Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 02-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Experiencer
Can quantum physics explain the paranormal?

Does anyone know? Any theories or anything?? I was just thinking about this today...
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Ecthalion

No. If it could we would have an explanation by now as QP has been around since the 1920s. Future discoveries may or may not explain but current knowledge does not.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:59 AM
HockeyMask

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa_summer
Does anyone know? Any theories or anything?? I was just thinking about this today...

Depends what you are defining as "paranormal". Things like Out of body experiences, claims of levitation, mediumship, poltergeists can be explained scientifically by psychological factors or fraud.

There are hundreds of books written by new agers claiming that quantum physics explains cases of the paranormal, i.e. consciousness can influence the physical world. The view is not supported by many scientists.

I believe telepathy is real, but when you start pondering on the mechanism it is really quite magical and this puts a lot of people off into believing in such a thing.

Remember telepathy in many cases occurs almost instantaneously. For a thought or image etc to travel to one person to another they cannot be transmitted from one mind to another by any physical means without being first translated into a code. Remember if telepathy is to occur the brain receiving the information has to decode that information as well. There is currently no known physical mechanism that we know of that can do all of this.

Scientists for years have used all kinds of scientific instruments around the head and scanned the brain but no "fields", "radiations" or any type of unusual activity in cases of telepathy have been detectable on physical instruments etc.

So to answer your question, yes it is possible that QM may explain cases telepathy or forms of "paranormal" ESP but don't expect scientific proof tomorrow it has been over 120 years and psychical researchers and scientists who have investigated ESP have still not worked out the mechanism.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
No. If it could we would have an explanation by now as QP has been around since the 1920s. Future discoveries may or may not explain but current knowledge does not.

They are just scratching the surface when it comes to quantum physics and multidimensional theory.

For my own personal opinion of the matter, a simple law such those of thermodynamics can explain away the paranormal.

"Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only change form". When a person dies, where does the "energy" go? It simply changes form.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal coil
They are just scratching the surface when it comes to quantum physics and multidimensional theory.

For my own personal opinion of the matter, a simple law such those of thermodynamics can explain away the paranormal.

"Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only change form". When a person dies, where does the "energy" go? It simply changes form.
Yes, it becomes chemical energy which is eaten by worms/fungi and converted to their own life energy. The cycle continues...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Yes, it becomes chemical energy which is eaten by worms/fungi and converted to their own life energy. The cycle continues...

I was referring to the human soul.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal coil
I was referring to the human soul.
I know you were. I was referring to energy which can be scientifically validated. Science does not (yet) confirm the existence of a soul.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Black Sun

But science does confirm the existence of an observer.

Just like science does not confirm the existence of God. But they have all manner of references to an Unmoved Mover, and a First Cause.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sun
Just like science does not confirm the existence of God. But they have all manner of references to an Unmoved Mover, and a First Cause.
The Unmoved Mover and First Cause can not yet be explained. Maybe in time they will be. Maybe they will be proven to be "God." In the meantime they are Unknown. That does not necessarily mean that they are God.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:38 AM
periwinkle

the more science explains the more it highlights the things which cannot be explained !!! science has advanced so much & can do & prove so many things - but there are some things which just defy explanation- seems there always be some things which are still 'unexplained' .... !!! xxx