense if it really is a living being (forms built up by the subconscious are rather "hollow", roboter-like acting puppets). The same with the people, try to sense if they feel good to you or not, try to feel their vibrancy.
Ah, and I know that: people from the past; I sometimes met people too who wore clothes like in the 17th/18th century and it felt like they really were from this time.

Yes and it is the best thing to write it all down what you experience, in every detail even if it may seem unimportant at the time.

And by the way, it is normal that you have some days or even weeks without an OBE. No matter how hard you try it just does not work. But in a few days it will work again. I call it "slack period" and it happens sometimes - just stay cool and confident and it'll go away ;-)
Old 02-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Master

Thanks for explaining it me. It is good to get other peoples ideas. What you say sounds about right.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Master
Color

Nice thread, and thanks Aguia just the info on L D I was looking for .......
Old 06-12-2015, 04:58 AM
life.love.regret.

I thought I'd resurrect this thread because I finally made some progress in this area.

Before, I would begin to get the signals and vibrations but they would be so harsh that I would usually wake up. If I didn't wake up, I would dream and have feelings of rocking or floating away in the dream. I was never lucid.

Today, I decided to give it another go (really, its just an excuse to take a nap and not feel guilty about it). I thought I got the best results from laying on my back with a very flat pillow-or no pillow at all-but today I rested my head on the arm of the couch which puts it at a pretty good incline.

I fell asleep and went in and out of different dreams. In between dreams I became incredibly lucid. It still wasn't the same as being completely awake but I knew where I was and that I was asleep. When i did slip back into a dream it was the same "style" or feel of a dream that i associate with Aping. I these dreams I remember having someone with me. It feels now that they were guiding or teaching me. At one point in the dream I was walking down a hill on my property but it was dark. I was told to turn around and look back up the hill at my house and everything so was so glowing and bright and colorful despite being nighttime. I remember thinking "oh hey, I'm not colorblind here." There were many other "dreams" today but the details elude me.

After one of the dreams I went back into a lucid state but was surrounded by blackness and some specks of light that looked like stars in the sky. I noticed that I could "move" just by thinking it. For some reason I was compelled to gain some momentum and kind of "flip" out of my body. As I did this I heard what sounded like the sound of blood rushing through my eardrums. Sounds kind of like a whoosh. My body also vibrated like crazy as I gained momentum. After I flipped i no longer felt like i was laying on my back but actually hanging as if suspended from the ceiling.

There is some more but its even more abstract than what I've already mentioned. If any of this rings a bell to anyone, let me know
Old 06-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Pathfinder

Hey life.love.regret, that sounds pretty good. I think it rings some bells over here

These lucid periods in between your dreams were clearly OBEs/ dream-overlayed OBEs. You say when you fell back into dreams it was the "style" of dreams that you associate with APing. Well I think you just lost consciousness and the OBEs were going on. I know these switches between high and little consciousness, it happens quite often.
Now you say there was someone with you who was teaching or guiding you. This is a good sign! I think we all have friends and aqcuaintances over there and I have sometimes found myself in the astral with people whom I seemed to know since long but didn't know them in the physical world. Now I know some of them for some time in the astral and they are clearly teaching me in the astral and sometimes helping me with the energy and cleaning my energy body. It sounds weird but I think it isn't so weird, because - let me give you an example: you have a younger brother and are connected to him since many lives (I suppose you believe in reincarnation). After you both died you meet again in the astral. He maybe decides, out of some important reason (like he would like to learn specific things on the earth) to reincarnate, but you will stay in the astral. You decide that you help him while he is on earth. There will be some point when he will be able enough to go into the astral and meeting you, so you'll see again and you help him, you teach him and guide him on his way. I think this is just what happens to the ones who are guided in the astral. We seem to know since a long time but we don't remember because our astral memory is not accessible to us in the physical.
Now I think you have really been guided and this is very good. You seem to have gained access to your guides/ teachers from the astral.

I was told to turn around and look back up the hill at my house and everything so was so glowing and bright and colorful despite being nighttime. I remember thinking "oh hey, I'm not colorblind here."

I think the following: it is normal for the astral seeing all in bright colors - as you say, even if it is "night time". And you say, someone told you to do that. Maybe this "someone" wanted you to see that - and maybe he wanted you to become more lucid, because looking at things carefully and seeing bright colors can result in much better lucidity. It is just a guess, though.

After one of the dreams I went back into a lucid state but was surrounded by blackness and some specks of light that looked like stars in the sky. I noticed that I could "move" just by thinking it. For some reason I was compelled to gain some momentum and kind of "flip" out of my body. As I did this I heard what sounded like the sound of blood rushing through my eardrums. Sounds kind of like a whoosh. My body also vibrated like crazy as I gained momentum. After I flipped i no longer felt like i was laying on my back but actually hanging as if suspended from the ceiling.

The "whoosh" in the ears is something I experienced really often in the first time. It seems to be always connected with vibrations and I am relatively sure it is just the sound of the energy - you were in a kind of aroused state, your energies were very active. You must have been in the etheric body then; the blackness is another thing which indicates that you were not fully astral but in the etheric body. (Just to remember: the etheric matter is a kind of matter in between the astral and the physical and your etheric body is nothing more than the astral body plus your vital energy - which is denser than the astral matter and therefore you feel heavier than in the astral and vibrations can be very strong here). Just a question: after "flipping" out of the body, when you were hanging from the ceiling, did still you feel the vibrations and hear the whoosh or not? Because if not, this would mean the following: you were in the etheric body, the energy activity increased up to some kind of "maximum" that was needed to "flip" out of the body, and thus you were out in the astral body, feeling lighter than before. Could that fit?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:11 PM
life.love.regret.

As always, great info Aguia.

After a I flipped I did not hear the whoosh and feel the vibrations and it was black. There was nothing to look at. I remember playing around with the new ability to "move" what I'm guessing was my etheric or astral body. I remember spinning around very quickly (as if on a merry-go-round) and the vibrations increased. I'm not retaining much memory of the experience and I'm not sure I'm confident in being able to recall anything I've learned previously when I do it again. The memory of looking back up the hill and seeing the color is pretty eerie.

Building up the energy required to get out sounds exactly what I was doing with the flipping and spinning. This is all very strange stuff.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Pathfinder

Yes, after the whoosh stopped and you flipped you must have been fully in the etheric body. It is quite normal that you see nothing at all for the first minutes. I experience the same quite often. You can go blind or by touching, and concentrate on seeing and you'll see after a while.

Normally in the etheric body you are too heavy to fly or float around in the air. When you are flying around or floating up to the ceiling or something like that you can mostly be pretty sure that you left the heavier vital energy has been drawn back to the physical body and you are free to move in the astral body. In the astral body you can also see more colorful and lightful. And in the etheric body you can only stride away from your physical body for a certain distance. After some ten or maybe twenty meters you'll be drawn back to the physical. In the astral body there are no limits in distance.

This spinning around very quickly like a merry-go-round, I know this I sometimes spinned very fastly around some axis that seemed to lie at my head. The vibrations are increasing then. It happened to me always when I was trying to change from the etheric to the astral body.

Learning how to behave and how to react in the astral/ etheric is not a matter of just reading information and gather them. It is a process of learning and experiencing step by step. It is not so easy because often we are not aware enough in the astral/ etheric to remember all the things we read. Sometimes I make stupid mistakes even today after all this time and then I end up looking pretty stupid^^

It is very strange stuff in the beginning but you get used to it and there's so much to explore.