Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Guide

From low to high with no obvious reason

I went from having what seemed like 'dark night of the soul' lasting days to a feeling of relief in that I felt better but still quite down which lasted over a month or so. Over the last week I've been feeling euphoric with no real explanation which in itself, for me, is not my norm. The contrast is so great and the elation so intense that it has me wondering how I can go from one extreme to another within days.

In the last 10 years I've experienced very low, low, neutral (neither low or happy as such) and if I've had happiness, I can't recall it so I'm thinking no real change from neutral. My situation and environment haven't changed whilst experiencing this random month of feeling quite down so I'm wondering where this euphoria has come from; and so quickly?

If anyone has experienced anything similar, I'd be grateful to hear from you.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Experiencer
Well it could be anything, i don't know nothing about you, what your life is about, but we get affected for reasons that are not our own. There is much to be processed and you are probably also part of it.

I also had up-down changes within minute. Can't say where that energy comes from. Psychiatric it would be diagnosed as mood disorder, but mood on its own is consequence of something else. Now im more stable, little distand and calm but this is also ok. It is easier to observe this way.

So im just opening topic and don't have any direct answers about this. It is also part of personal believes, how open you are prepaired to be to gain true answers.
Old 23-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Experiencer
It's funny how the human part of us questions things and is never happy, isn't it

You're questioning feeling happy and euphoric, yet you probably don't when you're low or neutral. Enjoy the feeling, be present with it and accept it. Know that 'this too shall pass' and it's likely to fade at some point, but know this from a place of full acceptance, not negativity or self-sabotaging talk.

The mind likes to overthink, yet the feelings within the body tell us how we're really doing, yet it is overclouded by thought.

Something is starting to shift by the sounds of it, so embrace it :)
Old 23-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Master

I don't know where you live but here it's turning into spring. The heaviness of winter is almost over. Little flowers are popping their sweet little faces out of the ground.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:23 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael_11
Well it could be anything, i don't know nothing about you, what your life is about, but we get affected for reasons that are not our own. There is much to be processed and you are probably also part of it.

I also had up-down changes within minute. Can't say where that energy comes from. Psychiatric it would be diagnosed as mood disorder, but mood on its own is consequence of something else. Now im more stable, little distand and calm but this is also ok. It is easier to observe this way.

So im just opening topic and don't have any direct answers about this. It is also part of personal believes, how open you are prepaired to be to gain true answers.

Thank you mihael_11 I meditate and ask questions seeking truth. I just know that I've never gone from one extreme to another like this before. Standing back to get some perspective on it isn't happening at the moment, its too intense to think straight I'm sure it'll calm down eventually.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
It's funny how the human part of us questions things and is never happy, isn't it

You're questioning feeling happy and euphoric, yet you probably don't when you're low or neutral. Enjoy the feeling, be present with it and accept it. Know that 'this too shall pass' and it's likely to fade at some point, but know this from a place of full acceptance, not negativity or self-sabotaging talk.

The mind likes to overthink, yet the feelings within the body tell us how we're really doing, yet it is overclouded by thought.

Something is starting to shift by the sounds of it, so embrace it :)

OEN34 I'm happy, I'm bursting with it at the moment but curious too because its new to me Believe me, I know when I'm low!

Lately I respond differently to things that happen every day in a much more positive way and I feel that if this 'high' ends, I'll still have that positive outlook. I don't know how I know that, I just do. Thank you OEN34
Old 24-03-2018, 12:58 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I don't know where you live but here it's turning into spring. The heaviness of winter is almost over. Little flowers are popping their sweet little faces out of the ground.

Same here linen53 .....and when I see these come out in bloom, I can't wipe the smile off my face

Attachment 2642

Last edited by Lolly : 14-11-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Old 24-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Guide
I'm right there with you, Lolly. I'm HSP but these last few months I've woken up feeling great, a good day, really happy and feeling connected and the next day I've woken up and feel low, down, nothing's right in life and it has left me bewildered as to why such extremes; was it something I ate, drank, a supplement, because the sun is shining/not shining. I don't know what I'm going to get from one day to the next. Hope that helps, it's just good to know sometimes you're not alone.

Patrycia
Old 24-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
I went from having what seemed like 'dark night of the soul' lasting days to a feeling of relief in that I felt better but still quite down which lasted over a month or so. Over the last week I've been feeling euphoric with no real explanation which in itself, for me, is not my norm. The contrast is so great and the elation so intense that it has me wondering how I can go from one extreme to another within days.
It's been said that if you don't know where you're coming from you don't know where you're going.It's been a long, dark, cold winter and regardless of how Spiritual we tell ourselves we are, we're still prone to our environments changing our moods. What's not realised is that our moods do actually, physically change us. That's no huge secret. I don't know if it's just me or whether or not there is a difference, but we've just come out of the equinox (depending on where you are on the planet) and the solar radiation has changed due to the earth's inclination. I certainly feel better after the equinox because we're heading towards summer. Quad-biking in the highlands, yeehaa!!

The dark night of the Soul is 'winter', and now it's 'spring', chicken. Sorry, couldn't resist. We go through cycles, it's a natural part of the process. You haven't had much happiness so you're pretty used to experiencing low vibes, so even not feeling unhappy is going to mean quite a shift for you. You notice it so much because the changes are so very different to what you're used to. And really, the time factor is pretty much irrelevant because these things can happen in the twinkling of an eye.

This moment is this moment, how are you going to spend it? When you answer that question you'll know the reason for it happening. Things don't happen TO you, they happen BECAUSE of you.
Old 25-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I'm right there with you, Lolly. I'm HSP but these last few months I've woken up feeling great, a good day, really happy and feeling connected and the next day I've woken up and feel low, down, nothing's right in life and it has left me bewildered as to why such extremes; was it something I ate, drank, a supplement, because the sun is shining/not shining. I don't know what I'm going to get from one day to the next. Hope that helps, it's just good to know sometimes you're not alone.

Patrycia

Thank you for sharing Patrycia, it does help